• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

641 for me? You are a Type 6 with a 7 wing: "The Loyal Friend" Your trifix is 6w7, 4

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
641 for me? You are a Type 6 with a 7 wing: "The Loyal Friend" Your trifix is 6w7, 4

Some might recall that I've struggled a little from time to time, fitting in with the 4w5 profile -- I don't pride myself on, or seek to be, unique, for example. These are the results I got on a recent quiz. I remember someone mentioning they saw me as counter-phobic, a word generally associated with 6s. Do you think this could be right for me?

[h=2]You are a Type 6 with a 7 wing: "The Loyal Friend"[/h]
Your trifix is 6w7, 4w5, 1w9.

In enneagram theory, you have one type for how you relate to the world (either 8, 9, or 1), one type for how you think (5, 6, 7) and one type for how you see yourself (2, 3, 4.) Your tri-fix contains one number from each of these triads. They are listed in the order of how strongly they present in your personality.

Your core type (your strongest type) is Type 6 with a 7 wing: Type Six individuals are reliable, committed, and security-oriented. They are natural troubleshooters, and are always aware of potential problems. This makes the Type Six anxious, but the anxiety fuels them to resolve their problems. They can range from loyal to rebellious, depending on where they get their security from – if the security is from within, they can be very defiant… if it comes from others, they can be very cooperative and devoted. When a Type Six is in a growth state, they become calm like a Type Nine. When they are stressed, they can become arrogant like an unhealthy Type Three. You are a Type Six with a Seven wing, which means that the committed nature of the Six combines with the outgoing nature of the Seven to create a very engaging personality.

Your second type (your next strongest type) is Type 4 with a 5 wing: Type Four individuals are intensely emotionally aware, and often retreat to their rich inner world of concepts and ideas. They are the most artistic type in the Enneagram and driven to create their own, unique identity. Type Fours value authenticity highly and express themselves whenever they can. They are one of the most individualistic types in the Enneagram. Type Fours, when in a state of growth, become principled like Type Ones. When stressed, Type Fours can become clingy like an unhealthy Type Two. You are a Type Four with a Five wing, which means that the individualist nature of a Four combines with the cerebral nature of a Five to make you one of the most creative types in the Enneagram.

Your third type (the least-used of the three) is Type 1 with a 9 wing: Type One individuals have a very finely tuned sense of right and wrong, and they chart the course of their lives by following a righteous path. This doesn’t have to be religious… it can be any set of principles that the Type One finds ethical. Ones are perfectionists, often setting high standards for themselves and others. Type One may very well be the most noble type in the Enneagram. When a Type One is in a state of growth, they become excited and joyous like a Seven. When a Type One is stressed, they become emotional and overwhelmed like an unhealthy Type 4. You are a Type One with a Nine wing, which means that the righteous traits of a Type One combine with the peaceful nature of the Type Nine to create a very idealistic personality.

Some words that describe you: principled, moralistic, perfectionist, self-critical, creative, unique, authentic, emotional, loyal, reliable, anxious, skeptical.

Could anyone perhaps point me to a fictional character who is a 641? or a drawing of what a 641 might look like?

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Some might recall that I've struggled a little from time to time, fitting in with the 4w5 profile -- I don't pride myself on, or seek to be, unique, for example.

Why do you have that as your type then? You're obviously not a 4w5.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd buy e6 for you. This is totally going on vibes/gut instinct, but yeah, that sounds about right. Although I'd guess more w5 than w7? I think of you more as being willing to see (and voice, lol) the gritty, unpleasant side of things than I think e7 (or even w7) normally would? But maybe that's the counterphobia. :shrug: At any rate, I can easily see e6 for you. :)

Last edited:

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yay!
Wait - so that would make my tri-fix 6w5 4w5 1w9, does that work?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hi, Tiltyred. :) I think it's been a while since I have seen you around?

I agree both that I could see that tritype and also that I think 6w5 would work well for you. You are quite observant and analytical, as far as I can remember.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
6w5, 4w5, 1w9 sounds pretty reasonable.

The gut fix might be what I'm least certain about.

The head fix sounds absolutely correct.

Heart fix: eh, best choice probably.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks so much for your responses.

As I read 7, it actually seems to fit me perfectly. Maybe you don't see that in my posting so much, but there's nothing about 7 that I disagree with, especially as a wing. [MENTION=7842]Z Buck McFate[/MENTION], I do believe it's the counterphobia. It seems effortless but it costs me. I call things out as quickly as possible before it can hide, build up, and get me. It always feels like doing battle -- it doesn't come easy. (although you would think so since I can access it so fluently and easily) But I will keep reading on this.
[MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] - hey. Yeah, I come and go. :)
[MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION], what about the gut fix gives you pause?

Are there any celebrities with this tri-type? I'm dying to see a picture of someone or read a good description. Fictional characters?

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not that familiar with the tritypes, so I have no opinion in that regard. I'm not even entirely familiar with e6- and the whole counterphobia thing is odd to me (specifically that only e6 is affected by it). I've known a couple of 6w5s, but I don't know if I know any 6w7s- let alone counterphobic 6w7s.. I'm glad skylights responded, she's the only 6w7 that comes to mind.

In short, I don't have much of an opinion outside of "yeah, e6 seems about right." If the description for 6w7 fits though, that's what I'd go with.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fair enough, that makes total sense to me. I'm just learning about six. I have always scored high in 6 but usually never highest, and never considered it as my first number, but as I read more, it seems to fit better. It's just that I know that people who really know the enneagram usually know things about the types that are not necessarily reflected completely in the descriptions, so I'm looking for more depth and rounding out the picture I have so far. 4 never has completely fit, and overall, counter-phobic 6 really seems to. For example, I was in a very tumultuous powerfully compelling love relationship in my twenties with a man who became frighteningly physically abusive, even to the point of beating my extremely sweet and well-behaved dog once, and I was so deeply heartbroken and deeply traumatized by that I ... took karate ... probably the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, because I have zero skills and no matter how hard I worked, I sucked at it, but I did it anyway. But my response to fear for much of my life has been FUCK YOU, FEAR! while I'm shaking in my shoes. And I do, when I really look at it, have a lot of fears. This topic is not addressed at all in 4, but it's right in your face in 6, and since it has dictated many of my actions throughout my life, and it came up in this quiz result, I'm investigating it. I'm just learning, quite late in life, that I don't even need to do the whole FUCK YOU, FEAR! thing; all I need to do is disengage and make a better choice, but still the instinct is there.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
all I need to do is disengage and make a better choice, but still the instinct is there.

:yes: The instinct is to respond immediately. Occasionally it can be incredibly valuable - avoiding car wrecks, preventing catastrophe, near-immediate delegation in crisis. From time to time, seeing things others do not see. But since our lives usually aren't that dangerous, a lot of the time it's just us spinning our wheels.

I'm not that familiar with the tritypes, so I have no opinion in that regard. I'm not even entirely familiar with e6- and the whole counterphobia thing is odd to me (specifically that only e6 is affected by it). I've known a couple of 6w5s, but I don't know if I know any 6w7s- let alone counterphobic 6w7s.. I'm glad skylights responded, she's the only 6w7 that comes to mind.

There are a few of us... Inari Love, shortnsweet, Stansmith, Marmotini, Hazashin, Owfin, Speed Gavroche. I think Speed is a counterphobic 6w7 ESTP, if you'd like to summon him, Tilty. Marm as well.

What makes you choose w7 over w5? I am curious because it's a significant shift from the very inward-focused 4w5 to the slightly outward-focused 6w7. I identify as w7 because I suffer from the "don't want to miss out on anything" disease. In either case, welcome to the 6 club :)

Incidentally, [MENTION=7842]Z Buck McFate[/MENTION], it's strange to me as well that only e6 is split. Sometimes I wonder if it's not more of a spectrum, but people divide it in two for convenience.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There are a few of us... Inari Love, shortnsweet, Stansmith, Marmotini, Hazashin, Owfin, Speed Gavroche. I think Speed is a counterphobic 6w7 ESTP, if you'd like to summon him, Tilty. Marm as well.

Well the only other 6s that come to mind for me (usually) are highlander and marm- but I thought marm was 6w5 (for some reason). I'm not sure why I've got only you three tagged in my head. :shrug: [And now four, with Tilty.]

/least so variant

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well the only other 6s that come to mind for me (usually) are highlander and marm- but I thought marm was 6w5 (for some reason). I'm not sure why I've got only you three tagged in my head. :shrug: [And now four, with Tilty.]

/least so variant

Don't feel bad, I cheated, I went digging in an old 6 thread to help me remember :D

It seems like 6w5s are more popular/prominent around, they're much easier for me to think of.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have to think some more about the wings. 6w5 4w5 seems like a lot of 5 -- is it? Is this a typical combination?

Thanks for the welcome, Skylights!

ETA: More reading and research and I still think w7, although that's something that doesn't come out much for me in this particular forum.

I think this is funny - I used to think 4 had about the worst possible description, until I started getting into 6. Delicious irony.

Last edited: