User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 63

  1. #21
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PimpinMcBoltage View Post
    My memory might be a tad fuzzy (remembering exact details is always difficult for me, and she is a minor character.) But how exactly do you know said character's motivations for taking the microphone away? Even if it's an entirely fictional, it would be a guess as to how you could honestly make that assessment instead of her personally being offended by his speech.

    Oh wells, as an Inferior Fe type, I would actually say that I'm a tad bit more hysteric and totalitarian around my feeling function, because of the fact that I don't really take a lot of my time out to evaluate things for myself. I just sort of absorb the social atmosphere around me, and whenever I find something that's disagreeable, I get in a giant rant about it. A Fe dom would likely not be so into hysterics, unless they are just a hysterical person in general. Besides Fe doms should actually try to consult more to how they think about things, and don't fear the fact that what something is inside of their head, is not wrong and incorrect. That they are actually capable of thinking things through, instead of going on by what's socially agreeable or not.

    My personal opinion on ESFJs are that they are sort of boring as a type. No real strong emotions come when I see them mentioned, just sort of eye rolling at stereotypes.
    I watched the whole season of "Breaking Bad" that she was in. The character was clearly an Fe dom ESFJ. You could basically tell by the characters body language that she was upset because he was offending people. This is why she took the mike away.

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    See, that's how IXFPs make me feel. I don't think ExFJs make me feel that way. It's hard to know, though... I've never been part of an ExFJs inner circle, so maybe I would run into that problem. Interesting.
    Well they make you feel like that for a different reason. You feel like you are walking on eggshells when speak to Fi doms because they are so personally sensitive. I agree that they can be a pain in the ass as well.

  2. #22
    Senior Member PimpinMcBoltage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I watched the whole season of "Breaking Bad" that she was in. The character was clearly an Fe dom ESFJ. You could basically tell by the characters body language that she was upset because he was offending people. This is why she took the mike away.
    I probably need to watch the series again. I wasn't really paying attention to the background there, just what Walt was doing.
    Phelgmatic-Jewish-Communist-Islamic-Transethnic-Asexual-National Socialist

  3. #23
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PimpinMcBoltage View Post
    I probably need to watch the series again. I wasn't really paying attention to the background there, just what Walt was doing.
    That was from season 3. I think she's in season 2 as well but I can't remember.

  4. #24
    Stansmith
    Guest

    Default

    Si just seems like an incredibly confining function. They can be funny and charming, but having a conversation with them is like eating a box of raisins. Sweet, but ehh.

  5. #25
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Si just seems like an incredibly confining function. They can be funny and charming, but having a conversation with them is like eating a box of raisins. Sweet, but ehh.
    All they want to do is talk about the past anyway.

  6. #26
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I feel like, when it comes to someone's type, most people can usually agree on the first and third letter but the second and fourth are always split. For example, I remember the debates between ENTJ and ESTP for Gordon Ramsay - the ExTx part was right but people were torn between NJ and SP. Similar thing happened on the Jennifer Lawrence thread iirc where people were leaning towards either ENFJ or ESFP. After looking at multiple Kelly Clarkson threads on Google, people either conceded to ESFJ or ENFP (and people were also torn between the two types for Asuna from Sword Art Online). I've also seen some debates between ISFP/INFJ and ISTP/INTJ. It's very odd, something about whether a perceiving function is dominant or tertiary throws people off but also I noticed each pair can carry themselves in similar ways in certain situations.
    You are so right about all of those...ESFJ/ENFP, ISFP/INFJ, ISTP/INTJ... I like being able to see them all together. The response I just made in a different thread... people sorta going back and forth between ENTJ/ESFP... I imagine the common denominator in many of these is an e6 culprit.

    I have an ESFJ e2 friend that I was actually afraid of forming a relationship with btw... And I can see all the reasons for the ENFP mistype thingie... and yet it still feels like an insult to ESFJs somehow the reasons they get mistaken for ENFP on sites like these. She's a total ADD scatterbrain like myself...and yet she's not trapped in her head, brilliant...And far more charming than I could ever hope to be.

  7. #27
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    You are so right about all of those...ESFJ/ENFP, ISFP/INFJ, ISTP/INTJ... I like being able to see them all together. The response I just made in a different thread... people sorta going back and forth between ENTJ/ESFP... I imagine the common denominator in many of these is an e6 culprit.

    I have an ESFJ e2 friend that I was actually afraid of forming a relationship with btw... And I can see all the reasons for the ENFP mistype thingie... and yet it still feels like an insult to ESFJs somehow the reasons they get mistaken for ENFP on sites like these. She's a total ADD scatterbrain like myself...and yet she's not trapped in her head, brilliant...And far more charming than I could ever hope to be.
    It makes sense why ESFJ's and ENFP's commonly mistype. They both are feelers that are extroverts, and can especially be confused with ESFJ's when the ESFJ has strong Ne. However, I can usually tell the difference because I can see the Fe poke it's nasty little head.

  8. #28
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    I think they are perceived as a perfect storm of being rampantly emotional, of being irrational and illogical (due to tertiary N and inferior T), of being overly traditional, of being too concerned with social convention and/or possessing a pack mentality, of being too unaware of the forest, of being unable to self-reflect on their faults, flaws and failings, being overly controlling and annoying and finally of being intolerant and too dismissive of people and ideas which fall outside their world-view.
    Damn.

