User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Stansmith

As far as how I relate to the SeFi video, I usually stay relatively still when I speak, and my eyes are usually more sunken in. They seem manic.

The idea that bounciness/constant body moment = dominant Pe seems a bit misleading though. Fiona Apple and Andrew Garfield (INFPs) strike me as somewhat bouncy and jittery at times, although obviously, not to the same extent as someone like Katy Perry or Quentin Tarantino.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    As far as how I relate to the SeFi video, I usually stay relatively still when I speak, and my eyes are usually more sunken in. They seem manic.

The idea that bounciness/constant body moment = dominant Pe seems a bit misleading though. Fiona Apple and Andrew Garfield (INFPs) strike me as somewhat bouncy and jittery at times, although obviously, not to the same extent as someone like Katy Perry or Quentin Tarantino.
    You know, I was thinking about Fiona Apple and Andrew Garfield, too, as being bouncy/jittery INFPs (and they type Garfield as an INFP, btw). I'm thinking Joan Baez, etc, are more fi-heavy INFP while Fiona Apple and Andrew Garfield are a little more Ne-ish INFPs.

I was looking at their website and I was thinking of all of the reasons that would cause a person to be typed as more extroverted vs introverted by their method. First, if you're talking to a friend or recording yourself on your laptop you're going to be more expressive than if you're being interviewed by a stranger- that's just how it is. (or if it's a stranger you get along with you might seem more extroverted vs someone you don't connect with.) Also, I think there are plenty of introverts who extrovert in a 'weird' way which is going to make them seem more extroverted- like Robert Pattinson, as you say. I think a true extrovert will seem less awkward when extroverting, and it will be more consistent. With Pattinson it seems more sporadic- bursts of extroversion. It's kind of like all of the comedians who act wild and crazy but off stage are quiet and reserved. (Or in Spiderman 3 when Spidey gets all awkwardly extroverted and everyone looks at him like he's insane.)

I think it might be possible to determine the cognitive functions used by this method, but I think it would be more difficult to determine the order. There's just way too many variables.

Stansmith

@brainheart

I've noticed Woody Allen (IxTP) does the 'Te' micro-headshake too

I'd imagine its common among 6s and some 7s.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    You know, I was thinking about Fiona Apple and Andrew Garfield, too, as being bouncy/jittery INFPs (and they type Garfield as an INFP, btw). I'm thinking Joan Baez, etc, are more fi-heavy INFP while Fiona Apple and Andrew Garfield are a little more Ne-ish INFPs.

I was looking at their website and I was thinking of all of the reasons that would cause a person to be typed as more extroverted vs introverted by their method. First, if you're talking to a friend or recording yourself on your laptop you're going to be more expressive than if you're being interviewed by a stranger- that's just how it is. (or if it's a stranger you get along with you might seem more extroverted vs someone you don't connect with.) Also, I think there are plenty of introverts who extrovert in a 'weird' way which is going to make them seem more extroverted- like Robert Pattinson, as you say. I think a true extrovert will seem less awkward when extroverting, and it will be more consistent. With Pattinson it seems more sporadic- bursts of extroversion. It's kind of like all of the comedians who act wild and crazy but off stage are quiet and reserved. (Or in Spiderman 3 when Spidey gets all awkwardly extroverted and everyone looks at him like he's insane.)

I think it might be possible to determine the cognitive functions used by this method, but I think it would be more difficult to determine the order. There's just way too many variables.
    i'm pretty sure i'd be more extroverted in a stranger interview...or just anyone interviewing me...or just me talking to anyone. i'm pretty sure i seem pretty introverted when just talking to a camera by myself.

i mean...i think i can be pretty animated but not at all when alone. i mean...that would be weird.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i'm pretty sure i'd be more extroverted in a stranger interview...or just anyone interviewing me...or just me talking to anyone. i'm pretty sure i seem pretty introverted when just talking to a camera by myself.

i mean...i think i can be pretty animated but not at all when alone. i mean...that would be weird.
    Same here…
    If I'm animated when I'm alone, I'm acting…
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post

Well.. hmm.. maybe it's different for extroverts? Or just me?

I do know that I watched a youtube video of an ixtj and an isfp and they also said they were more animated in their videos than they are with other people. And my isfp kid will go crazy in front of a camera.

@Stansmith, yeah... I think there's still a lot that they need to work out- if it even can be worked out.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

It's pretty cool to see all those micro-expressions repeating in each interview. The INTPs act so much like my INTP sister it's untrue, esp the guy with the Ne toggling/Si scowl.

The NiFes definitely act the same as I do, with all that Ti disengagement and eyes leading the head.

I agree it doesn't feel very scientific though as there's no possiblity of "proving" anyone's type, through testing or otherwise.

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    6 sx

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post

Your actually quite right with this, telling polar pairs apart is the most difficult aspect of cognitive type. One thing to keep in mind though, is that one of the most striking parts of visual reading is the difference between Perception leads and Judgement leads. Meaning that normally the trouble comes down to spotting whether someone is SiFe or NeTi for instance. Telling apart TiNe and NeTi is actually a lot easier.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I'd like to see an ISFP and an ENFP video. I think there is merit to this. I just don't know if all of their typings are correct. Mila Kunis is an ENTJ?
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I am skeptical of VI, and I don't know whether the TeNi video should affirm or challenge that skepticism because of the obvious. I haven't felt that snooped upon by a typology profile in ages.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]