User Tag List

First 34567 Last

I like the distinction between psychopath and sociopath (though they get used interchangeably), because psychopathy results from missing or disabled areas of the brain whereas sociopathy, while you can be born with it, can be "learned" due to excessive life trauma. Psychopathy is the worse condition, even though both can be very dangerous.

Sometimes I get afraid, because I spot psychopaths and sociopaths like clockwork. I get afraid they'll try to kill me or something to hide their secret. They are just that obvious to me. And each time I do, and see how they act, I just scratch my head wondering why anyone could think I am one. Anytime someone doesn't get their way, or they feel slighted by me (over nothing), or they notice me keeping to myself, or not talking, or not smiling, they start trying to bullshit that there's something wrong with me, and they start trying to put some bullshit label like this on me. PSYCHOPATHS ARE NOT LIKE THIS (QUIET, NO SMILE, ETC), IDIOTS! THEY PLAY YOU LIKE A FOOL, AND YOU WON'T EVEN THINK TWICE THAT THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THEM. FUCK YOU! But some people never learn. They just cling to their unfounded fears and beliefs, especially when they know they are wrong, and continue bullshit as though they are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    What a welcoming thread environment.

Really makes me want to contribute.
    Weird. Are you saying you're a psychopath, or something close to it, and that you will, if given a welcoming environment, contribute your perspective on what it's like?

You get to be a class clown.

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    The not so obvious alternative to that would be, of course, not to do so.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by CapLawyer View Post
    Weird. Are you saying you're a psychopath, or something close to it, and that you will, if given a welcoming environment, contribute your perspective on what it's like?
    Traveling for thanksgiving.

Responding to this is going to make me angrier than I would prefer to be at thanksgiving, so I will get back to you once I've returned.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by CapLawyer View Post
    I was responding to.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Perhaps psychopathic values instilled in neurotypicals are even more dangerous than psychopaths.
    I'm saying I'm a normal well adjusted person who has psychopathic traits that benefit me greatly. I still value and have empathy for other people just not in the same measures others do.

One would think this thread was created for people like myself to express what its like, but if you have no interest in learning what its like to be different then I've got nothing for you.

So if your done with your crusade to round up the villagers and light the torches, please leave.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I was responding to.....

I'm saying I'm a normal well adjusted person who has psychopathic traits that benefit me greatly. I still value and have empathy for other people just not in the same measures others do.

One would think this thread was created for people like myself to express what its like, but if you have no interest in learning what its like to be different then I've got nothing for you.

So if your done with your crusade to round up the villagers and light the torches, please leave.
    You seem too sensitive to be a psychopath. Oh but you said psychopathic traits, not psychopathy....which...is different?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Oh but you said psychopathic traits, not psychopathy....which...is different?
    YES

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I really would like to talk about all this, but not if I'm going to have to wade through oblique snide comments about how I moonlight as a serial killer.

That shit is not cool.

Ginkgo

I'm on no crusade.

In fact, in another thread about psychopathy, I defended the stance that even pure psychopaths possess a level of calm that predisposes them to (perhaps) handle interpersonal situations more fluidly. The idea that they're socially inept is a popular misconception.

Re: your comment about a welcoming thread environment - I wasn't sure if you were alluding to the fact that this thread was made by a (potentially dangerous) alleged psychopath, or if you had some diffidence to post because you wanted to defend psychopathy at the risk of being berated.

Ironically, even though I possess little to no psychopathic traits, I don't seem to be as sensitive about this conversation as you do. Perhaps I am projecting?

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I'm on no crusade.

In fact, in another thread about psychopathy, I defended the stance that even pure psychopaths possess a level of calm that predisposes them to (perhaps) handle interpersonal situations more fluidly. The idea that they're socially inept is a popular misconception.

Re: your comment about a welcoming thread environment - I wasn't sure if you were alluding to the fact that this thread was made by a (potentially dangerous) alleged psychopath, or if you had some diffidence to post because you wanted to defend psychopathy at the risk of being berated.

Ironically, even though I possess little to no psychopathic traits, I don't seem to be as sensitive about this conversation as you do. Perhaps I am projecting?
    My response was to @CapLawyer.

Someone with psychopathic traits is understandably more sensitive to a conversation about psychopathic traits than someone without them.

EDIT - however your comment about how normal folks with those traits being more dangerous is utter bullshit.