First 1234 Last

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Quote Originally Posted by AzulEyes View Post
    Thanks for accepting my vent and responding to it. I do appreciate it.
    It's a great thing. We just cannot create boundaries over this stuff. We all are capable of utilizing all the functions. It's about preference. It makes life more interesting and productive when we all are a bit different. But let's not get too caught up into this stuff, people!
    On principle, I agree. I sometimes feel like this stuff draws lines between us where none existed before..."You are an ESFJ 2w3, so I can't POSSIBLY understand you. You're a complete alien to my mindset". LOL. Thus defeating the purpose of these systems--they should encourage empathy and be empowering, not divisive.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

When I learned I was Se Ti over Ti Se, it showed me my own potential. So now I get out there and do things instead of sit around the house and be a bitch.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    On principle, I agree. I sometimes feel like this stuff draws lines between us where none existed before..."You are an ESFJ 2w3, so I can't POSSIBLY understand you. You're a complete alien to my mindset". LOL. Thus defeating the purpose of these systems--they should encourage empathy and be empowering, not divisive.
    well said
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

It's kinda funny, because I think a lot of people are dead wrong about their types anyway, but then they get that identity that they crave and they just go with it. I identify as an INFP but I get into way too many debates to conform to the generally avoidant personality an INFP is supposed to be.
    "In Heaven, everything is fine." - The Lady in the Radiator

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I could be percieved as someone that uses MBTI too much.

I try to use it as a tool though.

Being Te dom is not fun when surrounded by feelers your whole life...

The real me is too abrasive, unapproachable, and not politically correct enough for people.

Knowing what I know now...I filter some of that before speaking with others...it helps me in interacting a lot...

Just like I didn't know that everyone else is more sensitive than I am, other people don't know that I am more like a robot in some aspects....

I think that people do abuse the concept and make stereotypes...yes.

But I don't think that someone can overanalyze anything. So it doesn't bother me when people are "overly" interested in identifying with an MBTI type..

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Interesting. I often have the opposite result, when I find that someone I have been on good terms with for years is a much different (and unexpected) type. It reassures me that we can and do have something in common, and can work together and get along.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Interesting. I often have the opposite result, when I find that someone I have been on good terms with for years is a much different (and unexpected) type. It reassures me that we can and do have something in common, and can work together and get along.
    Yea, I have that happen to me much more with Enneagram than MBTI though. If I understand what a person's enneagram is, I am much more apt to understand where they're coming from. However with MBTI I still don't see the other side sometimes especially with Ji types.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics

That's good, though. It means you see the differences between the types, but you still "get it" that we get along. I was talking more about people who use "my SJ parents" as the sole source of misery in their lives.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

That's good, though. It means you see the differences between the types, but you still "get it" that we get along. I was talking more about people who use "my SJ parents" as the sole source of misery in their lives.
    It goes both ways really. I'm not very good at guessing people's type, even in person, so I tend to interact with people without thinking about type at all. There are people I get along with, and a few with whom I don't. Every now and then, I learn someone's type. I suppose it just gives me more insight into whatever relationship we have - lets me peek behind the curtain, as it were, and helps me see why we get along, or why we don't.

For instance, I actually did have SJ parents. I can see there were pluses and minuses to that, as with any type. I appreciate the pluses, and now understand better why we sometimes disagreed in the specific ways that we did.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics

It goes both ways really. I'm not very good at guessing people's type, even in person, so I tend to interact with people without thinking about type at all. There are people I get along with, and a few with whom I don't. Every now and then, I learn someone's type. I suppose it just gives me more insight into whatever relationship we have - lets me peek behind the curtain, as it were, and helps me see why we get along, or why we don't.

For instance, I actually did have SJ parents. I can see there were pluses and minuses to that, as with any type. I appreciate the pluses, and now understand better why we sometimes disagreed in the specific ways that we did.
    But, you're still using it as a tool to understand, rather than as a firm dichotomy between people. You're applying it to reality and your own life, rather than getting caught up in theories about why thus-and-such a type shouldn't date another type, or whatnot, which I think is more what the original complaint was about.

I'm not saying there aren't differences between us (obviously, I wouldn't be here if I thought that!). Believe me, learning my parents were both Fi-dom tells me a lot about why I was influenced as I was. I'm saying we shouldn't let that become the be-all, end-all. I think you've got the right idea, in short.