• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ever meet anyone totally against personality tests and MBTI ?

G

garbage

I've met many people who are entirely against the social sciences as a whole. In my imagination, I give them a condescending pat on the head.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is it an ESFJ by any chance?

I don't know a whole lot of ESFJs but you get the "umm, why are you so interested in this?" response from them.

Hah, so true.

My ESFJ sister was quite interested in typology when I introduced her to it. I even translated all the questions to a good test and everything and helped her out getting a basic grasp of things.

I guess she was more interested in why I was interested in it the first place, instead of being interested in the subject herself....It only lasted a day or so and she never mentioned it since. :D

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
No I'm pretty sure he's some kinda INXX actually.
oh ok!

My ESFJ bestie responded to me like that, too. I learned after that to just keep talking anyway and she'll have to listen. :devil:
haha EXACTLY! if everyone else in the group is talking about it, they'll go along with it.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Hah, so true.

My ESFJ sister was quite interested in typology when I introduced her to it. I even translated all the questions to a good test and everything and helped her out getting a basic grasp of things.

I guess she was more interested in why I was interested in it the first place, instead of being interested in the subject herself....It only lasted a day or so and she never mentioned it since. :D
Right?! I only mentioned this because every single ESFJ I've encountered has reacted like that.

Eye of the Potato

The only person who was negative about it was an enfj. She scolded me one night for banging on about it. Said it was like astrology. Yeah that pissed me off.

I had positive reactions from 3 ISFp's, 3 ENTp's , 1 ENTj, 2 INTj's, 2 INFj's, 1 ESFp, 2 INTp's, 2 INFp's, 1 ENFj, ( a different one obviously) 2 ESFj's

I showed them descriptions of what type I thought they were and they all said they were spot on. Even the ENFj who scolded me said her description was accurate. :shrug:

I didn't broach the subject to the ISTj's I know, cos we aren't close any more. And I didn't bring it up with the ISFj's, ESTp's and ESTj's I know, cos it's just never come up and I don't think they'd really care.

The ISTp I know just said "yeah whatever" and an ENFp said it described her but she didn't look further into it, so I suspect she must have thought it was bollocks. (I think she's a wrong un tho, might be a sociopath, definitely an enfp gone wrong anyway. No one likes her)

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
...practical people who have zero interest in introspection or abstraction. Similarly, too much of either of these things freaks him out. He likes certainty.

This and a "Ok, that's nice, now what am I supposed to use this for?"

James W

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I get this quite a lot. Which is why I don't provoke people too much on the subject. I mean, it is just pseudo science at the end of the day.

You could make the argument that it is just conformation bias based on a few outstanding patterns in people's behavior, but a lot of the time the similarities are quite jarring and interesting food for thought if nothing else. Plus, any excuse to meet new people and see things from their point of view is always welcome in my eyes. :D

And then there's the absolute pain of personality tests and Kiersey, which does nothing to help those who are looking for easy access into the ideology. Almost all the time, you're guaranteed mistypes and boxing people into a stereotype that cause many to become fed up and claim bullshit with the whole thing.

If people are looking to understand typology, they'll do it themselves and find their own way into it. Other than that, I'd never want to be pushy about it. If they feel they get nothing out of it, then ....eh, it's probably not worth their time in the first place.

G

garbage

FYI, I merged the two duplicate threads on this subject. I was interested in reading thoughts about this but they were scattered :(

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I knew someone who was really into astrology but was against MBTI, because it was part of a desire to systematize, which was immoral for some reason.

I'm pretty sure she was an ENFP. I also didn't get along well with this person, in general. I'm not sure how much of that was because of her being an ENFP.