    That was good.

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    It certainly is true that those traits seem to be supplied in abundance the world over.
    Cuz ESFJs are one of the most common types!

    Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Indeed. If you are an ESFJ like you claim then know that I haven't seen any of the above complaints or shortfalls from you. It's unfortunate that I cannot say similar things about my mother.
    Ah!

    I was wondering how you knew them so well!

    Same here!


  9. #29
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    the internet hates extrovert sensors (ESxx) in general, thinking our sole purpose is to make everyone else's lives hell.
    I used to believe that, but then I dated an ESxx. I don't think I'm compatible with that type (and I see other ESFPs do the same kind of things that would cause problems for me), but I think there's more to them than I previously thought. I do respect and admire sensors for their more practical approach to life.

    Hating on sensors and extroverts is dumb, and no better than extraverted sensors hating on introverted intuitives.

    ESFJ's are some of my best friends. People like bruce campbell and louis black. Very fun and over the top random bunch.
    Lewis Black is an ESFJ? I always thought of him as an NTP, but now that you mention it, I don't know that we would be comfortable going on stage and ranting like that.



    Quote Originally Posted by Standlube
    If they're anything like me then they consider themselves closer to weary old war veterans. An insult would be just one in a very long line.
    And yet, they seem to get offended by things that aren't even insults, like the fact that I used the phrase "Aragorn is boning an elf." (That's what he was doing! ) I think the thing is that Fi cares a lot about the connotation of a word, while Ti cares a lot about the denotation of the word. I don't think very much about connotations at all, which I think is what causes a lot of my problems with Fi-doms.

    I rarely feel a need to intentionally insult people. When it doesn't, it's a response to something that person did that bothered me, especially if I get the impression that they won't appreciate a more hippy-dippy "conflict resolution" approach. Where I run into trouble with FPs, it's because I'm obliviously insensitive, rather than maliciously insensitive. I'm cantankerous sometimes on the surface, but I don't actually like making people feel bad, and I apologize if I do feel that I've hurt someone with my cantankerousness. I understand people not liking being insulted, because I don't like that either. And I understand that people have a right to feel insulted even if I didn't intend that.

    What I don't understand is taking things seriously that don't warrant being taken seriously. Like the sex lives of LOTR characters. Are you really telling me that Fi-doms don't have a tendency to do this? Maybe to you, it seems like something that should be taken seriously, but to me, it doesn't.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    And yet, they seem to get offended by things that aren't even insults, like the fact that I used the phrase "Aragorn is boning an elf." (That's what he was doing! ) I think the thing is that Fi cares a lot about the connotation of a word, while Ti cares a lot about the denotation of the word. I don't think very much about connotations at all, which I think is what causes a lot of my problems with Fi-doms.

    I rarely feel a need to intentionally insult people. When it doesn't, it's a response to something that person did that bothered me, especially if I get the impression that they won't appreciate a more hippy-dippy "conflict resolution" approach. Where I run into trouble with FPs, it's because I'm obliviously insensitive, rather than maliciously insensitive. I'm cantankerous sometimes on the surface, but I don't actually like making people feel bad, and I apologize if I do feel that I've hurt someone with my cantankerousness. I understand people not liking being insulted, because I don't like that either. And I understand that people have a right to feel insulted even if I didn't intend that.

    What I don't understand is taking things seriously that don't warrant being taken seriously. Like the sex lives of LOTR characters. Are you really telling me that Fi-doms don't have a tendency to do this?
    I am not. What I meant by the quoted remark was not that Fi-doms wouldn't get insulted but that any remarks taken as an insult wouldn't cause them to crack up or suffer some sort of psychotic break. In other words they aren't as fragile as they are perceived to be. I have my suspicions that they aren't really making that big deal out of it and its merely a case of your inferior Fe is freaking out at even the most mediocre of negative emotional displays. But that's a different issue.

    It was probably more a matter of tone than connotation in this case. Connotation is an issue but its not the sole issue. A tone applied in the perfect place at the perfect time can cause a negative reaction in Fi-doms. For example, I am laughing and joking around with someone and I think they are enjoying the conversation and are approaching it from the same position as me. Just when I think all is well the person then abruptly lays down an unexpectedly blunt response which implies they don't have the same sentiments about the matter or find me an irritant etc. I would compare it to riding a motorcycle and then suddenly slamming into a brick wall which you never saw coming. It causes a moment of hesitation, uncertainty and often a less than ideal reaction. If the conversation was light-hearted and then you made the above statement in a tone in-congruent to the atmosphere perceived by the Fi user the whole system is thrown into chaos.

    But like I said before they may have a sensitive reaction to the comment and withdraw. But they'll get over it and bounce back. Don't worry about it too much.

Similar Threads

  1. Why Does Everybody Hate "The Dark Tower"?
    By Mal12345 in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2017, 09:33 PM
  2. Why does everyone think autistic people are predominately intuitive?
    By Jet Stream in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-30-2015, 10:53 PM
  3. why does everyone want to be a psycopath?
    By prplchknz in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-24-2014, 06:30 AM
  4. [Fi] Why does everyone hate on Fi?
    By Elfboy in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 292
    Last Post: 06-01-2013, 08:09 PM
  5. [NF] Why does everyone think I'm sick?
    By hommefatal in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 06-24-2009, 10:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO