• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I the only male INFJ on the forum right now?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's good to be passionate about something.

I think a lot of the MBTI enthusiasts-even yourself-get really stuck on stereotypes thiugh.

I get very tired of the " You aren't an ENTJ you don't pick fights over every stupid thing said on the internet!" Or " You're too adaptable"

It's called growing the hell up. We should all want to strengthen our weaknesses but MBTI leaves no room for growth. We call that "your typed wrong.

You vibe ENTJ to me. Vibes mean nothing but I think there's a strong underlying morality you have that is very personal and not necessarily dictated by external, societal morality--it comes out when others hit a soft spot for you in debates and discussions. Seems characteristic of inferior Fi.

Forever has a matter-of-fact way of addressing others' types; I've noticed this as a softened bluntness with INFJs when they type others. Whether they're right or wrong it can be jarring to others to have the INFJ so bluntly say "no, you think you are this, but I see that"

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Haha feeling other people's feelings for the longest time made me terrible at understanding myself at times. Perhaps there are more around me that I cannot see very well. I'm sure I passed by one but to recognize one is another matter.

What probably makes an NJ difficult to uncover is that academia is a very ennea 6 way of learning. Format and structure, cite and source. I've seen little difference of opinions. I often give different perspectives and sometimes to the annoyance of my teacher because I seem to be extrapolating or guessing on little data which is bad bad for education lol also makes me hate multiple choice tests but love free response. Everyone who doesn't abide by the standards or principles of teaching is either regarded as dumb or obnoxious in an unsaid way. Making those who are iconoclastic or individualistic hide in silence only making you guess by what clothes they wear if conversation doesn't take place seriously. I tend to outdress most people though haha. Which I kind of wish more people would stop wearing plain clothes and start expressing themselves more but not everyone cares about that which isn't a biggie but whatever. (And of course not all 6's are academic focused either)

Well fortunate for you to meet that many.

Well you're not alone in this.

I hated education as a child mainly for this same reason. Repetition is at the heart of learning but it's different kinds of repetition, not just the munch-regurgitation-munch cycle.

You can leap or connect different entities of knowledge and while you do need to have absorbed those entitites to make use of them (unconsciously or otherwise) just stopping at the absorbtion in order to present the right factual attainment was always.....incredibly dissatisfying . So I acted up and out and eventually round.....to the outside of the classroom.

These days I'm more balanced and would probably benefit to an extent from some rote memorisation. I just found it so hard when I was younger, I needed more meaning than the approval of the authority figure.

Minor point about how people dress, as an aside, I understand how difference of appearence can affect both how you interact with others and how they interact with you, therefore the change of hair or style of dress does indeed change a person because they believe in it's difference and this is affirmed by those who recognise it.

And as an expression of individual likes, drives, themes, psychologies etc...I can see how that works, but it's difficult not to see what is a visual appeal, which is (in part) designed to be noticed by those using vision as something done for others as well as for the self.

Because of this it also does risk the dreaded underwater mine of being seen as superficial or actually being superficial. A girl at 6th form used to buy garish clothes from charity shops and dye her hair a different colour each week yet protest whenever people pointed this out. An unintegrated paradox lay at the heart of this, I think, and she wanted attention, but only on her terms, yet didn't understand that she lives in a world of relations to other things living or not and you cannot exist in a vacuum where you get to choose the opinions you hear. Unless of course you lean towards some form of authoritarian regime.

Which could be the ultimate irony of the unbalanced individualist, particularly those who rely upon trickery of appearence.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not finding any Fi types disagreeing and agreeing which race is better for them and having moral differences on their treatment here. Lol or people saying bullying is acceptable because it's ok to do it whenever they feel like it.

Lack of social manners isn't an Fi value itself. It's just a lack of awareness or refusal of Fe living. Which an Fe user can obviously ignore within themselves...
This is one reason I think it can be difficult to determine type by external observations sometimes. It can be part of someone's internal moral framework to treat others a certain way. The motivation to be kind or polite to someone can be internal or external, or some of both. Also, I've recently been noticing more just how much people tend to copy their mother's social style - or someone else who helped shape them during their development. I live with someone I think is probably ENFP, but he sometimes does social niceties to a greater extreme than me. He actually states that he values social politeness and nicety. His mother is an ESFJ and he is influenced by that. So, we can have an environmental overlay of one function on top of another - even when the functions are introverted this can happen. It can take a lot to dig deep enough to actually get at the motivation behind the behavior.

Also, the two endpoints of defining Fi and Fe are not entirely realistic. Is it even possible for someone to only connect to morality externally? To have no inner moral framework? Is it possible for people to have zero connection to the outside world and not care in the slightest what is going on between other people - or how people react to them? The discussion about Fi never impacting the external social environment is at odds with the discussions about Fi activism. I remember a thread in which many Fi users defended the fact that Fi-doms can be leaders and care about activism.

It also seems strange to me to say, "Oh that person is polite, they must use Fe". My mother is an ISFP (very ISFP), and she has a cheerful, polite way of being. She cares about other people, especially children and animals, but she also has an internal distance and doesn't need people. She has plenty of empathy, but it is different from Fe. I learned a lot of my social style from her. I grew up with Fi-doms, and later in life my MILs have been SFJs, and so I can see the difference, but I've also seen both be polite and empathetic.

I find the distinctions confusing also because I've seen both functions perform many of the same behaviors. I've seen both be invested in controlling what others think, but I would say there is a little more inclination for controlling versions of Fi to impose control over others' thinking and controlling Fe to impose on others' behavior. I've also seen both make assumptions about other people based on their own experience and preferences. I've seen both value their own feelings and needs over others or be giving at personal cost. I've seen both be intrusive in different ways (although manner of intrusion is a good measure of it because that tends to be the most different between the two functions - one is intrusion into thought the other onto behavior). I've also seen both types be manipulative and play games, although I have noticed some difference there as well - Fi manipulates thinking while Fe manipulates behavior, but sometimes that behavior is tied to an internal state and sometimes thinking influences behavior, so that distinction can be blurred as well. I've also seen both types be entirely non-manipulative.

The differences are easy to grasp in theory, but in application there is a tremendous amount of complexity.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't mean anything by it in particular, I've just been having several people say they think I'm ENTP, and I compared myself to some NTPs and I can see the similarities.

It's just strange thinking I may be an extrovert after all.

(though I get the feeling you may be picking up on my negative emotions about something totally unrelated)

I believed you were ENTP as well. Oh don't worry about it.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I believed you were ENTP as well. Oh don't worry about it.

It feels awkward to me getting my type wrong and going around saying I am some other type, but it's not the first time that has happened. (I used to say I was ISTJ)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It feels awkward to me getting my type wrong and going around saying I am some other type, but it's not the first time that has happened. (I used to say I was ISTJ)

on this forum I have claimed to be an enfp, isfp (which this one I was definitely denied for lol) and intj

Don't worry typing is difficult due to that they're also preferences