• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can anyone distinguish the Alpha Beta Gamma Delta archetypes for me...

Zangetshumody

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't necessarily wanna confine this to Socionics or any other particular school of thought, but if you have an understanding from a particular theory that you grasp pretty well and can succinctly share, please do! Trying to get some ideas of how to define these 4 groups in my own typology, and wanna see if there is anything in the Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta structure that could apply that's worth salvaging.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, I think there's some merit it to it, at least for Alpha types. Alpha interactions seem to have a kind of playfulness about them. Ti is detached, and Fe wants to keep things lighthearted. Ne is far ranging and broad... I'm not sure how Si fits into this... maybe sitting back and enjoying sensory pleasures like a really good peach?

I would say Delta is the opposite, and seems to be chracterized by a certain seriousness. My parents are both Delta, and while they have a sense of humor, there are areas that are certainly off limits for them.

Si+FI seems less well-disposed to black humor, I think. It does believe in the value of hard work and giving 100 % though. Tie-Fi seems to make INFPs more ambitious than INTPs.

I'm obviously not speaking of absolutes ironclad rules here, but I'm speaking of tendencies and patterns that I've noticed.

W

WALMART

Alpha - I'm awesome and I'll show you

Beta - I'm awesome and I'll tell you

Gamma - I'm awesome but you'll never see it

Delta - I'm awesome, leave me alone

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

This concept is interesting to me because it seems to have to do with the role tertiary and inferior functions can play in our lives and our interactions. It sheds more light on my secret "SFJ". Basically, it's a theoretical framework for understanding interpersonal interactions, not individuals. And yeah, I know I can just go out and have them, and learn things about them that way, but I still like doing this kind of thing, too.

Alpha: Let's chill and just shoot the shit.

Beta: ???

Gamma: Let's get something accomplished.

Delta: Let's talk about the things that matter to us.

S

Stansmith

I can see some vague similarities between me and xNTJs in terms of general demeanor. I'm not really sold on this theory though.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
From what I've learned from talking to [MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION] about Socionics is that Alphas/Deltas have a more agreeable presentation while Betas/Gammas have a more take-it-or-leave-it presentation. On the flip side, Alphas/Betas will be more upfront about it while Deltas/Gammas will be more low-key about it. Something along the lines of: Alphas = outwardly amiable, Betas = outwardly intense, Deltas = quietly amiable, and Gammas = quietly intense. For example that's why an SLI, while still being objective, may not be as emotionally striking as an LSI because of the softer presentation. I could have worded this a lot better but I don't know how else to put it. :(

Edit: I think [MENTION=15886]superunknown[/MENTION] summed it up nicely.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

according to this, I'm Beta :cool:

Edit: that said, I think thinking "I'm awesome! :cool: " in the first place is probably more Se. there's more of a cocky "bring it bitch!" quality while Deltas and Alphas seem less egotistical/more mellow.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

according to this i'm delta hell yeah

S

Stansmith

Alpha - Craig Ferguson
Beta - Kanye West
Gamma - Don Draper
Delta - Hank Hill

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interested. According to readings, I'm Alpha and it would explain a lot, with Gamma just coming in second, but I get IEI on all the tests.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Hmm, the way I see it:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Immature man-child seems the least objectionable. I'll take it.

S

Stansmith

Conversation topics

Alpha - Video games, Anime, Television sitcoms/dramas, Quirky topics.

Beta - Bitches, Sports, Homoeroticism.

Gamma - Career, Film, Deadpan humor, Snobbery.

Delta - Family, Food, Politics, Literature.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You guys make us Deltas out to be so dull. :boohoo:

S

Society

just trying to figure this out myself... so if i am getting this right:

alpha's: Fe/Ti, Ne/Si
ENTp INTj ESFj ISFp

beta's: Fe/Ti, Se/Ni
ESTp ISTj ENFj INFp

gamma's: Te/Fi, Se/Ni
ESFp ISFj ENTj INTp

delta's: Te/Fi, Ne/Si
ENFp INFj ESTj ISTp

so i suppose the question becomes:
what can be said about each function regardless of it's location?

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

ENTp INTj ESFj ISFp

ESTp ISTj ENFj INFp

ESFp ISFj ENTj INTp

ENFp INFj ESTj ISTp

Alpha/Beta share Fe/Ti
Alpha/Delta share Si/Ne
Beta/Gamma share Se/Ni
Gamma/Delta share Fi/Te

Si - What affects the senses
Ne - What could be

Se - What is; what has power
Ni - What was and what will be

Fe - Making decisions based on dynamic emotional atmosphere
Ti - Making decisions based on static internal logic/framework

Fi - Making decisions based on static internal ethics
Te - Making decisions based on dynamic external logic; controlling movement of objects in space

Edit:

Te, Fe, Si, Ni are dynamic
Se, Ne, Ti, Fi are static

Fe/Ti - Merry (Alpha + Beta)
Fi/Te - Serious (Gamma + Delta)

Si/Ne - Judicious (Alpha + Delta)
Se/Ni - Decisive (Beta + Gamma)

If the terminology confuses you, drop me a PM and I'll be more than glad to explain it to you.

S

Society

Alpha/Beta share Fe/Ti
Alpha/Delta share Si/Ne
Beta/Gamma share Se/Ni
Gamma/Delta share Fi/Te

Si - What affects the senses
Ne - What could be

Se - What is; what has power
Ni - What was and what will be

Fe - Making decisions based on dynamic emotional atmosphere
Ti - Making decisions based on static internal logic/framework

Fi - Making decisions based on static internal ethics
Te - Making decisions based on dynamic external logic; controlling movement of objects in space

Edit:

Te, Fe, Si, Ni are dynamic
Se, Ne, Ti, Fi are static

Fe/Ti - Merry (Alpha + Beta)
Fi/Te - Serious (Gamma + Delta)

Si/Ne - Judicious (Alpha + Delta)
Se/Ni - Decisive (Beta + Gamma)

If the terminology confuses you, drop me a PM and I'll be more than glad to explain it to you.

nice. so using that to answer the OP, the descriptions would be:

alpha's: merry & judicious, look at what affects the senses and what could be, make decisions based on the dynamic emotional atmosphere and static internal framework.

beta's: merry & decisive, look at what was, what is, what will be and what has power, make decisions based on dynamic emotional atmosphere and static internal framework.

gamma's: serious & decisive, look at what was, what is, what will be and what has power, make decisions based on dynamic external objects and static internal ethics.

delta's: serious & judicious, look at what affects the senses and what could be, make decisions based on dynamic external objects and static internal ethics.

ok... i've googled it to make sure i'm not having an english failure, but i am not sure what merry/serious are meant to express within this context (maybe too many merry ExFp's are hopping in my head singing Christmas songs).

(also immature manchild made so much more sense for me then merry and judicious)

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
nice. so the descriptions would be:

alpha's: merry & judicious, look at what affects the senses and what could be, make decisions based on the dynamic emotional atmosphere and static internal framework.

beta's: merry & decisive, look at what was, what is, what will be and what has power, make decisions based on dynamic emotional atmosphere and static internal framework.

gamma's: serious & decisive, look at what was, what is, what will be and what has power, make decisions based on dynamic external objects and static internal ethics.

delta's: serious & judicious, look at what affects the senses and what could be, make decisions based on dynamic external objects and static internal ethics.

ok... i've googled it to make sure i'm not having an english failure, but i am not sure what merry/serious and judicious/decisive are meant to express within this context (maybe too many merry ExFp's are hopping in my head singing Christmas songs).

(also immature manchild made so much more sense for me then merry and judicious)

Yep. :p

Merry/serious in this context literally means that, whereas for judicious/decisive one is more lax than the other. The former being more go-with-the-flow, the latter being more mobilized.

Edit: it should be noted that Fe/Fi color the merriness/seriousness of the group, since we know that F functions mainly deal with human interaction.

That's not to say Ti doms are NOT serious, they are; just that when it comes to group interaction they prefer it to be merry, where they depend on the Fe dom to merry everything up.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For everyone's information, this is where I got my definitions:

http://www.socionics.us/works/semantics.shtml

I simply paraphrased it to make it more consistent and simpler to understand. Do tell me if you find the words in my paraphrased definitions hard to understand, because I'm a copywriter in training and I need to brush up my language.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

ENTp INTj ESFj ISFp

ESTp ISTj ENFj INFp

ESFp ISFj ENTj INTp

ENFp INFj ESTj ISTp

Yeah..... and remember tyhat for introverts, to translate it into MBTI, you flip the j/p. I'm an INTj in socionics because my dominant function, introverted Thinking, is a judging one.

I also think the detached nature of Ti is in some way more compatible with Fe broadcasting. The attitude of Fi towards things seems to be the opposit of detached. Fi seems as though it has an attached attitude towards everything... attached used here in the sense of "engaged and invested in". I'm not sure how to describe what Fe does other than in terms of broadcasting, but it's not so diametrically opposed.

I'm not sure that my default mode is necessarily merry, but it certainly can be, especially when interacting with people. I don't have an issue with acting goofy, really.. and I think these can conflict with Fi's more reverent attitude. Fi might be optimistic, but there's something reverent about it too.

With regards to creative works, I have no issue with things that combine comedy and tragedy, and don't think there's anything in appropriate at all. I think Fi has issues with that kind of thing.