User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default Which MBTi types tend to be more attracted to MBTi and similar personality tests?

That's a question and a food for thought, because I tried to search this sometimes but it loops to itself so I don't find what I want.
    In a similar way that we question for example "are there more INFPs or INTPs attracted to atheism", which types do you think are more attracted to personality tests and which other types might be uninterested?
    Of course, every type is there on this forum, but are there some statistics which types or letters have more preference to visit these forums and which are less frequent or express a distrust in these tests?

I am just really curious. I am really interested in MBTi and other personality measurements and deep discussions about the subjects. I thought it was because I am lost and I want to discover things about myself, maybe as an INFP I am lost, but other people are more certain about who they are with higher self-esteem, so they could think these tests are not for them, because they don't need someone else to tell them who they are.

So, anyway what are the usual types of people who might be more attracted to these kinds of things? What do you thing? Or is there some statistic research done?

MBTI
    INFP

Just realized there is a sticky post with forum member statistics, it's what I want.
    Sorry bout that, I am new here

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

NFs most likely, always in search of their identity.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    NFs most likely, always in search of their identity.
    Not a bad guess but, as the stickied OP shows, if you're looking for the #1 two-letter combination, it's actually the INs who are the most disproportionately represented (and by a fairly substantial margin).

And that's somewhat consistent with my RL experience with ENFPs and ENFJs, who've proven to be less interested in learning about the MBTI than I would have expected.

It's true there's a decent-sized population of ENFPs at TC but, let's face it, they're mostly just here to meet INTJs.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by reckful View Post
    It's true there's a decent-sized population of ENFPs at TC but, let's face it, they're mostly just here to meet INTJs.
    Said the INTJ.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Not a bad guess but, as the stickied OP shows, if you're looking for the #1 two-letter combination, it's actually the INs who are the most disproportionately represented (and by a fairly substantial margin).
    Yeah but for different reasons. Introverts are far more active in internet forums so it's no surprise that INs dominate this site.
    I supose NTs like MBTI for being a theoretical system that helps to understand the human personality, so more for the scientific aspects.
    But in general I say it's easier to get a NF to make a personality test.
    INFP is most common here I think.

Of course we are!
    But we try to hide as good as we can. :P
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I would think INFs.

Quote Originally Posted by reckful View Post
    Well, just to talk with them. You can't get that condensed amount of weirdness nearly as reliably IRL. And you know ENFPs just want to try all the flavors as much as possible.

Though to be honest, I love talking about the MBTI online, but I'm not as into talking about it IRL, so I'm not sure it's necessarily right to equate the two. I don't think you can necessarily gauge person's level of interest in something by how much they expose themself to it in front of you - especially because the quality of interest and conversation you can get here online is so much higher than IRL.

Permabanned

This stuff is like crack to me. I just don't care to socialize with you guys about it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I think it attracts NFs and NTs equally (SF, ST quite less.) But NTs take it way too seriously and become their label way more than NFs do.
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

NFs say the MBTI is fine as far as it goes, but you shouldn't forget that you can't really put people in neat little boxes, and that the most interesting aspects of someone's personality are generally the things that make them a unique individual!

And NTs are happy to acknowledge that your personality includes aspects that aren't really covered by the MBTI and that make you a unique individual — but NTs respectfully suggest that, if you'd like to discuss those parts, you should probably find an NF who's interested.

I hope this clears things up.