User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Thread: Fashion by Type

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I probably look more an ISFP 4w3, and a stereotypical one at that.
    Do you have a disco ball suit like Chris Isaak?
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I've been on a kind of British Hunting attire kick lately.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    Do you have a disco ball suit like Chris Isaak?
    Is that what a stereotypical ISFP 4w3 looks like?

Perhaps not then....
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

From what I've seen, and the way I view it myself, INTJs seem to value simple but tasteful clothing. They aren't exactly "fashionable," but they do like to look nice. I don't dress particularly well myself, but it's more because in my environment, doing so would make me stand out more than I'm comfortable with. If I worked in a truly "professional" work setting, I would probably wear a nice suit, with basic colors, but given a little bit of character with some nice cufflinks or something. I know absolutely nothing of female styles, so I don't know how this perspective would manifest for female INTJs.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post

lol. how so?
    I would never dress as the "INFPs" pictured. I suppose Enneagram is better and much more in depth, my prefered clothing style has always been 'somewhat trendy' and 'unique', but not too special; reserved. I don't follow all trends, but admittedly, some I do. I realize this doesn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    That sounds about right...
    You should stop supporting the wool industry, it's cruel.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    From what I've seen, and the way I view it myself, INTJs seem to value simple but tasteful clothing. They aren't exactly "fashionable," but they do like to look nice. I don't dress particularly well myself, but it's more because in my environment, doing so would make me stand out more than I'm comfortable with. If I worked in a truly "professional" work setting, I would probably wear a nice suit, with basic colors, but given a little bit of character with some nice cufflinks or something. I know absolutely nothing of female styles, so I don't know how this perspective would manifest for female INTJs.
    I'd definitely agree with this. I have a good INTJ friend and he usually wears nice but casual jeans, a polo or buttondown, sometimes a vest, or a non-ratty v-neck or t-shirt. He also wears the occasional tank top (but not the entire-side/abdomen exposing ones) since he's kind of outdoorsy. Simple, but he always looks nice.

I also have an ENFJ teacher and she dresses exactly like the pictures posted here.

I'd wear almost all of the INFx clothes.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    Black suit, dark jeweltone sweater or collared blouse, comfortable black shoes, minimal but unusual silver jewelry. I have, in fact, a set of silver cufflinks and a deep purple blouse that requires them. I wear a similar color palette all the time, with casual pants and sweaters for normal workdays, black jeans with polos or pullovers for casual wear, and the occasional dress or skirt for fancy or party occasions.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Boot cut jeans and fitted tees for me. I like muted, natural colors when I can find them and even better if they are heathered because it shows less when I splatter grease and bleach on them because I forgot to put on an apron.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    INTP

- Like the INTJ, but horrible enough to actually like being hipster. Neckbeards and video game boxers where the dickhole is so overused you see the entire meat pile whenever they wear shorts.

-Wear Pokemon shirts to a job interview. Oh and they all LARP, so expect a broadsword or some stupid Star Wars lightsaber Wood Shop/Tech Ed high school project hanging tragic and unused (like their sexuality)above a filthy kitchen sink for some reason, in their 1-bedroom efficiency apartment. Lots of medieval weapons, actually, in their apartment and always paid for with student loan money from the college they dropped out of.

- Only talent is their crippling credit card debt

Vicious, subhuman mutants. Touching any part of their clothes, ever -- even incidentally, guarantees you get a potentially fatal dose of their freakish superbacteria. Weeks of scrubbing and crying for death won't be anything if you accidentally become them as a result of their infection. This is the only way they can reproduce. By overwhelming you with grime.

Don't ever get close. Not even on Omegle.
    I dont think your hipster theory fits very well on my fav clothes:

"Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Yeah... All the INTPs I've known go for function and comfort over fashion. I've known a couple of ones with a slight eye for fashion, but it seems to be rare for the INTP in general. The "hipster" community seems to be made up of INFx's, for the most part.