User Tag List

123 Last

Stansmith

Default Ne-users; to what extent do you notice body language?

I've always been highly sensitive to body language and facial gestures, including my own. However, whenever I tell my ENFP therapist about a certain physical 'vibe' or presence I give off (mincing and standoffish), he never seems to not notice what I'm talking about, or even the importance in it, when to me its incredibly obvious. When I mention physical vibes or reaction I get from other people, he always seems perplexed by the concept, although he naturally tries to put himself in my shoes somewhat with his Ne.

I gain more information from the subtlest muscle movements, twitches, glances, etc. than anything from words really. But most of the time I feel like I'm absorbing the thing (thing? human interaction) energetically if that makes sense...

Enneagram

Se users are very observant in a way I'll never be. My dad is an ESTP, and he is very good at sizing people up based on physical observation. He's not very sensitive about some things, but he's good at that. My mom, an ENFJ, likes to think she has amazing people-watching skills, but I've found that my dad's much more observant, even if his interaction skills are pretty so-so.

I pay a lot of attention to faces, and expressions, but I've noticed that I have a hard time taking in people's physicality as a whole. I tend to hyperfocus on small things, and my Ne uses that as a jumping off point. I'm also often lost in own little world, so I miss a lot of things.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Se users are very observant in a way I'll never be. My dad is an ESTP, and he is very good at sizing people up based on physical observation. He's not very sensitive about some things, but he's good at that. My mom, an ENFJ, likes to think she has amazing people-watching skills, but I've found that my dad's much more observant, even if his interaction skills are pretty so-so.

I pay a lot of attention to faces, and expressions, but I've noticed that I have a hard time taking in people's physicality as a whole. I tend to hyperfocus on small things, and my Ne uses that as a jumping off point. I'm also often lost in own little world, so I miss a lot of things.
    I'm very much the same. Especially the bolded part.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    My mom, an ENFJ, likes to think she has amazing people-watching skills, but I've found that my dad's much more observant, even if his interaction skills are pretty so-so.
    ^This surprises me...but that's based solely on my own experience and not necessarily any kind of 'known expected findings' ha. My Mom...can know deeply and form lasting bonds with an entire crowd of people without speaking to a single one of 'em... in your average visit to Starbucks or someplace like that. It's so weird and weirder still when she interrupts someone she knows *in reality* to empathize with/comment on something having to do with one of her 'new bffs' <-and I'm not talking gossip..I'm talking empathizing with the details of a stranger's life (details she should not necessarily know.) I hate going places with her. And speaking of instinctual variant I think ^^this is very ENFJ so-dom. What do you think your Mom is?

^^I attribute this to being highly sensitive and so I create a tunnel vision of sorts. The more comfortable I am the more I can take in.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

I used to be very oblivious to it, now I'm making a conscious effort to read social cues/body language. You know that test going round the nets where you can judge a person's emotion through their eyes? I did OK, 25/36, but the ones that I missed were all to do with flirting. Desire, flirtation, and fantasizing... man, there's a sign if I ever needed one
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

i know that i give more importance to voice tone, body movements, eye movements etc than to words. also, this is why i'm not a big fan of Facebook, chats or any kind of non-visual / non-auditory communication system. this forum included....i feel kinda frustrated that i can't express myself fully.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Not much. I have a hard time determining how people are feeling about things.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    Not much. I have a hard time determining how people are feeling about things.
    Same. If I can't tell by their tone, I probably won't be able to tell at all. I pay very poor attention to detail, so it's hard enough for me to discern the nuance in their actions, let alone process in real-time and form an opinion about how they're responding physically.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I get an overall vibe of a person that includes body language. I am pretty decent with that. But I am not very keen on the exacts. I laughed today when my ESFP friend told me my eyebrows looked especially good today. I have eyebrows? Oh, yeah, I do!

I am surprised that an NF counselor doesn't do vibe. Funny.