User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 20 of 20

  1. #11
    Senior Member Robopop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    690

    Default

    Sounds more like a extreme enneagram 3 type, I'd say it would best fit with unbalanced ETPs and EFJs, basically PeFe or FePe loops going by the DSM criteria.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

    Johari Nohari

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    I think I'm making a thread now on the Most Schizotypal types.

    edit - http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...pal-types.html

  3. #13
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    Sounds more like a extreme enneagram 3 type, I'd say it would best fit with unbalanced ETPs and EFJs, basically PeFe or FePe loops going by the DSM criteria.
    I'm going with this for actual NPD, but if we're just going by how the term "narcissist" is used in slang to just call someone self-obsessed without requiring external input then I'm gonna say INTJ (theoretically). Ni+Fi can make them really into themselves. I've noticed a general pattern of Ni-doms carrying this sense that they're greater than everyone else; I'm not sure how much of that is related to Ni-dominance or if it's just what I've witnessed but I'm still going with INTJ. For the slang term with Enneagram, I'm gonna say 7 although some probably aren't even aware of it. Sometimes I just have this personal expectation that I'll get whatever I want without even realizing it until I start throwing a temper tantrum.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  4. #14
    Stansmith
    Guest

    Default

    This is a good example of what I mean when I mention INTJs:



    It's not overt or malicious, but it's really subtle. Then again, I'm probably just being sensitive.

  5. #15
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Aww, that guy would be cute if he just shaved off the facial hair.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  6. #16
    Senior Member Robopop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I'm going with this for actual NPD, but if we're just going by how the term "narcissist" is used in slang to just call someone self-obsessed without requiring external input then I'm gonna say INTJ (theoretically). Ni+Fi can make them really into themselves. I've noticed a general pattern of Ni-doms carrying this sense that they're greater than everyone else; I'm not sure how much of that is related to Ni-dominance or if it's just what I've witnessed but I'm still going with INTJ. For the slang term with Enneagram, I'm gonna say 7 although some probably aren't even aware of it. Sometimes I just have this personal expectation that I'll get whatever I want without even realizing it until I start throwing a temper tantrum.
    Do you notice this with all INJs or just the ones into typology, I ask this because the type descriptions for INJs are usually very flattering compared to their ISJ counterparts, this can lead to a form of type elitism. Are the INJs who are unaware of typology and their MBTI type like this too, maybe it has something to do with INJs viewing themselves as more perceptive than everyone else because they are usually focused on hidden meaning and depth based intuition. Now a lot of INJs usually are more perceptive when it comes to hidden meaning and viewing things from different conceptual vantage points but this can also lead to interpreting things that aren't there, hence the infamous Ni paranoid/conspiracy theory drivel that spews from unhealthy INJs.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

    Johari Nohari

  7. #17
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    Do you notice this with all INJs or just the ones into typology, I ask this because the type descriptions for INJs are usually very flattering compared to their ISJ counterparts, this can lead to a form of type elitism. Are the INJs who are unaware of typology and their MBTI type like this too, maybe it has something to do with INJs viewing themselves as more perceptive than everyone else because they are usually focused on hidden meaning and depth based intuition. Now a lot of INJs usually are more perceptive when it comes to hidden meaning and viewing things from different conceptual vantage points but this can also lead to interpreting things that aren't there, hence the infamous Ni paranoid/conspiracy theory drivel that spews from unhealthy INJs.
    Unaware of typology for the most part; the ones I'm closer with had that sense of "elitism" before I tested them/typed them myself. I'm sure not all INJs have that elitist attitude but I wouldn't doubt your explanation for their pride in their depth of interpretation causing them to feel like they're in a greater position than everyone else. I remember the first time my INFJ friend got into a relationship he told me that he felt like his relationship was different/more meaningful than others' and it ended up just being because he was analyzing their interactions way too much. You can bet he was met with a lot of eye-rolling from my end.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  8. #18
    Senior Member AzulEyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    649

    Default

    Once in a blue moon, my narcissistic relative calls me a narcissist. Then my head just spins.
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

    ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

  9. #19
    Vaguely Precise Seymour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so
    Posts
    1,565

    Default

    Trying to google for research, there's not much on MBTI and narcissism although this study was fun, with narcissism being somewhat correlated with N (and INTP being correlated to schizotypal). Still, it's a small study that used a sample of convenience, so may not mean much.

    There's a bit more on Big Five and Narcissism. For example:

    Of the offensive yet non-pathological personalities in the literature, three are especially prominent: Machiavellianism, subclinical narcissism, and subclinical psychopathy. We evaluated the recent contention that, in normal samples, this "Dark Triad" of constructs are one and the same. In a sample of 245 students, we measured the three constructs with standard measures and examined a variety of laboratory and self-report correlates. The measures were moderately inter-correlated, but certainly were not equivalent. Their only common Big Five correlate was disagreeableness. Subclinical psychopaths were distinguished by low neuroticism; Machiavellians, and psychopaths were low in conscientiousness; narcissism showed small positive associations with cognitive ability. Narcissists and, to a lesser extent, psychopaths exhibited self-enhancement on two objectively scored indexes. We conclude that the Dark Triad of personalities, as currently measured, are overlapping but distinct constructs.
    So, translating sloppily to MBTI terms (danger: correlations of correlations don't mean a whole lot): all three of the dark triad correlate with "T" (low agreeableness), Machiavellians and psychopaths tend to be "P".

    There was also a study that used HEXACO (which is kind of like a slightly re-jiggered Big 5 with an additional scale):

    We investigated the relations of the “Dark Triad” personality traits—Psychopathy, Machiavellianism, and Narcissism—with the variables of the Five-Factor Model and the HEXACO model of personality structure. Results (N = 164) indicated that all three Dark Triad traits were strongly negatively correlated (rs = −0.72, −0.57, and −0.53, respectively) with the HEXACO Honesty–Humility factor. Psychopathy and Machiavellianism showed moderate negative correlations with Big Five Agreeableness (rs = −0.39 and −0.44, respectively), but Narcissism did not (r = −0.04). However, Narcissism correlated positively with Big Five Extraversion (r = 0.46) and HEXACO Extraversion (r = 0.49). Correlations among the Dark Triad variables were explained satisfactorily by the HEXACO variables, but not by the Five-Factor Model variables.
    Here's a link to on online HEXACO test.

  10. #20
    Senior Member autumnandtherain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Maybe ESFPs, the occasional INTP and unhealthy INTJs... I know one INTJ who is extremely arrogant, but I know 2-3 others who are some of the best people I know.

Similar Threads

  1. What are the most "individualistic" types?
    By Kiddo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-22-2015, 11:02 PM
  2. Most stubborn type
    By kathara in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 11-20-2012, 09:54 PM
  3. What are the most "collectivistic" types?
    By Kiddo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2008, 03:08 PM
  4. Who is the most protective type?
    By kathara in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 11:59 PM
  5. What is the most paranoid type?
    By Kiddo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-12-2007, 07:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO