User Tag List

First 1234 Last

garbage

I've met many people who are entirely against the social sciences as a whole. In my imagination, I give them a condescending pat on the head.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I've met many people who are entirely against the social sciences as a whole. In my imagination, I give them a condescending pat on the head.
    Do you think typology is a social science?

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Moore View Post
    Do you think typology is a social science?
    Yes. Among the litany of reasons is that Google's dictionary thing tells me that it is.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    Is it an ESFJ by any chance?

I don't know a whole lot of ESFJs but you get the "umm, why are you so interested in this?" response from them.
    Hah, so true.

My ESFJ sister was quite interested in typology when I introduced her to it. I even translated all the questions to a good test and everything and helped her out getting a basic grasp of things.

I guess she was more interested in why I was interested in it the first place, instead of being interested in the subject herself....It only lasted a day or so and she never mentioned it since.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    No I'm pretty sure he's some kinda INXX actually.
    oh ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    My ESFJ bestie responded to me like that, too. I learned after that to just keep talking anyway and she'll have to listen.
    haha EXACTLY! if everyone else in the group is talking about it, they'll go along with it.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Hah, so true.

My ESFJ sister was quite interested in typology when I introduced her to it. I even translated all the questions to a good test and everything and helped her out getting a basic grasp of things.

I guess she was more interested in why I was interested in it the first place, instead of being interested in the subject herself....It only lasted a day or so and she never mentioned it since.
    Right?! I only mentioned this because every single ESFJ I've encountered has reacted like that.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

Socionics
    IEE

The only person who was negative about it was an enfj. She scolded me one night for banging on about it. Said it was like astrology. Yeah that pissed me off.

I had positive reactions from 3 ISFp's, 3 ENTp's , 1 ENTj, 2 INTj's, 2 INFj's, 1 ESFp, 2 INTp's, 2 INFp's, 1 ENFj, ( a different one obviously) 2 ESFj's

I showed them descriptions of what type I thought they were and they all said they were spot on. Even the ENFj who scolded me said her description was accurate.

I didn't broach the subject to the ISTj's I know, cos we aren't close any more. And I didn't bring it up with the ISFj's, ESTp's and ESTj's I know, cos it's just never come up and I don't think they'd really care.

The ISTp I know just said "yeah whatever" and an ENFp said it described her but she didn't look further into it, so I suspect she must have thought it was bollocks. (I think she's a wrong un tho, might be a sociopath, definitely an enfp gone wrong anyway. No one likes her)

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    ...practical people who have zero interest in introspection or abstraction. Similarly, too much of either of these things freaks him out. He likes certainty.
    This and a "Ok, that's nice, now what am I supposed to use this for?"
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Some xNFP types I've known have been this way. And one ISFP, too.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I get this quite a lot. Which is why I don't provoke people too much on the subject. I mean, it is just pseudo science at the end of the day.

You could make the argument that it is just conformation bias based on a few outstanding patterns in people's behavior, but a lot of the time the similarities are quite jarring and interesting food for thought if nothing else. Plus, any excuse to meet new people and see things from their point of view is always welcome in my eyes.

And then there's the absolute pain of personality tests and Kiersey, which does nothing to help those who are looking for easy access into the ideology. Almost all the time, you're guaranteed mistypes and boxing people into a stereotype that cause many to become fed up and claim bullshit with the whole thing.

If people are looking to understand typology, they'll do it themselves and find their own way into it. Other than that, I'd never want to be pushy about it. If they feel they get nothing out of it, then ....eh, it's probably not worth their time in the first place.