User Tag List

123 Last

Default How does my archetypes theory compare with the MBTI?

http://kimanishorter.tripod.com/id1.html

Someone on another forum said that it's better than the MBTI because MBTI is too environmentally sensitive to give stable resuts.

The Charmers are all going to be extraverted types. They are entjs, estjs and estps. The Professionals are enfjs, esfjs, esfps, isfps and isfjs. The Designers are intps istjs, intjs and istps.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Archetypes cant be linked to typology, unless you redefine the word archetype and well then there is no other reason to use the word archetype other than to get some attention.

People who cant answer the question honestly(either try to lie or dont know themselves enough to answer truthfully) or have some biases evoked by current life situation might get false answers from tests(especially from the crap ones you get for free), that doesent mean that the system itself would be effected by environmental factors or that its somehow flawed. The truth is that you cant make a questionnaire that wouldnt be affected by those factors.
    The person who ever said the thing at op clearly doesent understand the most basic thing of MBTI, MBTI does not give results for type, it only suggests a type based on how you answer the questions and even all the numbers for each letter only means a possibility of that letter being correct based on how you answered. Finding the best fit type with a professional is where the type is determined(if it can).

I think the word you are looking for is temperament sorter, not archetype whatever.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

I know that individual archetypes can't be linked to typology. You are right to an extent. I'm not linking archetypes individually to a typology. I'm combining them to create my typology. I'm saying that when they are combined like this they create personality types or are equivalent to personality types.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I love archetypes and like the idea of relating them to typology, and it's interesting to link them with disorders. It's also interesting to make mirrored pairs. The overall purpose of the system being illuminating societal roles seems relevant, but yielding only 3 possible results makes it quite simplistic and I am not sure very useful. I also am not sure of the titles. Clearly I would be a "Professional" by your system, but I don't really relate at all in that capacity to that title. I think my mom and boyfriend would be Professionals as well, and my father and brother Designers, which I feel like is probably a slightly more applicable title, and my brother's best friend would be a Charmer, which also seems more applicable. But now what do I do with that information?

Well you can use the career counseling section to find a suitable ideal career for yourself. I've also been told it would be good for cognitive behavioral therapy.

I've spoken with a social worker who wanted to use my idea on her emotionally disturbed population as a career counseling tool. I'm currently in talks with another social worker who said she is going to help me get this patented and standardized.

The Professional is called that because they are all about catering and conforming to other peoples needs. They are professional.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Kimani View Post
    Well you can use the career counseling section to find a suitable ideal career for yourself. I've also been told it would be good for cognitive behavioral therapy.

I've spoken with a social worker who wanted to use my idea on her emotionally disturbed population as a career counseling tool. I'm currently in talks with another social worker who said she is going to help me get this patented and standardized.
    Well, I'm glad if you can find some application for it.

It seems much like the Holland Codes, though, with Social/Helpers and Professionals correlating, Thinkers/Investigators and Designers correlating, and Persuaders/Enterprising and Charmers correlating.

I don't mean to knock your theory. But I think you have something more interesting going with the archetypes in the CBT/DSM diagnosis area than in the career counseling area.

More feedback please. I want to see what others on here have to say....

http://personalitycafe.com/general-p...ity-types.html

"There's a lot of stuff out there like this. In some ways the approach might be a better method of categorizing than MBTI type codes but this is so adjectival I think it would be hard to standardize or apply across cultures.

Well I think recognizing the archetypes and their influences on a person is a good start. John Beebe does this by wrapping the functions in archetypes. It also doesn't create the, often misleading judging/perceiving dichotomy that often gets so overinflated when people talk about type."

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    6 sx

I find this very interesting, and you said there are many theories like this out there ? I haven't read any of these "archetype" theories before, but yes very interesting, I'd be interested in hearing more specific examples of how these archetypes manifest.