User Tag List

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Default Locus of Control

Queendom.com: Tests, Tests, Tests and more Tests, The biggest testing center in the world with personality, intelligence, relationship, career and mental health related tests.

Snapshot Report
    Success Orientation

You have a fairly internal attribution style when it comes to success. You tend to interpret your success as a result of your skills, intelligence, nice personality etc., rarely attributing it to external forces. As a result, you are able to accept the credit you deserve. Your self-esteem, motivation and general well-being certainly benefit from this orientation
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

Snapshot Report
    Success Orientation

You have a fairly internal attribution style when it comes to success. Mostly, you interpret your success as a result of your skills, intelligence, nice personality etc. although you might think it takes a bit of luck as well. As a result, you are usually able to accept the credit you deserve. Your self-esteem, motivation and general well-being certainly benefit from this orientation.
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    INTP

You have a fairly internal attribution style when it comes to success. You tend to interpret your success as a result of your skills, intelligence, nice personality etc., rarely attributing it to external forces. As a result, you are able to accept the credit you deserve. Your self-esteem, motivation and general well-being certainly benefit from this orientation.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Success Orientation: 78

You have a fairly internal attribution style when it comes to success. Mostly, you interpret your success as a result of your skills, intelligence, nice personality etc. although you might think it takes a bit of luck as well. As a result, you are usually able to accept the credit you deserve. Your self-esteem, motivation and general well-being certainly benefit from this orientation.

MBTI
    INTP

...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

My wife often talks about "locus of control". Mine seems to be pretty external, while hers is internal. Since the APS test she uses has an area called "Control" (from the FIRO system), we wondered if that might be connected. But it doesn't seem like it.

What just occurred to me is that it might be tied to perception. After all, it is where you perceive control over your life originates. So she's an SJ. Si=internal perception; hence internal locus of control. I'm an NP=Ne, external perception; external locus of control.

But I see here that there is one of those online tests for it, that INTP's are generally coming out with higher internal locus. (Some, "takes a bit of luck as well"). Have to ttry this one when I get a chance.
    So what function would you think is tied in with locus of control; if it is related to type at all?
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

i once heard a pretty famous strength coach (for like olympic athletes) say that he noticed a high correlation between people who just HAD to listen to music WHILE they worked out and having externally motivated personalities. ...then again, hes no psychologist....and he really was just answering a question about if he lets his athletes listen to music when working out.

NOTE: not the same thing as saying extroverts are externally motivated personalities. not the same thing as saying anyone who occasionally listens to music when they work out is some sort of extrovertedly motivated person.

I can definitely say that after working out with music for about a year, and then no music for about 6 months...i like no music (much better focus, and i really dont NEED the music to motivate me).

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

I find it hard to link locus of control to specific types, eventhough I can understand some types to be more prone to one form or another.
    Locus of control is, I believe, not a talent, though, it is an attitude and an attitude that can be taken by anyone who wants to. It does take quite some dicipline, though...
    My reference point for locus of control is Stephen Covey's discussion of the circle of influence.
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas