• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Most Narcissistic types

S

Stansmith

I'd say INTJ, followed by ESTP and ENTP. There's something about that subtle, TeFi condescension that comes off as more grating than the affable TiFe cheekiness of ExTPs.

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
I've never found NTJs as being narcissistic, those that I recognize as being that way. Though they might be in the inside? I just never really cared to look into them in that point of view.

In my own experiences, it seems like Se doms are pretty narcissistic.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd say INTJ, followed by ESTP and ENTP
I'd add ENTJ after INTJ, but other than that, yeah. FPs can have an egocentric bent to them that can appear narcissistic, but it's typically more harmless

for Enneagram: 7>8>2>3>4>1=5=6=9
for Instinctual Variants: Sx/So>So/Sp=Sp/Sx>Sx/Sp>So/Sx=Sp/So

Edit:
missed this...
There's something about that subtle, TeFi condescension that comes off as more grating than the affable TiFe cheekiness of ExTPs.
I do not agree with this part. the shit eating grin and Ti/Fe social manipulation tactics of ExTPs make me want to rip off their dick and choke them with it.
Fi/Te condescension is more tolerable because you can ignore it. it's a quiet sort of "I'm better than you" sans expectation or attempts to manipulate you. people can think whatever they want about me. as long as I know I'm awesome, that's all that matters :cool:

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
People use "narcissism" to mean all different things. If you're talking about Narcissistic Personality Disorder, it's characterized by caring a lot about what other people think of you. The DSM symptoms (per Wikipedia) include "Expects constant attention, admiration and positive reinforcement from others."

INTJs have a tendency to be arrogant, but in more of a don't-care-what-you-think way, and it really isn't typical of INTJs to have an above-average need for attention and positive reinforcement from others.

Last edited:

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
People use "narcissism" to mean all different things. If you're talking about Narcissistic Personality Disorder, it's characterized by caring a lot what other people think of you. The DSM symptoms (per Wikipedia) include "Expects constant attention, admiration and positive reinforcement from others."

INTJs have a tendency to be arrogant, but in more of a don't-care-what-you-think way, and it really isn't typical of INTJs to have an above-average need for attention and positive reinforcement from others.

Huh....well colour me a narcissist then.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In my own experiences, it seems like Se doms are pretty narcissistic.

I agree that Se doms seem that way, more than others too. But I also think that it's just because it's more obvious in an Se dom. That's all.

People use "narcissism" to mean all different things. If you're talking about Narcissistic Personality Disorder, it's characterized by caring a lot what other people think of you. The DSM symptoms (per Wikipedia) include "Expects constant attention, admiration and positive reinforcement from others."

According to that definition it's Fe doms

Narcissist:
1. a person who is overly self-involved, and often vain and selfish.
2. Psychoanalysis . a person who suffers from narcissism, deriving erotic gratification from admiration of his or her own physical or mental attributes.
3. an exceptional interest in or admiration for oneself, esp one's physical appearance
4. sexual satisfaction derived from contemplation of one's own physical or mental endowments

According to this definition it's Se doms

I don't know why...but I don't really think it's a bad thing to be narcissistic.

So what? Someone gets a little carried away with loving themselves. None of my business.

I think I have a problem more with the types of people that portray characteristics of the Narcissistic Personality Disorder. I don't mind attention whores, but I do mind when they affect me.

Example:

Someone interrupting me because the attention is taken off of them.

I find that to be petty.

R

Riva

The internal narcissism of intjs unmatched. It is sickeningly shocking infact. I have 3 close intj friends who are as polite, helpful and good hearted as it gets in any type I know and these good traits are usually known by their friends and acquantances; though they indicate no desire to let it be known. However 2 of those friends I mentioned have the habit of letting me know their internal thought patterns - due to the trust they have on me - by thinking out loud - which is an amazing experience by the way - and it shocks me to see how shockingly: thoughtful, structured, ETHICAL, insightful, planned and last but not least narcissistic they are about their intelligence. But thanks to their tormenting-ethical standards they seldom execute their arrogance on others.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds more like a extreme enneagram 3 type, I'd say it would best fit with unbalanced ETPs and EFJs, basically PeFe or FePe loops going by the DSM criteria.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sounds more like a extreme enneagram 3 type, I'd say it would best fit with unbalanced ETPs and EFJs, basically PeFe or FePe loops going by the DSM criteria.

I'm going with this for actual NPD, but if we're just going by how the term "narcissist" is used in slang to just call someone self-obsessed without requiring external input then I'm gonna say INTJ (theoretically). Ni+Fi can make them really into themselves. I've noticed a general pattern of Ni-doms carrying this sense that they're greater than everyone else; I'm not sure how much of that is related to Ni-dominance or if it's just what I've witnessed but I'm still going with INTJ. For the slang term with Enneagram, I'm gonna say 7 although some probably aren't even aware of it. Sometimes I just have this personal expectation that I'll get whatever I want without even realizing it until I start throwing a temper tantrum.

