• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Visual Reading of Cognitive Types

B

brainheart

Seen this?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/CognitiveTypes[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I have seen this on here before, but I'm waiting for them to do more types.

Still not sure what I think of it yet. After all for it to work you have to take their body behaviour interpretations as being correct.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think it's awesomeness! they need an enfp one tho!

S

Stansmith

The FiNe one is interesting. I can certainly relate to looking depressed/miserable/uncomfortable when I'm perfectly fine. My gaze is usually soft, yet somewhat penetrative, and I tend to look 'through' objects which is indicative of SeNi according to this.

A few of the mistypes make me wary of really trusting this method though.

S

Stansmith

Vincent Kartheiser is an INTJ according to this typing method:

A

Anew Leaf

I think an ENFP one would be like trying to capture a hummingbird flying. All the hand gestures and eyes everywhere but the actual object... the change of topics midsentence... :whistling:

I

Infinite Bubble

Been watching their videos for a while now, but I still don't know how accurate they actually are. Obviously they're picking up some patterns, but are they the right ones, and are they being interpreted correctly? Can functions even be determined by facial cues (I think it's certainly plausible, but who knows)?

Maybe you'll find this interesting, it's not the official NeFi one, but videos of people they've typed as such that have prominent expressions for the type.

http://cognitivetype.boards.net/thread/87/nefi-clear-videos

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I checked them out when they were starting. I didnt take it too seriously but thought that they might have something going on there, but then i noticed them making some amateur mistakes and it started looking more and more like they dont really know much about what they are talking about. I think this should be posted on the "how not to do typology" topic(if it already havent been).

B

brainheart

Been watching their videos for a while now, but I still don't know how accurate they actually are. Obviously they're picking up some patterns, but are they the right ones, and are they being interpreted correctly? Can functions even be determined by facial cues (I think it's certainly plausible, but who knows)?

I think there's something to it, but as you say, are they doing it right? According to this I definitely-

-use Fe and Ti (like no question here).

-blink a lot (which they say is Si. But I live in a sunny and dry climate...?) and I think I have the naive Ne doe eyes. (Maybe big doe eyes get drier more easily?) But I don't exactly watch myself talk so it's hard to say. (I definitely do the Ni-zone out, too, though.)

I think they'd type me as an Ti-Ne, that's what I look the most like of their examples. But maybe Ni-Fe.

I would say this is still in the definite research/development phase and if I were them I think I wouldn't put my claims out there as if they were gospel quite so much. I love the idea, though, because I think our expressions and way of talking tell a lot- usually more than words.

[MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION], I will say every INFP I have known talks like the Fi-Ne example. They got that one down, for sure.

I'm trying to pay attention now to whether my eyes lead my head (perception over judging) or my head leads my eyes (judging over perception), ha. (Yes, I am totally geeking out on this. Some fascinating shit.)

I

Infinite Bubble

I think there's something to it, but as you say, are they doing it right? According to this I definitely-

-use Fe and Ti (like no question here).

Yeah, clearly there's something there. Whether it's related remains unanswered.

-blink a lot (which they say is Si. But I live in a sunny and dry climate...?) and I think I have the naive Ne doe eyes. (Maybe big doe eyes get drier more easily?) But I don't exactly watch myself talk so it's hard to say. (I definitely do the Ni-zone out, too, though.)

All Ne/Si users supposedly blink a lot, but Si > Ne usually has a 'concentrated scowl' look. I thought I did Ni-zone outs too (I posted on the forum and was told my P functions were clearly Ne/Si) but apparently it was Si (both 'Pi drifts' can look very similar).

I think they'd type me as an Ti-Ne, that's what I look the most like of their examples. But maybe Ni-Fe.

Have you thought about posting a vid on their forum so they can type you?

I would say this is still in the definite research/development phase and if I were them I think I wouldn't put my claims out there as if they were gospel quite so much. I love the idea, though, because I think our expressions and way of talking tell a lot- usually more than words.

I'm pretty sure they are writing a book on it. I do also enjoy the idea, so it'd be good if it was true. It'd take Jungian typology further than being a mere pseudo science too.

B

brainheart

[MENTION=17266]Infinite Bubble[/MENTION],

All Ne/Si users supposedly blink a lot, but Si > Ne usually has a 'concentrated scowl' look. I thought I did Ni-zone outs too (I posted on the forum and was told my P functions were clearly Ne/Si) but apparently it was Si (both 'Pi drifts' can look very similar).

