• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Going for the Ti-Ni Loop Again

Is RaptorWizard in a Ti-Ni Loop?

• Total voters
I

Infinite Bubble

Who cares about the frigging loops - Occams razor! RW said he isn't even unhealthy, so a supposed loop is impossible in this case. Either a different type or an actual TiNi.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Who cares about the frigging loops - Occams razor! RW said he isn't even unhealthy, so a supposed loop is impossible in this case. Either a different type or an actual TiNi.

So HE says.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The loops exist. I escaped the TiNi loop by setting and accomplishing goals for myself. Get out of the house and live your life. A small amount of TiNi daydreaming every now and then is fine, but don't get stuck - it's a downward schizophrenic spiral. Stay in touch with reality. Exploring the space of possibilities is fine, but if you don't exert control over yourself you could lose control completely.

I'm actually very much in control of my life and I don't experience perceptual distortions of any nature; I just have the ability of hyper-focus. But on the whole, even if I'm not completely crazy, I'm still quite detached from much of it all.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

or NiTi

That's what I've been sayin. I've had issues with feeling judgements and accepting emotions in the past and have tried to conquer my feeling side with pure logic, but that wasn't as unhealthy as the loop description makes it appear (and sometimes produced more functional results). Now I think I am able to use T and F equally in a positive manner, and they exist in a check and balance sort of relationship. You can call it a loop, but it's really just a point along a continuum at a certain point in life of function development.

I

Infinite Bubble

So HE says.

Lol, true. But his answer above doesn't necessarily describe any difficulties functioning in life. Therefore an extroverted function must be being utilized with some adequacy.

You can't prove it doesn't, therefore it does.

Woah, woah, you have the burden of proof. It's like the God argument all over again.

or NiTi

That's what I've been sayin. I've had issues with feeling judgements and accepting emotions in the past and have tried to conquer my feeling side with pure logic, but that wasn't as unhealthy as the loop description makes it appear (and sometimes produced more functional results). Now I think I am able to use T and F equally in a positive manner, and they exist in a check and balance sort of relationship. You can call it a loop, but it's really just a point along a continuum at a certain point in life of function development.

I have on a couple of occasions offered him the possibility of being an NiTi.

So you developed as an NiTi first?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol, true. But his answer above doesn't necessarily describe any difficulties functioning in life. Therefore an extroverted function must be being utilized with some adequacy.

Woah, woah, you have the burden of proof. It's like the God argument again.
No, the OP has the burden of proof. ;)

MacabreCharade

But ISTP and ENTP are way different from each other.

Wasn't under the impression that you've been stuck specifically between those two.

What external sources do you primarily find yourself energised by? Both functions deal with those kinds of exchanges.

There are distinct differences.

Sensing is more likely to give you a realist. The connections they make are more likely to be more tangible in general. The most creative people and with a tendency to find novel ways, be it art, a preneur or some other project. Unfortunately for them, their 'beating the system' ways occasionally get them in trouble with the law. So their connections are probably going to support and build upon where they strive. This often gives the dominant extraverted sensors a certain pack mentality. So they tend to prove themselves very resourceful in undertakings where that's part of the criteria. The ones with 'presence' there seem to often, if not always, be on the lookout for 'the big fish'.

Intuition is less likely to be concerned with the connections being 'actual'. Meaning there are actually going to be instances among even the dominant extraverted perceivers where the individual may even have less social contacts than many introverts, yet manage to feed themselves in other ways. (That's how we occasionally get the shut-in inventor types. This often renders them a tad looney, however, as their relationship with boundaries tends to be on the erratic side. This could easily be the only way they preserve themselves, though. They may be found conversing by themselves, while reading or otherwise researching. So extraverted intuiting could also be associated with 'imaginary friends'.) The open-ended, idea-based energises them. The Internet is their domain.

Typically, both tend to find themselves frustrated, even leashed by fixed systems, and if possible, alleviate with strengths or just flat out break out of them if the possibility arises.

I

Infinite Bubble

No, the OP has the burden of proof. ;)

Depends on who is making the assertion of its existence - it was you in that instance. The OP seems to just assume it exists and that's that.

