User Tag List

123 Last

Permabanned

Default How to get over being drained by other people?

Is there a way around this? It's pretty bad for me.

How do they drain you?

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    How do they drain you?
    I don't know they just do. If I feel drained for a few days I know it was because I was socializing the days before. I have to recharge with solitude. I think it has gotten worse the older I got. It wasn't so bad when I was a kid.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    I don't know they just do. If I feel drained for a few days I know it was because I was socializing the days before. I have to recharge with solitude. I think it has gotten worse the older I got. It wasn't so bad when I was a kid.
    You don't. You tell the people close to you that you require this. I need to recharge every day, especially after socializing. This isn't a flaw in you, I assure you. It's very normal for many of us.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    You don't. You tell the people close to you that you require this. I need to recharge every day, especially after socializing. This isn't a flaw in you, I assure you. It's very normal for many of us.
    This.

Even as an extrovert, I require regular time alone or I end up feeling like I can't breathe and haven't slept in days.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

WhoCares

People are draining, mostly human interaction is a never ending process of venting about frustrations. If you have your own frustrations then listening to someone else's feels like a burden. I also find people are incapable of interacting without requiring someone of the other, just being in the presence of that expectation is tiring. Me? I spend alone time everyday. The more I can get the better, of my 16hrs awake I would spend more than half in solitude. I'm only up for people in short bursts and no more than a single interaction period in a day. Other people interrupt my internal thoughts too much.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx
    Socionics
    ESI

Figure out what types drain you the most and how they drain you specifically.
    Then you avoid said types like the plague. (Requires quite good typing skills)
    If you have to interact with them figure out ways to minimize them getting to drain you. (Requires you understanding how they drain you)
    This is bullet proof, but guess what, I bet you won't do it.
    You are looking for a magic bullet, not having to work for it.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by hornet View Post
    Figure out what types drain you the most and how they drain you specifically.
    Then you avoid said types like the plague. (Requires quite good typing skills)
    If you have to interact with them figure out ways to minimize them getting to drain you. (Requires you understanding how they drain you)
    This is bullet proof, but guess what, I bet you won't do it.
    You are looking for a magic bullet, not having to work for it.
    This is good advice, but too focused on types. A person's type doesn't tell you everything you need to know about them. Individual people will affect you differently, and you need to pay attention to that, and, as much as possible, cut out the people in your life that drain you the most. Sometimes this may require really drastic measures (like changing your address and phone number and not giving them the new one).

Other people will drain you less, or, maybe, you might be lucky enough to meet one or two that don't drain you at all. Keep those people around.

And, whatever you do, make sure you have the resources to maintain your desired amount of distance/solitude.
    And that's my two cents on the subject.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    If you have your own frustrations then listening to someone else's feels like a burden.
    This part is the exact opposite for me. Listening to other people's problems makes me temporarily forget about my own. It can be a nice break.
    And that's my two cents on the subject.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx
    Socionics
    ESI

Quote Originally Posted by two cents View Post
    This is good advice, but too focused on types. A person's type doesn't tell you everything you need to know about them. Individual people will affect you differently, and you need to pay attention to that, and, as much as possible, cut out the people in your life that drain you the most. Sometimes this may require really drastic measures (like changing your address and phone number and not giving them the new one).

Other people will drain you less, or, maybe, you might be lucky enough to meet one or two that don't drain you at all. Keep those people around.

And, whatever you do, make sure you have the resources to maintain your desired amount of distance/solitude.
    Well when you have eliminated all the type related conflicts in your life...
    I wonder what is really left???

You have to resolve all 15 Renin dichotomies.
    http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...in_dichotomies

Plus all Enneagram related issues.
    I dunno really what is left after that.

Edit:
    Never mind, this is a classic benefactor/beneficiary relation.
    I'll think I'd rather go and do something useful with my life than have all my advice surface validated,
    but none the less shot down.