User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    But, you're still using it as a tool to understand, rather than as a firm dichotomy between people. You're applying it to reality and your own life, rather than getting caught up in theories about why thus-and-such a type shouldn't date another type, or whatnot, which I think is more what the original complaint was about.
    Yes - I would never use type as a reason for not dating someone, or not befriending someone, or even not considering a certain job or academic field. Instead I would use it to give me some idea of what problems and benefits might be involved in various relationships or occupations.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    When I learned I was Se Ti over Ti Se, it showed me my own potential. So now I get out there and do things instead of sit around the house and be a bitch.
    See I just find that weird.

That's you deliberately associating yourself to the type when it works better the other way around. But then again I never had the "oo it's me" revelation with this theory, not even from the start, so maybe I don't understand the influences from a personal point of view except as I see them come out on forums like this.

And how they sink into the collective forum consciousness. Perhaps there should be an 'un' in front of that...
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    That's you deliberately associating yourself to the type when it works better the other way around.
    It was sort of iterative for me during the self-discovery phase. I figured -- "if (if!) the theory's true, and I'm such-and-such a type, then perhaps action x is natural for me. Let's try that out. If not, then maybe I should reevaluate my type, then see which other actions might be natural for me."

(I know how ridiculous that seems, but )

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    It was sort of iterative for me during the self-discovery phase. I figured -- "if (if!) the theory's true, and I'm such-and-such a type, then perhaps action x is natural for me. Let's try that out. If not, then maybe I should reevaluate my type, then see which other actions might be natural for me."

yarp

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    When I learned I was Se Ti over Ti Se, it showed me my own potential. So now I get out there and do things instead of sit around the house and be a bitch.
    I find it helps me realize my strengths also, and feel proud of them, instead of ashamed of them. It also tells me why I suck about certain things, and hints at ways I could maybe suck a little less. It also allows a lot of room for complexity, more than most people think.

And I'm pretty sure I wouldn't understand people I already wouldn't understand. Now I at least know why I wouldn't understand them.

I also like it because it destroys individuality and reduces people to cookie-cutter templates. That's awesome because it lets me have power over them. I command legions through MBTI.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post

This makes me remember this one day, when I was very much caught up in trying to settle on my enneatype. I had woken up very early to go on an errand before having to get to work at 5 am, and I had on a dark hoodie and black exercise pants and my outdoor rugged sandal/shoes. I feel very comfortable in the still and dark of the early morning, and I did a bit of running, and was fairly stupidly appreciating how awesome I felt, and somehow that overall conceptualization made me think that I felt particularly 6ish, and somehow suddenly that clicked it into place for me. I guess it was the realization that the "vigilant guardian in the night" was a very familiar archetype for me.