User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    We need the hard rough men patrolling our borders so we can sleep safe and sound in our beds at night.
    Huh?

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Perhaps psychopathic values instilled in neurotypicals are even more dangerous than psychopaths.
    What a welcoming thread environment.

Really makes me want to contribute.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

How bout just learn to adapt the traits of "charm, confidence, ruthlessness, coolness under pressure" sans psychosis.
    Screw psychosis- it's unpredicable and can be dangerous- and we shouldn't glorify mental illness (not stigmatize it) but we should be realistic and call it what it is.
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    Huh?
    Basically what he means is that there's a place in society for psychopaths - to be expendable wartime cannon fodder. (I'm taking my paraphrasing artistic license to some charming heights, mind you).
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    What a welcoming thread environment.

Really makes me want to contribute.
    You have more experience in the workplace than I do, so I personally value your contributions here - even if they were purely anecdotal.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Basically what he means is that there's a place in society for psychopaths - to be expendable wartime cannon fodder. (I'm taking my paraphrasing artistic license to some charming heights, mind you).
    Haha, I know what he meant.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    Haha, I know what he meant.
    Yeah... He makes (un)intentional sexual innuendos from time to time. Some of them are a little too well placed. If you can unravel this mystery, I'll give you a held item.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Most psychopaths would be the ones *in charge* of that kind of thing, not cannon fodder. : P

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    We need the hard rough men patrolling our borders so we can sleep safe and sound in our beds at night.
    This. Natural selection selects for the gene for antisocial personality, and research has shown that a proportion of every society will be made up of these types. But as a significant minority, or society would crumble from within. They are the ones who wouldn't think twice to put themselves at the front line of a tribal war. No hesitation, no fear, thirsty.

How this is manifested, makes or breaks a "psychopath" (clinical term, antisocial personality disorder). I remember in clinical psychology classes, reading that these people need a greater thrill/stimulation (of the "dangerous" kind) to feel what we would feel with much less extreme stimulation. Those brought up in a positive, functional environment grow up to be involved in work that is still aligned with society's values - like stuntmen, etc.

Those not, become ruthless killers, the parasites of our society.

So, just because someone is predisposed to this does not excuse it. Naturalistic fallacy. Environmental influences has a lot to do with how that will manifest. A big hint is if, as a kid, he is diagnosed with conduct disorder. (Yes, I used he as this is disproportionately skewed by gender)

Here's a classic example, The Iceman:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGfPY7httAw

Ps- it has nothing to do with MBTI personality type. That's ridiculous, at best, and a gross misunderstanding of MBTI and antisocial personality, at worst.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Qrious View Post
    Ps- it has nothing to do with MBTI personality type.
    There's literature showing correlations between various MBTI dimensions and psychological disorders, so your statement is trivially false. It absolutely has something to do with MBTI personality types.