User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 24

  1. #11
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Well, I suppose non-Ti types could, and sometimes are, frustrated by Ti's insistence on everything "making sense" or being logical.

    I don't see it that way, but other people might.
    I've noticed that when someone says something that is just ridiculously illogical to me, it really pisses me off. I almost want to yell at that person that said the illogical statement. I have to stop myself.

  2. #12
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I've noticed that when someone says something that is just ridiculously illogical to me, it really pisses me off. I almost want to yell at that person that said the illogical statement. I have to stop myself.
    Me too. This might be one of the things they are talking about.

    I also have an issue with things that a lot of people popularly believe to be true, but don't appear to actually be true. Sometimes I grit my teeth and play along just because I don't feel like starting an argument.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  3. #13
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Me too. This might be one of the things they are talking about.
    I've noticed that Fi doms do this sort of shit all the time. I practically need Prozac to hang out with an Fi dom.

  4. #14
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I've noticed that Fi doms do this sort of shit all the time. I practically need Prozac to hang out with an Fi dom.
    It's just hard, because, Í'm always needing to bite my tongue or grit my teeth around them. But then, on the rare occasion I need them to do something, they'll push back just because it goes against one of their values. And I won't even get an explanation, really. At least not one that makes any sense.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  5. #15
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    It's just hard, because, Í'm always needing to bite my tongue or grit my teeth around them. But then, on the rare occasion I need them to do something, they'll push back just because it goes against one of their values. And I won't even get an explanation, really. At least not one that makes any sense.
    Yeah it seems like an Fi user can't hold back when you go against one of their values.

  6. #16
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I also think that what gets negatively overemphasized in Fe is adherence to social values. Many seem to think of Fe as this blind sheep following whatever shepherd it can having no set of internal values of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Yeah, I always thought this was bogus bullshit.
    Yup, that right sentiment there is a good litmus test for whether to place someone into the "is a terrible windbag" category.

    I'd change my self-typing if I gave a damn that Fe and so-stacking were collectively frowned upon. Which, if Fe and so-stacking necessitated that one gives a damn about having a trait that's collectively frowned upon -- well, take it from there.

  7. #17
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,056

    Default

    Are you sure that you're not just being fake? How can I trust anything you say because of the Fe? Stop manipulating me with your Fe voodoo!
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  8. #18
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    So I've been thinking more about Fe and how it applies to my life. I think it shapes my internal perceptions into something that I can bring out into the world. It's more a container than anything, something to pour it in. Because that rationalism is more nebulous/feely than rigid, it's extroverted feeling, not thinking.

  9. #19
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Are you sure that you're not just being fake? How can I trust anything you say because of the Fe? Stop manipulating me with your Fe voodoo!
    Look, I'm just a scorpion; and the world is my frog. I am what I am, so I do what I do.

  10. #20
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I would love to have a discussion on the feelings of Fe users and people with Social in their stacking on social situations and pressure, as well as looking at the actual qualities of Fe and Social versus the negative impressions attributed to them.

    I would be grateful for the sharing of any personal experiences on the part of Fe and/or Soc dominants and auxiliaries in relation to the social sphere, social pressure, peer pressure, bullying, popularity, persona, etiquette, shyness, "mean girls", loneliness, ostracization, relational aggression, status, and any other social or interpersonal experiences that may shed light on individual impressions of the social sphere. I would also be grateful if anyone of any type and stacking would like to contribute their individual impressions of Fe and/or Soc, how they differ in terms of social response, and how they can play into social pressure.
    'k, time to take this more seriously.

    I'm trying to recall some examples, from way back when it'd actually have applied. My memory sucks terribly.

    I was in band when it was offered in grade school and middle school. Other people in band were among my best friends. I was first chair, so I think they expected me to stick around in high school. I didn't. They totally ostracized me when I dropped out. I have no idea what the fuck, but, hey; cliques exist. I'm pretty sure I was absolutely neutral to it. If the only thing that we/they bonded over was whether one put a thing in their mouth, manipulated some holes on the outside of it, and blew on it as hard as they could--then, well.. ...

    On to high school, then. Not belonging to any sports teams or notable clubs, sticking up for myself with extreme vitrol and often saliva (shoe, shirt or face; higher angles for greater offenses), and going tongue-on-tongue without bothering to share my exploits, not doing others' homework.. well, none of that won me status points. I got by with enough extracurriculars and student clubs to build up a good resume; other than that, people were props and I was doin' my own thing.

    Overall, I've found that I have about a three-year window--when I meet someone, even if we get to be close friends, they're out of my life in three years or so. It just happens that way.

    I've always been neutral with respect to unwritten social rules (and pretty much every other set of rules out there). Rules exist, yeah. One can be cognizant of them without necessarily following them. One can cherry-pick the good ones and find a way around a rule based upon some unjust philosophy. Besides, it's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.


    Hell, overall, I'm just a person who gives a crap about other people. That doesn't necessitate that I put my salad fork to the right of my dinner fork but to the left of the other twelve folks on the table in front of me, and that I ought to hold my pinky outward when I grasp my white porcelain cup of sugarless tea with my four-button, nylon-spandex white gloves, in keeping with everyone at this fancypants event--which I am, by the way attending to increase my social status in an uptight country club that in my heart of hearts do not actually want to belong to.


    I'd be open to questions if it'd help

Similar Threads

  1. Mind, instinct and intelligence?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-21-2016, 05:50 PM
  2. [JCF] The difference between Fe of INFJ and Fi in general?
    By gandalf in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 11-16-2011, 08:20 AM
  3. [Fe] Fe is fake and manipulative (proofs inside)
    By INTP in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-21-2011, 01:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO