• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are we born with our personality types or do we aquire them?

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was more ENFJ as a child. I'm a lot more introverted now.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Type develops epigenetically. So born with it AND acquired.

Tippo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Sounds like you are a have not. Your mother put forth bad examples of child rearing. Births, too often, are not respected.
Reflection is learning, being open with your statements indicates you can benefit through lessons.
And where was dad???? Open relationships create shallow children. Something the world has in excess.

Jaguar

We acquire them. When we come across mbti.

I can be nothing until I check with Isabel Myers to tell me who I am, and of course the only order of development I can possibly follow. Izeeeebell. Izeeeebell. Where art thou, Izeeeebell?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
You are born with certain tendencies. Your family will reinforce certain tendencies. Your social environment will reinforce certain tendencies. Your experiences, generally, do. Belief gives rise to action, formation of habits takes place over time, not acting otherwise than one would generally act means lack of change in any direction, though maturation alters habits through growth of regions. Moreover, intentional change causes a difference in development of habits, new skills emerge through practice made perfect.