• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you had to (and could) change your type, what would you change it to?

Emotionalogic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My theory is that people are more inclined to switch between e/i and p/j than the two middle letters. In other words, people are willing to change the order and orientation of their top two functions, but they don't want new types of functions up there, because that would be too fundamental a shift. They're willing to change the style and shape, but not the content. So, for example:

ISTPs would think about switching to ESTP, ISTJ, and ESTJ, but not INTP, ISFP, or INFP.

ESFJs would think about switching to ESFP, ISFJ, and ISFP, but not ENFJ, ESTJ, or ENTJ.

INFPs would think about switching to ENFP, INFJ, or ENFJ, but not ISFP, INTP, or ISTP.

ENTPs would think about switching to INTP, ENTJ, or INTJ, but not ESTP, ENFP, or ESFP.

This theory jives with my experience; it might be cool to be more extroverted and/or more open ended, but I wouldn't want to be less abstract or less rational.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFP.. I'd rather be an ISFP than an INFJ though.

Emotionalogic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would choose ENTJ. I wouldn't want to stop planning things out.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ESFJ 2w3 sx/so

I would definitely have a boyfriend right now if that were the case. :boohoo:

On the real though, I like who I am. I don't wanna change! But if I had to, INFP 9w1 so/sx.

Ooh! Then I could attract an ESTP 8w9 sp/so and we'd be all cute together.

tumblr_lx3oz3Z4dI1qgppkeo1_500.jpg

/completely serious

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENTP or ISTP. I used to want to be an INFP or ENFP, but I changed my mind on that one.

Hypatia

trying to be a very good ENTP
ENTP.
[MENTION=19916]Emotionalogic[/MENTION]: interesting theory and interesting name!

I

Infinite Bubble

ESTP because I can imagine life being damn good for them.

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If I had to change my type, I'd go with ENFJ, ISTP, ESTP, or ENTP. I like Fe/Ti, and being a sensor appeals to me because there are more of them.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Probably infp.

My first thought was enfj or entj but I'd miss fi and ne.

I mean. I just wouldn't be me.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
not a permanent change, but it would be nice if I could experience ESFP for a while.

James W

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would love to be an ENTJ.

The art of getting shit done or debating people who seriously need to be brought down a peg would never be a problem, ever again.

As long I can keep the 4w5 enneagram, though, I admit, that would be a very unusual combination. I love being able to love Joy Division too much to let that feeling go.

Still, I'd wonder if I'd miss Fi + Ne too much. It's hard to find that profound optimism in the face of absolute oblivion with any other combination of the cognitive functions.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
IxTP

A great excuse to be lazy.

The irony is of course that laziness is inherently a J concept.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I used to go standard for INFP, and while that is still a viable option, I'd say Im more inclined to go ENFJ these days. Have some execution power for once :wubbie:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ISTP or ESTJ. Both are practical and logical, and both seem to come with a decent inherent ability to enjoy the world.

R

Riva

ENFJ or INTJ. If there anything I lack it is empathy and the immediate drive to help others in need and from what I have noticed those two types are the most helpful types.

I would select INTJ over ENFJ because I really wouldn't like to empathize with others to a level of being overwhelmed by it. For a moment I would have selected ENFJ because ENFJ males have a definite charm and seductive quality to themselves that is almost always unmatched; however I doubt I would have trouble in that area even if I was an INTx or alteast I am certain I'll be able to pull it off when it matters/Te.

To take is a bit further by dragging different groups into it :

NTs - INTJ 7w8 or 5w6
NFs - ENFJ 7w8
SJs - ESTJ 7w8
SPs - ISTP 7w8