User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 136

  1. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I was responding to.....



    I'm saying I'm a normal well adjusted person who has psychopathic traits that benefit me greatly. I still value and have empathy for other people just not in the same measures others do.

    One would think this thread was created for people like myself to express what its like, but if you have no interest in learning what its like to be different then I've got nothing for you.

    So if your done with your crusade to round up the villagers and light the torches, please leave.
    Being a psychopath makes you a psychopath, not having certain positive traits. I am also confident, cool under pressure, and able to analyze things "dispassionately," but I'm clearly not a psychopath (lack of empathy and the other negative BS). I also have the trait of being accused of being a psychopath, but I guess that's not a trait because psychopaths aren't usually spotted, unless it's by people like me. And I don't really spot them, it's more like they spot me, or they get spooked when their charm and BS doesn't work, and so they go into attack mode.

    I will never apologize for or stop attacking the negative psychopathic traits or stop saying psychopathy is a bad thing, and in the same vein, I will always fight to make the distinction between a real psychopath and those who won't necessarily sit there and pamper the more needy and emotional.

    If you are lacking empathy or remorse and can move to violence or anything else that's harmful to others without even batting an eyelash, then I take it all back because then I think you have problems. Such a self-centered no holds barred existence is dangerous to those around you. Could you slit my throat without blinking twice, even though you aren't (I assume) a trained killer? That would be worrisome. Sometimes you don't have to be a psychopath to have to assess and reign in who you are, but I doubt things are that bad.

    I guess my point is that I understand the accusations, and it shouldn't surprise you that an INTP like myself is accused of such things, as you probably hear it complained about all the time, but whatever.

    Also, I didn't know this thread was about those with psychopathic traits sharing, I thought it was more a discussion about the pros of being a psychopath and if being a psychopath is such a bad thing, and I had to jump in and say that, yes, while there are pros to being a psychopath it is a very bad thing, and shouldn't be exalted not even a little bit. I also needed to say that there is no need to be a psychopath to learn or have their positive traits.

    Here is an online tests for psychopathy:

    http://www.counseling-office.com/sur...chopathy.phtml
    http://personality-testing.info/tests/LSRP.php
    http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/psychopathy.htm

    Obviously a brain scan is the way to determine this, but for those wondering where they land, this might help.

  2. #72
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    You get to be a class clown.

    Make it go away.

  3. #73
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I bet @Nicodemus is in the same boat I am on this.
    On what? Being less empathic than others or finding psychopathic traits valuable?

  4. #74
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CapLawyer View Post
    Being a psychopath makes you a psychopath, not having certain positive traits. I am also confident, cool under pressure, and able to analyze things "dispassionately," but I'm clearly not a psychopath (lack of empathy and the other negative BS). I also have the trait of being accused of being a psychopath, but I guess that's not a trait because psychopaths aren't usually spotted, unless it's by people like me. And I don't really spot them, it's more like they spot me, or they get spooked when their charm and BS doesn't work, and so they go into attack mode.

    I will never apologize for or stop attacking the negative psychopathic traits or stop saying psychopathy is a bad thing, and in the same vein, I will always fight to make the distinction between a real psychopath and and those who won't necessarily sit there and pamper the more needy and emotional.

    If you are lacking empathy and can move to violence or anything else that's harmful to others without even batting an eyelash, then I take it all back because then I think you have problems. Such a self-centered no holds barred existence is dangerous to those around you.
    Given that you've been on TypoC for all of about 5 minutes, I feel comfortable taking everything you say with a substantial grain of salt.

    Look in the mirror before you tell others you think they have problems.

  5. #75
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    On what? Being less empathic than others or finding psychopathic traits valuable?
    A little of both.

    And just some traits, like coolness under pressure and being able to dispassionately analyze problems etc...

  6. #76
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    You get to be a class clown.

    Gacy was always clowning around.

  7. #77
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Had I not been raised by a loving family, I think I could have turned out much differently.

  8. #78
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    The OP was about how many folks with traits benefit from them in the business world, and that one can have the traits and be a very successful, normal, and happy person.

  9. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Given that you've been on TypoC for all of about 5 minutes, I feel comfortable taking everything you say with a substantial grain of salt.

    Look in the mirror before you tell others you think they have problems.
    This is absolute foolishness. It's almost as though you didn't read the post. And why would the length of my tenure here have anything to do with the worth of what I have to say? Then again, I should know better than to try to discuss anything with the typical ENTJ. It almost invariably is seen as an attack, and even if not, it quickly becomes about winning and ego rather than reaching some sort of understanding.

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    The OP was about how many folks with traits benefit from them in the business world, and that one can have the traits and be a very successful, normal, and happy person.
    It wasn't necessarily about that, but that is something that seems relevant to the discussion.

  10. #80
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    A little of both.

    And just some traits, like coolness under pressure and being able to dispassionately analyze problems etc...
    I can be exceedingly empathic, just not on a great scale or for very long. Coolness and detachment, I think, have more to do with prudence than with psychopathy.

    Obviously, such traits have their place in individual lives, in evolution and society. To some degree, they are, as others have said, present on all of us. But the stronger they are and the more you have of them, the less beneficial they are to those around you, because actual psychopaths live for themselves. So, the pros of being a wolf are pros for the wolf only, not for the sheep around him.

Similar Threads

  1. What MBTI type do you think is the hardest to be?
    By OrangeAppled in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 02:04 AM
  2. The Easy to be Hard problem
    By onemoretime in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-16-2010, 06:52 PM
  3. [NT] The chance to be honest
    By GargoylesLegacy in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 12-21-2008, 05:42 PM
  4. Against the Law to be Fat in Japan?
    By heart in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 08-19-2008, 03:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO