User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which type is best at generating ideas?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

1 7.14%
  • INFP

0 0%
  • INTJ

1 7.14%
  • INFJ

1 7.14%
  • ENTP

4 28.57%
  • ENFP

4 28.57%
  • ENTJ

2 14.29%
  • ENFJ

0 0%
  • ISTP

0 0%
  • ISFP

0 0%
  • ISTJ

0 0%
  • ISFJ

0 0%
  • ESTP

1 7.14%
  • ESFP

0 0%
  • ESTJ

0 0%
  • ESFJ

0 0%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Ne doms. Because the poll is one choice only, i cant vote :/
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Okay, so Ne's are best at generating more ideas that are better connected to other contexts, whereas Ni's are better at developing their own inner visions and can hyper-focus those thoughts. Ne pretty much sounds like a web, and Ni more like an illumination.

*Question for everyone: how would Ni and Ne play out for those who have them auxilary rather than dominant (INP, ENJ); would they be better or worse at generating ideas than the N-doms?
    Ne is somewhat related to the real world, Ni is simply delusional with no real connections to the actual world we live in(less so in INFJs than INTJs because INFJs use Ti to analyze the ideas, while INTJs just take one bit of Te info and make conclusions about that till there is no T left in the thought process).

I think Ne aux does limit the amount of ideas produced, but also increases the time used to analyze the idea.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    I don't think there's anything inherently more complex about Ni than Ne. They're just the two ways that intuition can be utilized. More original... perhaps. They're very individualized.

N-auxs use Ne/Ni data to help with coming to conclusions about whatever it is. The N-doms use aux-J to structure their perceptions.

N-doms would be better at idea generation because that's their default state - to simply perceive rather than to judge. I think for N-doms, their intuition is an end in itself, whereas for the aux-Ns, it's a means to draw conclusions from.
    yeah...it's crazy how much i've experienced the truth of this.

i think ne doms could make a lot of people very wealthy if they were handed jobs that just consisted of them sitting in rooms coming up with ideas all day long.

i really really want that job...just some company needs to hire me that has a bunch of different divisions and they can just come in give me coffee and tell me what they need. in like one or two words and let me get back to them with like 10 sort of half thought out ideas....then let me run away with one or two that they narrow it down to...that would be so fun for me...

but...rex is right that it really depends on the direction of the project...or what the need is...i can think of lots of ways esfjs would contribute to the process that i would fail at...and intjs...or estps or infj etc etc

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

No one has taken the throne from ESTP yet. All I hear is fart noises.

Enneagram
    9w8

What?

All right, Nerf Guy, @DJ Arendee I have more ideas that a crocodile has teeth and the scary part is that I carry most of them through, well, not the illegal ones. I did come up with an idea for making apple moonshine but decided it wasn't worth the risk, at least not presently.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    What?

All right, Nerf Guy, @DJ Arendee I have more ideas that a crocodile has teeth and the scary part is that I carry most of them through, well, not the illegal ones. I did come up with an idea for making apple moonshine but decided it wasn't worth the risk, at least not presently.
    Do you even have a type? let alone any friends? does anyone like you? Do you matter?

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Do you even have a type? let alone any friends? does anyone like you? Do you matter?

Who me? Nope. No type. It has been debated whether or not I was human, mostly by my parents.

Friends?

Aw, who needs them? I'm entertaining all by myself, but they keep following me around anyway. [does it count if they have four legs and tongues that won't stay in their mouths?] I would say it was my wonderful personality, but it's probably the roast beef in my purse.

Is this a challenge? I LOVE a challenge. I grin like the Joker when I get a challenge! [does the Joker have a type? Does he matter?]

Do I matter? Only when you're a passenger in the backseat of my car and then I'm pretty important.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    What?

Apple moonshine?! So cool!

And I just want to applaud you on carrying through most of your ideas! Completely impressive. I carry out like 1% of mine, and envy people who do more.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Apple moonshine?! So cool!

And I just want to applaud you on carrying through most of your ideas! Completely impressive. I carry out like 1% of mine, and envy people who do more.
    Well, I don't carry through with all of them; that' s probably a good thing. But thank you.