• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do aux feelers trust their 3rd function more than aux thinking types?

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do you think aux Feelers are more comfortable relying on their child thinking function than aux thinkers would be trusting their child feeling function? In case it isn’t obvious I think it’s pretty rare for a feeling or thinking dom to ever be more comfortable using their least developed functions. It’s like comparing an INFP to an ESTJ and asking if the INFP was more comfortable using Te than the ESTJ using Fi. They would pretty much experience equal amounts of discomfort. Not only is it their least developed function but it’s also the opposite direction of their E and I preferences. What I’m talking about is more of an INFJ, INTJ comparison. Looking at tertiary or child Ti in an INFJ vs Fi in an INTJ would you say the INFJ is likely to trust Ti more so than the INTJ would be to trust Fi? Ti and Fi respectively sharing their types dom orientation. You could do the same comparisons with an ISFJ and an ISTJ.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I trust Ti probably more than other functions. I think it is true for very introverted IFJs. There are a lot of environmental influences to trust T over F. I trust it in part because I've interacted with T doms so much for two dozens years. I also trust it because it is better at navigating the Ni expanse. It can break it down into more comprehensible parts and tether it from its extremes.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel really comfortable with my Te. I wouldn't say I trust it as much as I trust Fi, but I feel competent and rely on it often.

I'm kind of using my other functions as a gauge to answer this question. Like, obviously, I can feel the strength of Ne. I'm very in-tune with Fi, but feel Te strongly. I feel like it's much closer on the "do you trust me?" continuum to Fi than to Si. Si is like dead to me lol.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always thought that types have strong terts if they are strongly introverted or extroverted.

S

Stansmith

Most EFPs love Te, and INFJs are definitely in touch with their Ti. On the other hand, Female ISFJs don't seem to use Ti much. I've seen my mom use it cleverly sometimes, but Fe is definitely her comfort zone.

I

Infinite Bubble

Funny you should say that becaus I think I am way more comfortable using Ti than my INTJ bf is using Fi.

I made a mistake with my last post.

My opinion is that generally no, people of all types think the way that is natural for them, and I don't see why the tertiary in one type would be different in essence from the tertiary in another. Why would an INFJ, almost on default, trust their Ti more than an INTJ trusts their Fi? Do they somehow distrust Fe slightly more than an INTJ would with their Te, even though it's auxiliary? Also, almost all the INFJs I've seen here seem to think they've got developed Ti, almost downplaying the role of Fe - why is that?

That being said, social conditioning might make Tert-F females trust their tertiary more, and Tert-T males to trust their tertiary more. But it's not necessarily that they "trust" the function more, but they put on a front instead.

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I made a mistake with my last post.

My opinion is that generally no, people of all types think the way that is natural for them, and I don't see why the tertiary in one type would be different in essence from the tertiary in another. Why would an INFJ, almost on default, trust their Ti more than an INTJ trusts their Fi? Do they somehow distrust Fe slightly more than an INTJ would with their Te, even though it's auxiliary? Also, almost all the INFJs I've seen here seem to think they've got developed Ti, almost downplaying the role of Fe - why is that?

That being said, social conditioning might make Tert-F females trust their tertiary more, and Tert-T males to trust their tertiary more. But it's not necessarily that they "trust" the function more, but they put on a front instead.

I think it does have a lot do with social conditioning (gender roles and what not). I guess I just feel like Fe doesn't clash as much with Ti as Te does with Fi. From my understanding Ti is a more subjective thinking function and Fe is a more objective feeling function. In INTJs it feels like their aux functions are two extremes Te being very objective and Fi being a very subjective Feeling function

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think the social conditioning part is true. My mom (ESFJ) is a teacher and my dad (INTP) is a doctor, and I was brought up to value education and with both parents really encouraging T usage, my dad especially demonstrating/cultivating it in me. I was always pretty swift and confident in engaging Te. My ISFJ boyfriend is very strong with his Ti, though I think he seems to use it more constantly (which may be the background nature of the introverted function versus the PRN nature of the extraverted function).

I see what you are saying with the subjective-objective Ti and objective-subjective Fe versus objective-objective Te and subjective-subjective Fi, but in my life it feels like the two fit in very nicely together and do not clash. They're just totally different domains. Good Te usage helps Fi usage translate into external result and good Fi usage helps provide Te usage with underlying internal structure.

I think what you may also be seeing is the more "holistic" nature of Fs versus the more "compartmentalized" nature of Ts. In general Fs will tend to talk about and emphasize something valuable to them while Ts are more likely just to use it and to demonstrate their fondness/appreciation through trusting it to be useful. So Ts are probably less likely to talk about their F and more likely just to use it. I think Fs also tend to want more holistic integration, as well as tending to see those functions as part of their identity, and so have a tendency to desire to be someone who uses T well more than Ts may care, especially male Ts.

