User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which types are the most Schizotypal?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

6 46.15%
  • INFP

2 15.38%
  • INTJ

9 69.23%
  • INFJ

4 30.77%
  • ENTP

0 0%
  • ENFP

0 0%
  • ENTJ

0 0%
  • ENFJ

0 0%
  • ISTP

1 7.69%
  • ISFP

1 7.69%
  • ISTJ

1 7.69%
  • ISFJ

0 0%
  • ESTP

1 7.69%
  • ESFP

0 0%
  • ESTJ

1 7.69%
  • ESFJ

1 7.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 3456 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Why? Because I actually talk about what statistical findings might actually mean? Can you expand on that statement at all?
    I'm just going to let you continue reading into my four word joke until the end of the universe, if you don't mind.

So, you were saying?

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by mingularity View Post
    I'm just going to let you continue reading into my four word joke until the end of the universe, if you don't mind.
    But you didn't. You gave up the game just now, unless you're engaging in passive-agressive behavior and this is actually the part that is bullshit.

Either way, the universe hasn't ended.

Enjoy a picture of some Andean livestock.

[Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    ISTP

INTPs are most likely to have a personality disorder according to that table. It's just the way it is. That said, the probabilities are all independent, so I also rank pretty highly, although my S is a saving grace.

wrt your comment, I definitely believe that your word salad makes sense in your head. You just didn't give enough concrete references to wtf you were talking about, making you an easy target for jokes, especially since we are in a thread that gives evidence that INTPs are the most likely to have a word salad disorder.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

INTPs are most likely to have a personality disorder according to that table. It's just the way it is. That said, the probabilities are all independent, so I also rank pretty highly, although my S is a saving grace.

wrt your comment, I definitely believe that your word salad makes sense in your head. You just didn't give enough concrete references to wtf you were talking about, making you an easy target for jokes, especially since we are in a thread that gives evidence that INTPs are the most likely to have a word salad disorder.
    Hey, at least I didn't passive-aggressively pretend to be joking.

It does not mean that all INTPs have, for instance, schizotypal personality disorder, merely that it is correlated with it. You could find it in other types, and find many INTPs who do not have it, essentially.
    What part of this needs to be more concrete? Perhaps I would be more receptive and open to clarification if you could state what it is you didn't understand. Of course, that involves admitting you didn't understand. I do spot one area in these two sentences where I could have expressed myself so clearly.

I can clarify, if that is truly what you are after.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

*brandishes magic decoder ring*

Sucks to be INTP.
    That correlation matrix is kind of useless because it does not take into account cognitive functions, people who are most likely to have personality disorders will likely be in dominant-tertiary loops. This means a ENFP who is in a NeTe loop might not self identify as a feeler or perceiver, they will be displaying more controlling, insensitive behavior than a NeFi ENFP who will identify more with their MBTI dichotomies(friendly, imaginative, empathetic, easygoing), they might not resemble a FP that much.

In the case of a TiSi INTP they will be more cautious, close minded, routine oriented, and out of sync with their environment, look no further than Immanuel Kant as a prime example of a TiSi INTP, he does not conform to the MBTI dichotomies, he could easily come across as INTJ or even ISTJ, they probably won't resemble a NP(open-ended and exploratory).
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post

In the case of a TiSi INTP they will be more cautious, close minded, routine oriented, and out of sync with their environment, look no further than Immanuel Kant as a prime example of a TiSi INTP, he does not conform to the MBTI dichotomies, he could easily come across as INTJ.

Immanuel Kant had a lot of influence on philosophy. You can also be so open-minded that your brain falls out. People who are gullible are open-minded.

As for close-mindedness, I think it's possible to be too open-minded. Open-minded is kind of a bullshit buzzword anyway. No human who isn't a vegetable is truly open-minded.

Not sure why being schizoid-ish is inherently worse than being schizotypal-ish, but there seems to be a judgement there. Which is not very open-minded.

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Immanuel Kant had a lot of influence on philosophy. You can also be so open-minded that your brain falls out. People who are gullible are open-minded.
    Tru dat.

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    That correlation matrix is kind of useless because it does not take into account cognitive functions
    It's not necessary to think about the cognitive functions. The normal MBTI dichotomies can be thought of as explaining the common variance across the function combinations that result in a given letter.

Antisocial: ISTP
    Avoidant: INFJ
    Borderline: ESFP
    Dependent: ISFJ?
    Depressive: ISTJ?
    Histrionic: ?
    Narcissistic: EN_P
    OCD: ?
    Paranoid: ?
    Passive Agressive: IN_J
    Sadistic: ?
    Self-defeating: ?
    Schizoid: INTP
    Schizotypal: ?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    That list is pretty interesting, but I got skeptical when I read that Ti-Si or Si-Ti is Schizotypal.

There's no way over-emphasis on a grounding function like Si would spring into odd magical beliefs and dazzling metaphysical systems.

As a generalization, that list might be okay, though I'm not sure I support the idea of opposite types being similar.
    Si as a function can be very idiosyncratic, remember Si is not present oriented like Se is, it is only grounded in terms of consistency of built up experiential associations(similar to Ni), this can and does vary widely between individuals. Si can produce very strange personal peculiarities, like irrational phobias, as an INTP I notice strange Si quirks in myself, when I was a little kid I was scared of Y shaped weeds of all things and I have always had a thing of NOT eating behind other people when their saliva has touched the food. When combined with inferior Ne it can be extremely paranoid, imaging all kinds of ridiculous worst case scenarios and treating them as probable, Si without Je can easily become deluded.

Johari Nohari