It's a wonky way to type oneself at best. If someone feels mentally unstable, they should look in the DSM-5 rather than a typology book.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wasn't under the impression that you've been stuck specifically between those two.

Well, you clearly have a good grasp of what you're talking about, so I'll explain myself to you in detail on this topic.

What external sources do you primarily find yourself energised by? Both functions deal with those kinds of exchanges.

I'm energized by building ideas out of information. It's like empiricism gives us good pieces for constructing higher models, and our minds with their imaginative potentials put them together.

There are distinct differences.

Okay, let's go over your outline then.

Sensing is more likely to give you a realist. The connections they make are more likely to be more tangible in general. The most creative people and with a tendency to find novel ways, be it art, a preneur or some other project. Unfortunately for them, their 'beating the system' ways occasionally get them in trouble with the law. So their connections are probably going to support and build upon where they strive. This often gives the dominant extraverted sensors a certain pack mentality. So they tend to prove themselves very resourceful in undertakings where that's part of the criteria. The ones with 'presence' there seem to often, if not always, be on the lookout for 'the big fish'.

I don't relate to much of this stuff about seizing the context, but the one thing that hits me is your "beating the system" example, or finding ways to break old laws and put new operations in their places for fixing problems. It's not necessarily that problems have to be "solved", so much as it is that they need to be "considered". Doing so may require some kind of shift in the architectures as designed by our perspectives, and ultimately, they should be capable foe expansion even if they never reach a destination.

Intuition is less likely to be concerned with the connections being 'actual'. Meaning there are actually going to be instances among even the dominant extraverted perceivers where the individual may even have less social contacts than many introverts, yet manage to feed themselves in other ways. (That's how we occasionally get the shut-in inventor types. This often renders them a tad looney, however, as their relationship with boundaries tends to be on the erratic side. This could easily be the only way they preserve themselves, though. They may be found conversing by themselves, while reading or otherwise researching. So extraverted intuiting could easily be associated with 'imaginary friends'.) The open-ended, idea-based energises them. The Internet is their domain.

I don't think I'm so great at seeing all of these patterns across contexts, but I do identify with your last part about "open-ended ideas" as a source of energy. I very much believe in generating as much as we can in many possible different areas or directions to achieve maximum progress and open up more possibilities. I'm not really a person that needs to "finish" everything that I do, but I think it's important to ininiate anything or any idea that has promise and push them to their furthest limits, make for an endless future.

Typically, both tend to find themselves frustrated, even leashed by fixed systems, and if possible, alleviate with strengths or just flat out break out of them if the possibility arises.

Of course it's wonderful to break our chains and find complete freedom from all restrictions, my theory for perfection.

MacabreCharade

Well, you clearly have a good grasp of what you're talking about, so I'll explain myself to you in detail on this topic.

I'm energized by building ideas out of information. It's like empiricism gives us good pieces for constructing higher models, and our minds with their imaginative potentials put them together.

Okay, let's go over your outline then.

I don't relate to much of this stuff about seizing the context, but the one thing that hits me is your "beating the system" example, or finding ways to break old laws and put new operations in their places for fixing problems. It's not necessarily that problems have to be "solved", so much as it is that they need to be "considered". Doing so may require some kind of shift in the architectures as designed by our perspectives, and ultimately, they should be capable foe expansion even if they never reach a destination.

I don't think I'm so great at seeing all of these patterns across contexts, but I do identify with your last part about "open-ended ideas" as a source of energy. I very much believe in generating as much as we can in many possible different areas or directions to achieve maximum progress and open up more possibilities. I'm not really a person that needs to "finish" everything that I do, but I think it's important to ininiate anything or any idea that has promise and push them to their furthest limits, make for an endless future.

Of course it's wonderful to break our chains and find complete freedom from all restrictions, my theory for perfection.

From the given response, I'd gravitate towards INTJ, which is apparently what you've currently set for yourself. Though without much resolution, as you seem much like a weather vane across the boards.

There's something that essentially just feels off about it. How does your Fi usually fare in your function order? It kind of seems like your Ne might have enough oomph to create these sort of fantastical notions, with little rooting from Si. This, to me, gives even a sort of INFP-like fantasy-oriented effect and I could easily see people getting very much confused by this.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Depends on who is making the assertion of its existence - it was you in that instance. The OP seems to just assume it exists and that's that.

