Thread: Fashion by Type

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy Comeback Girl's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    yolo Ni

The ESFP clothes listed here have such dull colors! Maybe time for a real ESFP to step in...

So I usually wear very bright colors and I have this thing for shiny and fluffy (not fleece, not furry, FLUFFY) fabrics and I noticed the same thing about other ESFPs. The thing is I just don't look good in 'subtle' colors, they tend to drain me. Okay, sure, I can wear grey, but black, brown and any faded version of most colors make me look sick. I personally LOVE neons, no matter how bad I look, they seem to add some life to my skin. If you look into my closet, you'll find multiple shades of red and purple, lots of bright and neon yellow, hot pink, very clear white (not cream or off-white), bright and emerald greens and grey. I have some blue too, but that's mostly for pants (I'm just not that fond of blue), and I'm trying to cut down on black.

As for types of clothing: when it comes to dresses I prefer tight dresses (my stomach is pretty flat, so I can handle that) and skater dresses. For my work I need to wear pants, so I've got four pairs of skinny jeans (one of these had a monochrome print, the other one a camouflage print and the other two are normal). I also have some sweatpants, but I rarely wear those outside the house. I also have what I call 'summer sweat pants', which happen to be neon yellow shorts. I love shorts, by the way. I have tons of T-shirts, these are either basics or they have some fun kind of print on them. I even designed the print on one of my T-shirts, but I don't really dare to wear that one in public, because it could be seen as controversial (it has some political anti-racist shit on it). Now the only type of clothing where I really care about comfort, happens to be sweaters. They're still colorful and stuff, but I have a weak spot for fluffy sweaters and oversized sweaters with funny prints.

The only type of clothing I have trouble with, is jackets. I never seem to find one that completely suits me and most of them have these really boring colors. If I buy one, it's usually one of these long, elegant-ish ones with buttons and belt and stuff. I dread padded jackets and I usually stay away from jackets that make my body look straight.

Edit: oh, and I LOVE heels. I also wear flats from time to time, but mostly when I'm at work.
    Edit: and bright colored and shiny accessories. I don't really understand why my look doesn't come across as overbearing on photographs.
    Ewww is the new sexy

Hi! Ask me things, maybe I'll answer them! Just click here

And here's my functions: Se-Te-Fi-Fe-Ni-Ti-Ne-Si

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I like brighter tops, vs neutrals. But, my favorite colors/colors that I think look best on me are darker purples/magentas, blues, greens, and blacks. These days my 'look' is pretty much always wearing a scarf, but ones I knit myself, not the type that are thinner/more trendy lately. And, I usually wear some sort of cardigan/sweater/jacket over my shirt. Top it off with earrings and that's my style.

Jeans (but I dislike skinny jeans), usually. But lately I've really started liking ankle-length more fitted skirts.

Per a few earlier comments, I think I fit the 4w3 more 'sophisticated' / elegant look; I got a few comments in college re. that. But think that's a combo of clothing but maybe moreso how I carry myself/move (because.. many of my outfits are in theory fairly casual, it just doesn't look super casual on me; don't know if people will understand what I mean here).
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

I've started in the last couple of years integrating more colors into my formal attire...like dark blue or purple shirts...dark green, brown pants... started using accessories like watches more...

As for casual attire, I like loose fitting and comfortable clothes, like hoodie, jeans, sweatpants and sneakers...

I like coordinating colors, mostly in combinations already found in nature like shades of green, brown, yellow etc...

LadyLazarus

Love the color scheme for ISFP, hate the actual outfit(except for the skirt), although the concept of the overall outfit is nice.

In regards to my own taste, I prefer moderately trendy casual pieces for the most part. I hate the whole plain tee shit and jeans look, I only ever wear that sort of stuff when I am lazy or sick.Other than that I enjoy neutral colors, as well as dark colors, I hate overly bright gaudy colors and overly embellished pieces, as I do not strive to look like a disco ball.I only follow the trends I find appealing, others like UGGs or whatever I do not. I like to keep it classic but modern.

I like vivid colors. Dark jewel tones and lots of black in the winter and bright pinks, yellows, oranges and white in the summer.

Full skirts are a wardrobe staple for me. Also strappy sandals.

Don't like pants, generally avoid wearing them unless I have to.

Low necklines.

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

90% of the time I don't feel like drawing attention to my appearance, so I wear some of the most nondescript stuff possible: jeans or black pants, T-shirts, black or brown leather shoes. If I'm feeling relatively bold I sometimes wear a long multi-colored skirt or all black. I refuse to wear anything that sacrifices comfort and/or mobility for beauty (high heels, tight skirts, etc.)

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

Street-wear, yes, I like street-wear.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I'm glad @Deceptive revived this thread, so I don't have to.

All the material I've read on INTJs says that they don't care about fashion, because they don't care what society thinks of them. That's not quite true in my case. While it IS true that I don't care what society thinks of me, I do care what I look like. And since I'm a private person and don't volunteer things about myself unless I feel comfortable doing so, I instead choose to express my personality through my clothing.

As far as my fashion sense goes, I'm drawn to classic, timeless pieces. I wear a lot of black and white, and I love stripes and houndstooth. I also occasionally like to wear bold colors and prints as accent pieces. I wouldn't wear a bright yellow dress, but I would wear a black dress with bright yellow heels. But I don't like soft color palettes, or lace or ruffles. Those just aren't me.

I also like my clothes to fit well. Tailored, close-fitting clothes are actually more comfortable to me than baggy clothing. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing sweatpants, even while alone.

Here's an example of something I would wear:
    Likes Raffaella liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    All the material I've read on INTJs says that they don't care about fashion, because they don't care what society thinks of them. That's not quite true in my case. While it IS true that I don't care what society thinks of me, I do care what I look like. And since I'm a private person and don't volunteer things about myself unless I feel comfortable doing so, I instead choose to express my personality through my clothing.

As far as my fashion sense goes, I'm drawn to classic, timeless pieces. I wear a lot of black and white, and I love stripes and houndstooth. I also occasionally like to wear bold colors and prints as accent pieces. I wouldn't wear a bright yellow dress, but I would wear a black dress with bright yellow heels. But I don't like soft color palettes, or lace or ruffles. Those just aren't me.

I also like my clothes to fit well. Tailored, close-fitting clothes are actually more comfortable to me than baggy clothing. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing sweatpants, even while alone.
    "Fashion" suggests a consideration of external approval, since it amounts to what is popular or recognized by others as being "in style". So yes, in that sense we don't care about fashion. What we often do care about is projecting the appearance we want to project. This leads us to control our wardrobe choices, just as we control other aspects of our interactions with others.

My sense of privacy takes me in the opposite direction, though. Rather than expressing through clothing things about myself that I won't express otherwise, I try to make sure that my clothing doesn't express what I don't want to share. I prefer my clothing to be a complete non-issue most of the time, and neither call attention to me, nor detract from whatever I do want to present. I also don't want to waste alot of time or money on it.

I therefore have a very limited color palette with almost everything I own matching somehow. The styles are classic, though I will keep something in a more trendy style if I like it, even when it has gone out of style. I, too, prefer things that are tailored but not so close-fitting as to be confining or truly tight. E.g. skinny jeans are a big no-no. I often wear knits, like the turtleneck below, though not with jeans to work.

I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Opal, Video liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTj

No one posted any ENTP clothing. Am curious to what people think one would wear. I'm somewhat undecided on ENTP or INTP for myself.