MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

@Infinite Bubble

Just to add to that ...

I think INFJ’s may feel like they have a developed Ti because it’s hard to Fe alone and we spend a lot of time alone (at least I do ). I mean you could watch a dramatic movie or listen to a moving piece of music and cry for hours (which I’ve done) but Ni won’t let me do that all day and I can't pull alot of strong emotions from myself like Fi's can. I spend a lot of time thinking about complex things. Fe might control what those complex things are (Ex: Thinking about a social issue or something focused on people) but Fe won’t break those things down Ti does. Fe will make the final decision but Ni and Ti are taking in and analyzing everything. I feel like I can’t fully make those Fe judgements unless I Ni Ti too. I can’t make the best possible decision for everyone unless I have broken down the situation completely. At least that’s what I see myself doing. I can't speak for other INFJs

I can't really explain it right now but I have a hunch INTJs can Te alone as much as they want w.o Ni getting bored and making them solve the mysteries of life. They're Te is probably already doing that anyway.
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I see what you are saying with the subjective-objective Ti and objective-subjective Fe versus objective-objective Te and subjective-subjective Fi, but in my life it feels like the two fit in very nicely together and do not clash. They're just totally different domains. Good Te usage helps Fi usage translate into external result and good Fi usage helps provide Te usage with underlying internal structure.
    Yes! This makes perfect sense for an ENFP. You're an extrovert so I could see how it would be pretty easy for you to so readily appreciate Te as it can help you connect to the outside world more so than Fi alone. I don't really know if the Introverts would feel that way. You know what I mean? Is an ISTJ and or INTJ really going to care how much the Te Fi combo helps them to connect to the outside world? I mean they have Te and it gets the job done just fine w.o dealing with the chaos of emotions. Not only that but Te allowes for a more efficient response. Would they value going through the trouble of conveying an emotion when they can just mean what they say and say what they mean?
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

extra post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by iNtrovert View Post
    Yes! This makes perfect sense for an ENFP. You're an extrovert so I could see how it would be pretty easy for you to so readily appreciate Te as it can help you connect to the outside world more so than Fi alone. I don't really know if the Introverts would feel that way. You know what I mean? Is an ISTJ and or INTJ really going to care how much the Te Fi combo helps them to connect to the outside world? I mean they have Te and it gets the job done just fine w.o dealing with the chaos of emotions. Not only that but Te allowes for a more efficient response. Would they value going through the trouble of conveying an emotion when they can just mean what they say and say what they mean?
    I would think it would work the opposite way, though, that Fi would help an INTJ realize what their Ni is driving it and what they deeply desire to do with their gift of inner vision and outer realization. I do not think INTJ's Fi would necessarily be so much about conveying emotion outwardly as it would be understanding the nuances of their internal states as well as getting in touch with what is deeply meaningful to them and what will be most satisfying to apply themselves to. It seems to me that INTJs who are more consciously in touch with Fi have a more stable sense of direction and more compassion for taking the world as it is. It would seem to help with overall contentment and sense of significance. I suppose it might be more helpful to get an actual INTJ speaking about it than to have an ENFP conjecture about it, though.

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I would think it would work the opposite way, though, that Fi would help an INTJ realize what their Ni is driving it and what they deeply desire to do with their gift of inner vision and outer realization. I do not think INTJ's Fi would necessarily be so much about conveying emotion outwardly as it would be understanding the nuances of their internal states as well as getting in touch with what is deeply meaningful to them and what will be most satisfying to apply themselves to. It seems to me that INTJs who are more consciously in touch with Fi have a more stable sense of direction and more compassion for taking the world as it is. It would seem to help with overall contentment and sense of significance. I suppose it might be more helpful to get an actual INTJ speaking about it than to have an ENFP conjecture about it, though.
    know any NT's we can ask?

The idea is similar to the INTJ and INFJ insanity comparison thread. The trust comes from their function set generally being more stable to begin with.

I consider INTJ one of the four extreme function set owners in that they've taken on their natural polarities. While their interaction with the world generally has more oomph, it also costs them in stability. So it would certainly generally be more useful for them to learn to have a grasp on their tertiary, if they were to want a more reliable crutch for their primary. It's just a considerably more difficult feat to keep tabs on.

The INFJ has a tendency for lesser interaction with the external. This is what gives them a more passive quality. Whereas this leaves their primary-inferior less tampered with, which in some cases could be a sought for feature with irrational functions, it's certainly not going to be worth quite as much for the external world if it doesn't ever quite translate into it.

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

I'm going to have to look for that thread.

It's not that the given notion originates from there. I just recalled there recently having been a comparison thread for those two types, because that's what it basically always gets down to when at least two different types are discussed.