User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: Fashion by Type

Infinite Bubble

I often go for a checked shirt or similar, slim jeans and a peacoat if needed. What type should this be diagnosed as?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I used to love that site (where the photos from the OP are from)...I'd spend hours making outfits (and stories in my head to go with them); it was like playing with barbie dolls again. It was such a waste of time...

My style is sorta bohemian, arty, eclectic, and sometimes retro, sometimes modern. I'm generally quite feminine, liking to wear dresses/skirts a lot, but sometimes I like some menswear pieces, kind of Annie Hallish. I pull ideas from everything and somehow end up looking like me & not like where I pulled it from, which is cool I guess, but I always know how derivative it is. Other people seem to think I'm original and creative... I was discussing this with a male 4 once, and he said sometimes he thinks it's just how he carries himself. I often think I am not doing anything special (and indeed, am not) & certainly did not shop anywhere unique, but there's some way that I wear it that makes people think it looks special.

I like accessories a lot - hats, scarves, jewelry, tights in every color/texture, etc. I like novelty too, so I do notice trends. People tell me I seem regal/elegant, so I'm not so arty/bohemian that I look disheveled, I guess. I enjoy makeup (although these days I'm not wearing much to work on a daily basis), and tend to wear red lipstick and liquid black eyeliner a lot.

I probably look more an ISFP 4w3, and a stereotypical one at that. People always imagine INFP 4w5 as being less style conscious or clad all in black (which I do like).

When I was a kid, I was disheveled and unaware of my appearance, with goofily large glasses and flyaway hair. I used to spend a lot of time crafting looks for my dolls or characters I'd draw, and sometime in my teens I started to apply that to myself. So I seem to be "in character" with whatever I wear....
    Last edited by OrangeAppled; 11-27-2013 at 09:58 PM. Reason: typo
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I used to love that site (where the photos from the OP are from)...I'd spend hours making outfits (and stories in my head to go with them); it was like playing with barbie dolls again. It was such a waste of time...

My style is sorta bohemian, arty, eclectic, and sometimes retro, sometimes modern. I'm generally quite feminine, liking to wear dresses/skirts a lot, but sometimes I like some menswear pieces, kind of Annie Hallish. I pull ideas from everything and somehow end up looking like me & not like where I pulled it from, which is cool I guess, but I always know how derivative it is. Other people seem to think I'm original and creative... I was discussing this with a male 4 once, and he said sometimes he thinks it's just how he carries himself. I often think I am not doing anything special (and indeed, am not) & certainly did not shop anyway unique, but there's some way that I wear it that makes people think it looks special.

I like accessories a lot - hats, scarves, jewelry, tights in every color/texture, etc. I like novelty too, so I do notice trends. People tell me I seem regal/elegant, so I'm not so arty/bohemian that I look disheveled, I guess. I enjoy makeup (although these days I'm not wearing much to work on a daily basis), and tend to wear red lipstick and liquid black eyeliner a lot.

I probably look more an ISFP 4w3, and a stereotypical one at that. People always imagine INFP 4w5 as being less style conscious or clad all in black (which I do like).

When I was a kid, I was disheveled and unaware of my appearance, with goofily large glasses and flyaway hair. I used to spend a lot of time crafting looks for my dolls or characters I'd draw, and sometime in my teens I started to apply that to myself. So I seem to be "in character" with whatever I wear....
    I can actually relate to a lot of that. Also, coincidentally, have been called regal. A guy I used to work with always called me "governor." He said it's because I looked like a statesman or noble person. A lot of it had to do with posture, too. But my style is sorta artsy, eclectic, mixed in with black classic pieces, and I adore accessories. Earrings, necklaces, hats, scarves. Yes! I don't think I have a very 4w3 style though. I tend to think I'm more understated and 4w5 like, visually.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    I can actually relate to a lot of that. Also, coincidentally, have been called regal. A guy I used to work with always called me "governor." He said it's because I looked like a statesman or noble person. A lot of it had to do with posture, too. But my style is sorta artsy, eclectic, mixed in with black classic pieces, and I adore accessories. Earrings, necklaces, hats, scarves. Yes! I don't think I have a very 4w3 style though. I tend to think I'm more understated and 4w5 like, visually.
    The regal thing is very 4... The person who most recently called me this said it's the same vibe his wife gives off, and I'm quite sure she is 4w3, perhaps IxFP. She is very elegant & refined looking, but has this sour look as her default face; however, when you actually talk to her she's sweet and spacey with a warm smile. The spaciness makes me think IxFP and not INFJ.

She notably does not ever look bohemian or anything less than aristocratic. I'm far "funkier" & er, strange at times, but I don't know if that's anything to do with the wing.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    I have a (very favorite) cropped leather 3/4 sleeve motorcycle jacket just like that & a nearly identical skirt. I may have once worn them together with a scarf like that too .

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I have a (very favorite) cropped leather 3/4 sleeve motorcycle jacket just like that & a nearly identical skirt. I may have once worn them together with a scarf like that too .
    Leather is a staple of mine.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post

These are the types of outfits I'd usually associate with 4w3s, as well as 3w4s to some extent.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Sometimes the right piece for me is uncomfortable or cold. My rule isn't to avoid those things, but that if I make the choice to wear the heels/skirt/what have you, I'm comitting not to complain or to cut my outing short for their sake.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I would totally wear the black sweater, jeans and dark gray boots. I dress like that often.

I would also wear this: Attachment 10638

or this:

Attachment 10639

or either one of these. I like comfort and practicality. If I can't move in it and wear it all day to work and be comfortable, I don't really want it.

Attachment 10640Attachment 10641Attachment 10642

The one in the checks and jean jacket actually IS me, getting ready to head to work.
    Isn't that all ESFP'ish?