User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    6 sx

@INTP So do you not think then that "archetypes" can correlate with any kind of behavior at all ? Atleast long term behavior ? Because you think archetypes can take so many forms , and that people shift between archetypes so rapidly ?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticbrain View Post
    INTP So do you not think then that "archetypes" can correlate with any kind of behavior at all ? Atleast long term behavior ? Because you think archetypes can take so many forms , and that people shift between archetypes so rapidly ?
    This is the jungian model of the psyche:

Archetypes are the foundation of the whole psyche, as i mentioned all of the complexes have roots in archetypes and complexes are what is guiding your consciousness.

Its not that archetype correlates with behavior(as you should had figured out from what i already said), its that archetypes are the foundation of complexes and complexes are the foundation of consciousness and all non instinctual behavior comes from consciousness. Its more like that archetype is the overall theme of a movie, complexes are what led to the current situation and consciousness is what ever is experienced at the moment.

Here is a definition of archetype from one article on journal of analytical psychology:
    Archetypal Themes in Depression
    ROBERT F. HOBSON

Archetypes are understood to be the typical forms in which all experience is patterned, organized, and progressively integrated, and hence cannot be adequately described apart from the "matter" in which they are observed. Jung's differentiation of personal unconscious from collective unconscious and of reductive from synthetic analysis, is not taken to imply an absolute distinction, but to refer to different modes of description and treatment of psychological material, which special reference to either "personal" history or to "collective" forms. Individual archetypal themes are clear in certain abnormal states and particular phases of development as, for example, in some phantasies of psychotics and young children, but are most easily served in mythology. Hence, Jung has used the study of myths to amplify, understand and modify developmental processes in patients. It is important to remember, however that the myth is a complex image and is not synonymous with the archetype, by which is meant the form and not the particular contents of the image. This form is most usefully conceived, not as a static pattern, but as a progressive theme and it is the tendency to develop experience in universally typical forms which is considered to be innate.
    Its quite annoying to explain all of this to you guys because it feels like trying to teach statistical math to someone who doesent know the basic math like adding numbers together or multiplying them :/ . Its incredibly frustrating and all i can say is that you should read some books.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

I have updated the content on my site in response to someone on another forum saying they wanted more in depth analysis.

http://kimanishorter.tripod.com/id1.html