S

Stansmith

This is a good example of what I mean when I mention INTJs:

It's not overt or malicious, but it's really subtle. Then again, I'm probably just being sensitive.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Aww, that guy would be cute if he just shaved off the facial hair. :D

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm going with this for actual NPD, but if we're just going by how the term "narcissist" is used in slang to just call someone self-obsessed without requiring external input then I'm gonna say INTJ (theoretically). Ni+Fi can make them really into themselves. I've noticed a general pattern of Ni-doms carrying this sense that they're greater than everyone else; I'm not sure how much of that is related to Ni-dominance or if it's just what I've witnessed but I'm still going with INTJ. For the slang term with Enneagram, I'm gonna say 7 although some probably aren't even aware of it. Sometimes I just have this personal expectation that I'll get whatever I want without even realizing it until I start throwing a temper tantrum.

Do you notice this with all INJs or just the ones into typology, I ask this because the type descriptions for INJs are usually very flattering compared to their ISJ counterparts, this can lead to a form of type elitism. Are the INJs who are unaware of typology and their MBTI type like this too, maybe it has something to do with INJs viewing themselves as more perceptive than everyone else because they are usually focused on hidden meaning and depth based intuition. Now a lot of INJs usually are more perceptive when it comes to hidden meaning and viewing things from different conceptual vantage points but this can also lead to interpreting things that aren't there, hence the infamous Ni paranoid/conspiracy theory drivel that spews from unhealthy INJs.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Do you notice this with all INJs or just the ones into typology, I ask this because the type descriptions for INJs are usually very flattering compared to their ISJ counterparts, this can lead to a form of type elitism. Are the INJs who are unaware of typology and their MBTI type like this too, maybe it has something to do with INJs viewing themselves as more perceptive than everyone else because they are usually focused on hidden meaning and depth based intuition. Now a lot of INJs usually are more perceptive when it comes to hidden meaning and viewing things from different conceptual vantage points but this can also lead to interpreting things that aren't there, hence the infamous Ni paranoid/conspiracy theory drivel that spews from unhealthy INJs.

Unaware of typology for the most part; the ones I'm closer with had that sense of "elitism" before I tested them/typed them myself. I'm sure not all INJs have that elitist attitude but I wouldn't doubt your explanation for their pride in their depth of interpretation causing them to feel like they're in a greater position than everyone else. I remember the first time my INFJ friend got into a relationship he told me that he felt like his relationship was different/more meaningful than others' and it ended up just being because he was analyzing their interactions way too much. :laugh: You can bet he was met with a lot of eye-rolling from my end.

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Once in a blue moon, my narcissistic relative calls me a narcissist. Then my head just spins.
grinch-spinning-head-o.gif

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Trying to google for research, there's not much on MBTI and narcissism although this study was fun, with narcissism being somewhat correlated with N (and INTP being correlated to schizotypal). Still, it's a small study that used a sample of convenience, so may not mean much.

There's a bit more on Big Five and Narcissism. For example:

Of the offensive yet non-pathological personalities in the literature, three are especially prominent: Machiavellianism, subclinical narcissism, and subclinical psychopathy. We evaluated the recent contention that, in normal samples, this "Dark Triad" of constructs are one and the same. In a sample of 245 students, we measured the three constructs with standard measures and examined a variety of laboratory and self-report correlates. The measures were moderately inter-correlated, but certainly were not equivalent. Their only common Big Five correlate was disagreeableness. Subclinical psychopaths were distinguished by low neuroticism; Machiavellians, and psychopaths were low in conscientiousness; narcissism showed small positive associations with cognitive ability. Narcissists and, to a lesser extent, psychopaths exhibited self-enhancement on two objectively scored indexes. We conclude that the Dark Triad of personalities, as currently measured, are overlapping but distinct constructs.

So, translating sloppily to MBTI terms (danger: correlations of correlations don't mean a whole lot): all three of the dark triad correlate with "T" (low agreeableness), Machiavellians and psychopaths tend to be "P".

There was also a study that used HEXACO (which is kind of like a slightly re-jiggered Big 5 with an additional scale):

We investigated the relations of the “Dark Triad” personality traits—Psychopathy, Machiavellianism, and Narcissism—with the variables of the Five-Factor Model and the HEXACO model of personality structure. Results (N = 164) indicated that all three Dark Triad traits were strongly negatively correlated (rs = −0.72, −0.57, and −0.53, respectively) with the HEXACO Honesty–Humility factor. Psychopathy and Machiavellianism showed moderate negative correlations with Big Five Agreeableness (rs = −0.39 and −0.44, respectively), but Narcissism did not (r = −0.04). However, Narcissism correlated positively with Big Five Extraversion (r = 0.46) and HEXACO Extraversion (r = 0.49). Correlations among the Dark Triad variables were explained satisfactorily by the HEXACO variables, but not by the Five-Factor Model variables.

Here's a link to on online HEXACO test.

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe ESFPs, the occasional INTP and unhealthy INTJs... I know one INTJ who is extremely arrogant, but I know 2-3 others who are some of the best people I know.