I don't have the concentrated scowl. I know what you're talking about for sure, though. I immediately thought of my ISTJ dad when I read that phrase. Yes, I can see how 'pi drifts' could look similar...

I've avoided videos up to this point but I think I might for this because I'm pretty motivated to see what they have to say. Interestingly, I watched one of their vids and one of the main people (the girl) looks disturbingly like me.

I'm pretty sure they are writing a book on it. I do also enjoy the idea, so it'd be good if it was true. It'd take Jungian typology further than being a mere pseudo science too.

Yeah, I look forward to it.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, clearly there's something there. Whether it's related remains unanswered.

NeTi and FiNe and SeFi looked a lot like me.
NeFi doesn't have a video…

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i wonder if the video i have would be okay to submit? i hated the process so much i don't really want to do it again.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hey this is cool. I do the Ni zone out (looking through objects,my ESFJ friend asks some times where did you go midsentence, and people sometimes look over their own shoulder when I am talking to them)...I am pretty sure I have the Se perk up or weird bursts of intensity versus the naive Ne thing.

I thought the Fi look of disgust even when not disgusted and assymetrical smile was very correct, in general.

I also thought the NFP "pained look" was an interesting observation, I have definitely seen it.

I also watched some of Si Te and thought the Si turndown of the eye thing was pretty interesting...

I need to sit and watch these all the way through later.

Id like to have some one analyze me anyway.

Hey this is cool. I do the Ni zone out (looking through objects,my ESFJ friend asks some times where did you go midsentence, and people sometimes look over their own shoulder when I am talking to them)...I am pretty sure I have the Se perk up or weird bursts of intensity versus the naive Ne thing.

I thought the Fi look of disgust even when not disgusted and assymetrical smile was very correct, in general.

I also thought the NFP "pained look" was an interesting observation, I have definitely seen it.

I also watched some of Si Te and thought the Si turndown of the eye thing was pretty interesting...

I need to sit and watch these all the way through later.

Id like to have some one analyze me anyway.

You can submit a video here. I'm not sure how active the originators of the system are in terms of typing people but the other members seem to do it quite a bit. Can't vouch for their level of skill but it might be worth a shot.

I submitted a video way back and they concluded I was INTJ or ISFP. Very Ni/Fi heavy either way. Hypnotic and semi-bored eyes + sullen aura and tension in the cheeks and snarly smiles.

A

Anew Leaf

I think there is something to this. But it's hard to pinpoint if the real pattern is being pinpointed correctly.

I do think there is more merit to this than socionics where it takes traits that are genetics and latches on a label.

B

brainheart

[MENTION=7140]brainheart[/MENTION], you're probably Ne/Si because I don't think the doe eyes are ever really seen in Se/Ni users, unless the shape of them is genetic.

Check this out (anybody else interested should as well): http://cognitivetype.com/database/SummaryofBasicSignals.pdf

On post #7 I gave a link to videos of some NeFi's.

Thanks for the links. Problem is I read Psychological Types and Ni dom/ inferior Se suits me well. Also, I very much get stuck in Ni-Ti and getting out and engaging with the real world in real time (Se) and making heart-felt connections with people (Fe) are what always make me feel better/ more well-rounded.

Anyway. I will probably do a video. Because my kid who I can't imagine being anything other than ISFP has the same eyes as me. As you say, genetic.

B

brainheart

Did a video and oddly I look the most like the SeFi :shock:

So much Fi snarling and eyes out of the sockets coupled with the Te monotone. Apparently how I talk is completely different than how I think I talk. I look... maniacally psycho :shrug:

er... keyed up ISFP? (I was going to post my video but the audio is all out of sync, so no.)

Edit:

Whoa, actually these people talk/ look a lot like me- esp Leticia Sabatella and Amanda Seyfried.

http://cognitivetype.boards.net/thread/88/fise-clear-videos

Quote from Fi/Se:
imo many FiSes also have a sort of 'pained expression' (I do too) but it looks like more sort of a 'less painful pain' when compared to FiNe pained face.

Sounds pretty much right.

Has anyone else looked at these and have they been consistent/ different than your type?

S

Stansmith

Robert Pattinson seems like an ISFP in this one. Too much Fi flusteredness/sullen-ness.