User Tag List

12 Last

Stansmith

Default What does it really mean to be Fi-dom?

Are your values always set? Are you always conscious of them? Have they always been moral or altruistic? Have you ever lost sight of them while indulging in your Pe function? How often are they triggered in your day-to-day life?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

From my perspective it looks like everything just gets filtered through fi first and ne begins to churn it around when needed... Then a lil bit of si
    For infp anyway

Where as an enfp ne just takes things in and bounces them around in the lil be funhouse... For fun for as long as it wants... And only uses fi when a decision needs to be made. It's like okay kids calm down and then the parent aspect comes in tells you what to do and how you really feel about it etc sometimes they remind you of things in the past or something they read or heard etc and then sweet lil soft hearted mom takes action or makes statements and if people don't pay attention to her then your no nonsense dad aspect comes in and lays it out in a very clear decisive voice that won't be misunderstood or ignored. Then the kids go back to playing. Haha

Okay that makes me sound crazy and wasn't about fi doms much shit.

Sec ill ask the infp.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Okay he said that you have all of these idealistic expectations of the world and of people and are constantly let down and disappointed in reality and that's why infps are so depressed all the time.

Well that sucks.

Stansmith

@Lady X

So essentially, IFPs are selective, as well as judgmental towards the information received by the perceiving function, while EFPs go along with the flow of it, so to speak.

EFP - ooo, shiny!

IFP - Its shiny, but it's not as shiny as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Are your values always set? Are you always conscious of them? Have they always been moral or altruistic? Have you ever lost sight of them while indulging in your Pe function? How often are they triggered in your day-to-day life?
    I'm not sure if my values are always set. Like, I used to think I was anti-death penalty until I realized that I'm not actually sure about my position on that issue.
    I'm definitely not always conscious about my values; I usually can't articulate them off the top of my head. It's much easier for me to express what they are when they've actually been triggered by a particular situation.
    I think my values are generally moral and altruistic but I'm a moderately self-serving person to say the truth. I try my best not to step on other people's toes while serving my own agenda though. I'm not powered by any sort of universal love of man or expectations of what humanity should be like or anything; I'm touched more by ordinary, everyday things, I guess.

I don't think indulging in Pe makes me lose sight of my values. It might lead to transgressions of those values if taken too far, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be conscious that I was stepping out of line.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    @Lady X

So essentially, IFPs are selective, as well as judgmental towards the information received by the perceiving function, while EFPs go along with the flow of it, so to speak.

EFP - ooo, shiny!

IFP - Its shiny, but it's not as shiny as it should be.
    Um no not really that at all. I wasn't very clear sorry.

All I can really do here is contrast what I see as the difference.

I would even say that my values as fi aux seem more rigid than his.

He seems way more sensitive because everything gets filtered through the self and personalized first. I can hear the words and let them linger in idea land and then filter through fi to get to the essence.

I can also say things I don't mean or put my foot in my mouth or say stupid shit a whole lot more if I just spit them out immediately before processing it. Which I often do. I do it all the time in here. I'm sorry.

But... Oooh look shiny? That feels wrong. But maybe it's right. I'm constantly being driven towards stimulation. Constantly ( or often) residing" out there. "

Infps on the other hand seem to be constantly living "in there. " deep dark in the woods with magical lovely tragic things and its very dark and twisty and maniacal.

I'm just going to stop sorry. I'm not explaining anything right. Ill think first and come back.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

it means you gonna be a coke ass ni*** smokin hooka out the anus of a dead cat.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Okay he said that you have all of these idealistic expectations of the world and of people and are constantly let down and disappointed in reality and that's why infps are so depressed all the time.

Well that sucks.
    It can, but at the same time they are only victims of their expectations. Not that I am trying to pick on INFP's here, but that particular explanation demonstrates a rather naive approach to the world; you have to impose and act in some way, not just expect.

Having said that, though, I quite like that idealism because sometimes it can be just the right fuel to change an aspect of the world.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    And that's why ISFP's are cynical

@Stansmith

From what I've gathered, Fi - dom means: the person experiences things emotionally.

Example:

An ISFP's headlight on their car goes out, in the rain, and there's no store open to buy a new one. It's an emotional experience.

Everything is an emotional experience.

Words have more meaning to Fi doms. (There are actual emotions attached to words.)

Experiences have more feelings involved to Fi doms.(Just like when an Si-dom tastes brocolli...they either experience the sensory taste as how they subjectively remember it or not. It either tastes like they remember or tastes different this time, maybe even less favorable)

Example:

If you say the word ignorant(insert any word that attacks a value) to an Fi-dom (whether you're calling them that, or just simply saying that word) they're going to have an emotional reaction to it.

They have a subjective definition of what that word means. Which if they don't like it, it triggers negative emotion, if they don't mind it, they don't notice, and carry on with convo.

If you mention a name of a person they don't like they may have an emotional reaction.

Most of the time they will try to hide this reaction though, hence the word introverted feeling.

They feel the feeling of negative emotion because it's not fitting into what their subjective world has defined as moral, good, just, positive, favorable, etc...

This is why @DJ Arendee looks like a psychopath to them. (lol)

He uses words that have meaning like the word ni*** as used above.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    it means you gonna be a coke ass ni*** smokin hooka out the anus of a dead cat.
    Yeah pretty much