User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Default Do aux feelers trust their 3rd function more than aux thinking types?

Do you think aux Feelers are more comfortable relying on their child thinking function than aux thinkers would be trusting their child feeling function? In case it isn’t obvious I think it’s pretty rare for a feeling or thinking dom to ever be more comfortable using their least developed functions. It’s like comparing an INFP to an ESTJ and asking if the INFP was more comfortable using Te than the ESTJ using Fi. They would pretty much experience equal amounts of discomfort. Not only is it their least developed function but it’s also the opposite direction of their E and I preferences. What I’m talking about is more of an INFJ, INTJ comparison. Looking at tertiary or child Ti in an INFJ vs Fi in an INTJ would you say the INFJ is likely to trust Ti more so than the INTJ would be to trust Fi? Ti and Fi respectively sharing their types dom orientation. You could do the same comparisons with an ISFJ and an ISTJ.
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I trust Ti probably more than other functions. I think it is true for very introverted IFJs. There are a lot of environmental influences to trust T over F. I trust it in part because I've interacted with T doms so much for two dozens years. I also trust it because it is better at navigating the Ni expanse. It can break it down into more comprehensible parts and tether it from its extremes.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I feel really comfortable with my Te. I wouldn't say I trust it as much as I trust Fi, but I feel competent and rely on it often.

I'm kind of using my other functions as a gauge to answer this question. Like, obviously, I can feel the strength of Ne. I'm very in-tune with Fi, but feel Te strongly. I feel like it's much closer on the "do you trust me?" continuum to Fi than to Si. Si is like dead to me lol.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Infinite Bubble

Not really. More likely if they're male.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I always thought that types have strong terts if they are strongly introverted or extroverted.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Stansmith

Most EFPs love Te, and INFJs are definitely in touch with their Ti. On the other hand, Female ISFJs don't seem to use Ti much. I've seen my mom use it cleverly sometimes, but Fe is definitely her comfort zone.

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    Not really. More likely if they're male.
    Funny you should say that becaus I think I am way more comfortable using Ti than my INTJ bf is using Fi.
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

Infinite Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by iNtrovert View Post
    Funny you should say that becaus I think I am way more comfortable using Ti than my INTJ bf is using Fi.
    I made a mistake with my last post.

My opinion is that generally no, people of all types think the way that is natural for them, and I don't see why the tertiary in one type would be different in essence from the tertiary in another. Why would an INFJ, almost on default, trust their Ti more than an INTJ trusts their Fi? Do they somehow distrust Fe slightly more than an INTJ would with their Te, even though it's auxiliary? Also, almost all the INFJs I've seen here seem to think they've got developed Ti, almost downplaying the role of Fe - why is that?

That being said, social conditioning might make Tert-F females trust their tertiary more, and Tert-T males to trust their tertiary more. But it's not necessarily that they "trust" the function more, but they put on a front instead.

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    I made a mistake with my last post.

My opinion is that generally no, people of all types think the way that is natural for them, and I don't see why the tertiary in one type would be different in essence from the tertiary in another. Why would an INFJ, almost on default, trust their Ti more than an INTJ trusts their Fi? Do they somehow distrust Fe slightly more than an INTJ would with their Te, even though it's auxiliary? Also, almost all the INFJs I've seen here seem to think they've got developed Ti, almost downplaying the role of Fe - why is that?

That being said, social conditioning might make Tert-F females trust their tertiary more, and Tert-T males to trust their tertiary more. But it's not necessarily that they "trust" the function more, but they put on a front instead.
    I think it does have a lot do with social conditioning (gender roles and what not). I guess I just feel like Fe doesn't clash as much with Ti as Te does with Fi. From my understanding Ti is a more subjective thinking function and Fe is a more objective feeling function. In INTJs it feels like their aux functions are two extremes Te being very objective and Fi being a very subjective Feeling function

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I think the social conditioning part is true. My mom (ESFJ) is a teacher and my dad (INTP) is a doctor, and I was brought up to value education and with both parents really encouraging T usage, my dad especially demonstrating/cultivating it in me. I was always pretty swift and confident in engaging Te. My ISFJ boyfriend is very strong with his Ti, though I think he seems to use it more constantly (which may be the background nature of the introverted function versus the PRN nature of the extraverted function).

I see what you are saying with the subjective-objective Ti and objective-subjective Fe versus objective-objective Te and subjective-subjective Fi, but in my life it feels like the two fit in very nicely together and do not clash. They're just totally different domains. Good Te usage helps Fi usage translate into external result and good Fi usage helps provide Te usage with underlying internal structure.

I think what you may also be seeing is the more "holistic" nature of Fs versus the more "compartmentalized" nature of Ts. In general Fs will tend to talk about and emphasize something valuable to them while Ts are more likely just to use it and to demonstrate their fondness/appreciation through trusting it to be useful. So Ts are probably less likely to talk about their F and more likely just to use it. I think Fs also tend to want more holistic integration, as well as tending to see those functions as part of their identity, and so have a tendency to desire to be someone who uses T well more than Ts may care, especially male Ts.