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=17266]Infinite Bubble[/MENTION]

Just to add to that ...

I think INFJ’s may feel like they have a developed Ti because it’s hard to Fe alone and we spend a lot of time alone (at least I do ). I mean you could watch a dramatic movie or listen to a moving piece of music and cry for hours (which I’ve done) but Ni won’t let me do that all day and I can't pull alot of strong emotions from myself like Fi's can. I spend a lot of time thinking about complex things. Fe might control what those complex things are (Ex: Thinking about a social issue or something focused on people) but Fe won’t break those things down Ti does. Fe will make the final decision but Ni and Ti are taking in and analyzing everything. I feel like I can’t fully make those Fe judgements unless I Ni Ti too. I can’t make the best possible decision for everyone unless I have broken down the situation completely. At least that’s what I see myself doing. I can't speak for other INFJs

I can't really explain it right now but I have a hunch INTJs can Te alone as much as they want w.o Ni getting bored and making them solve the mysteries of life. They're Te is probably already doing that anyway.

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I see what you are saying with the subjective-objective Ti and objective-subjective Fe versus objective-objective Te and subjective-subjective Fi, but in my life it feels like the two fit in very nicely together and do not clash. They're just totally different domains. Good Te usage helps Fi usage translate into external result and good Fi usage helps provide Te usage with underlying internal structure.

Yes! This makes perfect sense for an ENFP. You're an extrovert so I could see how it would be pretty easy for you to so readily appreciate Te as it can help you connect to the outside world more so than Fi alone. I don't really know if the Introverts would feel that way. You know what I mean? Is an ISTJ and or INTJ really going to care how much the Te Fi combo helps them to connect to the outside world? I mean they have Te and it gets the job done just fine w.o dealing with the chaos of emotions. Not only that but Te allowes for a more efficient response. Would they value going through the trouble of conveying an emotion when they can just mean what they say and say what they mean?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes! This makes perfect sense for an ENFP. You're an extrovert so I could see how it would be pretty easy for you to so readily appreciate Te as it can help you connect to the outside world more so than Fi alone. I don't really know if the Introverts would feel that way. You know what I mean? Is an ISTJ and or INTJ really going to care how much the Te Fi combo helps them to connect to the outside world? I mean they have Te and it gets the job done just fine w.o dealing with the chaos of emotions. Not only that but Te allowes for a more efficient response. Would they value going through the trouble of conveying an emotion when they can just mean what they say and say what they mean?

I would think it would work the opposite way, though, that Fi would help an INTJ realize what their Ni is driving it and what they deeply desire to do with their gift of inner vision and outer realization. I do not think INTJ's Fi would necessarily be so much about conveying emotion outwardly as it would be understanding the nuances of their internal states as well as getting in touch with what is deeply meaningful to them and what will be most satisfying to apply themselves to. It seems to me that INTJs who are more consciously in touch with Fi have a more stable sense of direction and more compassion for taking the world as it is. It would seem to help with overall contentment and sense of significance. I suppose it might be more helpful to get an actual INTJ speaking about it than to have an ENFP conjecture about it, though.

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would think it would work the opposite way, though, that Fi would help an INTJ realize what their Ni is driving it and what they deeply desire to do with their gift of inner vision and outer realization. I do not think INTJ's Fi would necessarily be so much about conveying emotion outwardly as it would be understanding the nuances of their internal states as well as getting in touch with what is deeply meaningful to them and what will be most satisfying to apply themselves to. It seems to me that INTJs who are more consciously in touch with Fi have a more stable sense of direction and more compassion for taking the world as it is. It would seem to help with overall contentment and sense of significance. I suppose it might be more helpful to get an actual INTJ speaking about it than to have an ENFP conjecture about it, though.
know any NT's we can ask?

MacabreCharade

The idea is similar to the INTJ and INFJ insanity comparison thread. The trust comes from their function set generally being more stable to begin with.

I consider INTJ one of the four extreme function set owners in that they've taken on their natural polarities. While their interaction with the world generally has more oomph, it also costs them in stability. So it would certainly generally be more useful for them to learn to have a grasp on their tertiary, if they were to want a more reliable crutch for their primary. It's just a considerably more difficult feat to keep tabs on.

The INFJ has a tendency for lesser interaction with the external. This is what gives them a more passive quality. Whereas this leaves their primary-inferior less tampered with, which in some cases could be a sought for feature with irrational functions, it's certainly not going to be worth quite as much for the external world if it doesn't ever quite translate into it.

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm going to have to look for that thread.

MacabreCharade

It's not that the given notion originates from there. I just recalled there recently having been a comparison thread for those two types, because that's what it basically always gets down to when at least two different types are discussed.