It's a wonky way to type oneself at best. If someone feels mentally unstable, they should look in the DSM-5 rather than a typology book.
Well like I say, I don't see them as mental illnesses. My theory isn't the standard one, if there is such a thing, and I don't necessarily think having a tertiary function more developed than the auxiliary constitutes a loop. The word "loop" denotes a less functional characteristic.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
From the given response, I'd gravitate towards INTJ, which is apparently what you've currently set for yourself. Though without much resolution, as you seem much like a weather vane across the boards.

There's something that essentially just feels off about it. How does your Fi usually fare in your function order? It kind of seems like your Ne might have enough oomph to create these sort of fantastical notions, with little rooting from Si. This, to me, gives even a sort of INFP-like fantasy-oriented effect and I could easily see people getting very much confused by this.

I made some axioms that I'm posting below which have many of my values and sentiments within their contents from this website: http://raptorwizard.webstarts.com/axioms.html
*Note that these ideas are a mix of mine and another members named Zang - he ranted to me on this stuff, I took notes, and put it into the contexts of my own words and overall worldview.

1. We need to see things by asking questions. – This helps us to achieve an understanding.
2. We are not in Heaven. – We have to work our way towards Heaven.
3. Our honor must be at the divine level for us to be in Heaven. – Otherwise it would be destroyed by our corruption.
4. We each have a life force. – Our energy incarnates into physical forms from the timeless world.
5. Life is an everlasting progression. – Life progresses by triumphing over challenges (hell).
6. This world is hell. – Hell teaches us lessons throughout many lifetimes.
7. The material world exists at a low frequency (in reference to higher frequency realms). – We can rise to higher frequency realms as we gain more experience across the spectrum.
8. We are spiritually evolving. – Our planet is presently at the edge of a spiritual shift, which will develop us for space exploration.
9. I am that I am. – This character is the personal God of love.
10. Love is the one force. – Everything is part of love, which makes things possible.
11. How should we pray to God? – With the force and feeling of our true character.
12. What can God give us? – The complete potential for an endless future.
13. What should we ask for when we pray to God? – To expand our awareness and vision of things (like seeing dreams or revealing secrets).
14. Belief is at the center of our being. – This force (love) can give us anything and point the way to everything.
15. The power of belief can “create entities”. – Opinions spring from a growing pool and can form any substance, making all things (even mental constructs) in some sense a reality.
16. Reality is countered by destructive forces. – They seek to bring things into the void.
17. Existence began with a witness. – The witness made everything possible with the “word” (logos [reason]; the “codes” of creation).
18. The first thing created was love (no thing). – From this came the limitless and the witness (the force of love), which gave shape to everything out of the formless void.
19. Reason is driven by love (the good). – This shows us beauty, which is relative to how we see it.
20. Creation has 3 points. – They are existence, structure, and direction.
21. Space (structure) and time (direction) make up 5 dimensions. – This is because existence itself is a dimension.
22. The higher dimensions of creation (above the basic 5) are metaphysical. – We are stuck in the effects and cannot (at the physical level of existence) see the cause of it all.
23. Knowledge gives us greater freedom. – It is the driving force that empowers mental constructs, which gives birth to life and love.
24. Intention is the fruit of life. – It is what we want and the cause that creates it.
25. Perfection can be found by following God. – God is the transcendent cause of creation, the designer of this “existential game” that can maximize our attributes and “level us up”.
26. The logos are the language of reality. – They are the digital characters of the matrix.
27. We are all avatars of God. – We should let him guide our actions without resistance.
28. We will triumph with God on our side. – He can create possibilities for anything.
29. The system of reality is dynamic. – Everything is always growing from the immaterialness of nothing to become the synthesized complex of everything.
30. Mind controls the movement of life. – It is the action that feeds all reactions.
31. The divine mind (God) is connected to everyone. – We are each multifaceted prisms that reflect the light of God, eternally expressing himself through our own true characters.
32. The pure forms of ideas constitute what is real. – They are the dreamed up images created by the divine mind.
33. We cannot yet bear the sublime truth. – It would be unjust to reveal before our corrupted beings.
34. Knowledge liberates our will. – We need an objective point, an external standard to give the will its freedom.
35. Asking the “why” of the “will” connects it to knowledge. – It is our grasp of what we want.
36. What should we do if we are everything? – We start by gazing upon the world; we make new laws and different manifest copies of ourselves to actualize the chronicles of history.
37. Entities can help to realize the will of God. – We must take action for our will to be done.
38. Many possible world models could have existed. – This world always existed, and it is continually moving through different dimensions.
39. There is a war being waged within the divine order. – It has brought chaos to the timeless harmony of Heaven.
40. We need a focus on hope. – We must know why we want things to be and have an outline with the steps of action to realize the plan.
41. We should ask what is right before commanding. – As the moral arbiters of things, we need to see the good and decide accordingly.
42. Things change when thought of differently. – The right clarity of thought expands reality.
43. The divine can be seen in the mundane. – It can connect us to real esoteric truth.
44. Asking for the why can give us the power to do anything. – It gives us the directional will to create what could be, to focus and unleash our energies charged from within.
45. Why something will be is immaterial. – The something (an immanent creation) starts within the same plane as the immaterial (the sea of chaos), tamed and shaped by free will.
46. Society must be broken and revolutionized. – The system could be destroyed and redesigned from within.
47. We need a blueprint to start society anew. – It should be a dynamic and large scale model, where every part of the societal machine interconnects together in perfect unison.
48. Power must justify itself. – People in power must serve the subjects.
49. An entity must be able to mentally construct creations to be alive. – This is power of will.
50. We need a bridge to get where we want to go. – Looking up is easier than flying.

Also, here's a good post I made (purely my content) which has some good F in it. It's an integration of many earlier posts from me. They revolve around concepts such as love and character; make of it what you will:

If you can have hope in others and give it to them, then there's much strength in that. But if you believe everyone must do stuff for you, then it's a weakness.

There's nothing wrong with giving others the chance to help us. It's just that we also need to be strong enough to help ourselves as well when it doesn't do any good to bother others about it.

I don't know for sure though. This is a good question. It might revolve greatly around the idea of justice, or even the principle of the greatest good, whether for now, or what makes us better in future times.

It's not so much that people have to be beautiful, but as long as they're aren't starving HIV victims in Africa, people can shape themselves to a certain extent and avoid extreme ugliness, both in structure and in character.

When people can be happy with each other and take the time to share that, then that's a good friendship to me.

If you're a friend, you listen to the other person, then make every effort to offer returns if you can.

You also keep your friends inside of yourself somewhere, let them inspire you and give a life force.

We work to build bridges between each other and let the heart shine.

It's absolutely critical that this free exchange of ideas can occer, both for advancing developments, and for the friendship itself.

I'm very strong on the thinking end of the spectrum, but that doesn't mean I don't have powerful emotional sides.

You see, making ideas and actions based on rationality or logic can perfectly coexist with strong sentiments. Sometimes we can even do things by way of the emotions, but it's generally in the service of a reasoned cause.

For reference, I'm a deep humanitarian, and I truly believe it would be ideal for us to share our happiness with the world, but I wish for this because it's a much better context for advancing the progress of objectives, such as the evolution of civilization and bringing enlightenment to the mind. Truly this leads to expansion in the most integrative way.

Feelings can help give focus to our reasonings as well, make us act with better values and use knowledge with virtue.

To answer your question, find something the "thinker" has discovered or developed of mental importance to himself, and then let the enthusiasm for this point of interest spread amongst yourselves, eventually even out into the world if it's open to that. Really explore how the rationality can give hopes for the free explosion of happiness.

Ultimately, if we thinkers want something, no matter how rationalistic it may be in nature, it's because it flows from the well of happiness at the heart of our beings.

It seems very possible to me, not insofar as everyone is the same, but more like everyone has the same horizons.

Individuality I believe is a great thing. We can each play different roles to make society work and make it more interesting.

Some people will be more talented than others or develop better skills, but that's okay, as long as we can accept that and realize our own promise.

I think Buddhism is great for centering yourself with nature and the universe, can help us to reach a higher state of vision and freedom.

He also has that good philosophy of detachment, to be able to let go of things and move on with the flux of life towards the eternal.

Einstein himself was also fond of Buddhism, and said that it's the best religion out there for having a cosmic experience.

Yes, those who fall to the dark side are lucky to ever get back to the light. Thankfully divine intervention took special action on my part. I'm glad to see that God's giving the magic sparkles to your heart as well (it should also be very reassuring to know that I am God's Willpower Unleashed! - this of course means that God, I mean myself has made himself perfect by mastering both sides of the Force, light and dark)!

I know many of those funny spiritual people have that "I am that I am" philosophy of the true self and such, realizing our own potential, connecting with God within, and experiencing things from the infinite source inside of us all!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You can't prove it doesn't, therefore it does.

IOW, I can't prove that flying pink unicorns don't exist, therefore flying pink unicorns do exist.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Woah, woah, you have the burden of proof. It's like the God argument all over again.

I have on a couple of occasions offered him the possibility of being an NiTi.

So you developed as an NiTi first?

NiTi is equal to INTJ, it's just that the T in this instance is Ti instead of Te.

MacabreCharade

I made some axioms that I'm posting below which have many of my values and sentiments within their contents from this website: http://raptorwizard.webstarts.com/axioms.html
*Note that these ideas are a mix of mine and another members named Zang - he ranted to me on this stuff, I took notes, and put it into the contexts of my own words and overall worldview.

1. We need to see things by asking questions. – This helps us to achieve an understanding.
2. We are not in Heaven. – We have to work our way towards Heaven.
3. Our honor must be at the divine level for us to be in Heaven. – Otherwise it would be destroyed by our corruption.
4. We each have a life force. – Our energy incarnates into physical forms from the timeless world.
5. Life is an everlasting progression. – Life progresses by triumphing over challenges (hell).
6. This world is hell. – Hell teaches us lessons throughout many lifetimes.
7. The material world exists at a low frequency (in reference to higher frequency realms). – We can rise to higher frequency realms as we gain more experience across the spectrum.
8. We are spiritually evolving. – Our planet is presently at the edge of a spiritual shift, which will develop us for space exploration.
9. I am that I am. – This character is the personal God of love.
10. Love is the one force. – Everything is part of love, which makes things possible.
11. How should we pray to God? – With the force and feeling of our true character.
12. What can God give us? – The complete potential for an endless future.
13. What should we ask for when we pray to God? – To expand our awareness and vision of things (like seeing dreams or revealing secrets).
14. Belief is at the center of our being. – This force (love) can give us anything and point the way to everything.
15. The power of belief can “create entities”. – Opinions spring from a growing pool and can form any substance, making all things (even mental constructs) in some sense a reality.
16. Reality is countered by destructive forces. – They seek to bring things into the void.
17. Existence began with a witness. – The witness made everything possible with the “word” (logos [reason]; the “codes” of creation).
18. The first thing created was love (no thing). – From this came the limitless and the witness (the force of love), which gave shape to everything out of the formless void.
19. Reason is driven by love (the good). – This shows us beauty, which is relative to how we see it.
20. Creation has 3 points. – They are existence, structure, and direction.
21. Space (structure) and time (direction) make up 5 dimensions. – This is because existence itself is a dimension.
22. The higher dimensions of creation (above the basic 5) are metaphysical. – We are stuck in the effects and cannot (at the physical level of existence) see the cause of it all.
23. Knowledge gives us greater freedom. – It is the driving force that empowers mental constructs, which gives birth to life and love.
24. Intention is the fruit of life. – It is what we want and the cause that creates it.
25. Perfection can be found by following God. – God is the transcendent cause of creation, the designer of this “existential game” that can maximize our attributes and “level us up”.
26. The logos are the language of reality. – They are the digital characters of the matrix.
27. We are all avatars of God. – We should let him guide our actions without resistance.
28. We will triumph with God on our side. – He can create possibilities for anything.
29. The system of reality is dynamic. – Everything is always growing from the immaterialness of nothing to become the synthesized complex of everything.
30. Mind controls the movement of life. – It is the action that feeds all reactions.
31. The divine mind (God) is connected to everyone. – We are each multifaceted prisms that reflect the light of God, eternally expressing himself through our own true characters.
32. The pure forms of ideas constitute what is real. – They are the dreamed up images created by the divine mind.
33. We cannot yet bear the sublime truth. – It would be unjust to reveal before our corrupted beings.
34. Knowledge liberates our will. – We need an objective point, an external standard to give the will its freedom.
35. Asking the “why” of the “will” connects it to knowledge. – It is our grasp of what we want.
36. What should we do if we are everything? – We start by gazing upon the world; we make new laws and different manifest copies of ourselves to actualize the chronicles of history.
37. Entities can help to realize the will of God. – We must take action for our will to be done.
38. Many possible world models could have existed. – This world always existed, and it is continually moving through different dimensions.
39. There is a war being waged within the divine order. – It has brought chaos to the timeless harmony of Heaven.
40. We need a focus on hope. – We must know why we want things to be and have an outline with the steps of action to realize the plan.
41. We should ask what is right before commanding. – As the moral arbiters of things, we need to see the good and decide accordingly.
42. Things change when thought of differently. – The right clarity of thought expands reality.
43. The divine can be seen in the mundane. – It can connect us to real esoteric truth.
44. Asking for the why can give us the power to do anything. – It gives us the directional will to create what could be, to focus and unleash our energies charged from within.
45. Why something will be is immaterial. – The something (an immanent creation) starts within the same plane as the immaterial (the sea of chaos), tamed and shaped by free will.
46. Society must be broken and revolutionized. – The system could be destroyed and redesigned from within.
47. We need a blueprint to start society anew. – It should be a dynamic and large scale model, where every part of the societal machine interconnects together in perfect unison.
48. Power must justify itself. – People in power must serve the subjects.
49. An entity must be able to mentally construct creations to be alive. – This is power of will.
50. We need a bridge to get where we want to go. – Looking up is easier than flying.

Also, here's a good post I made (purely my content) which has some good F in it. It's an integration of many earlier posts from me. They revolve around concepts such as love and character; make of it what you will:

In case of this post, I'd say ISTP. I couldn't see primary Ni conjuring most of this. It seems overshadowed. You clearly put a lot of emphasis on it, however, and your enneagram would explain why. You're naturally almost as evasive about the more tangible matters as the intuitives. Sensing is largely an experience- and time-based function, however. If you were to put yourself into conditions where it would thrive more naturally, you'd probably eventually find yourself more at ease with it. That would take a little more effort, though. You're also almost going to be at the age where life typically is a kind of boot camp for this kind of fine-tuning, however, so this would likely change you for the better. You'll find yourself so much more well-rounded in about a decade.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In case of this post, I'd say ISTP. I couldn't see primary Ni conjuring most of this. It seems overshadowed. You clearly put a lot of emphasis on it, however, and your enneagram would explain why. You're naturally almost as evasive about the more tangible matters as the intuitives. Sensing is largely an experience- and time-based function, however. If you were to put yourself into conditions where it would thrive more naturally, you'd probably eventually find yourself more at ease with it. That would take a little more effort, though. You're also almost going to be at the age where life typically is a kind of boot camp for this kind of fine-tuning, however, so this would likely change you for the better. You'll find yourself so much more well-rounded in about a decade.

Hmm, I may very well be an ISTP. One thing to know is that I'm actually much more well-rounded right now than I've been for a long time. One the whole, life is so much more full of promise than it was in past times. I remember as a little kid things seemed so bright and full of love, but then as my age progressed, people get so much more closed-minded and pushy. It really set me out of my natural state for a long time.

Also, besides the tip of me waiting to get more developed, I would like if possible for you to explain the concept of Se since you're so informed, help me to better integrate the experience.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
http://www.bestfittype.com/16Types/ISTP.cfm

ISTPs - From Conversations with Analyzer Operators

Inside I am continually reworking an issue. I am constantly open to new directions, always tweaking and bringing in new information. I solve a problem by looking at all the angles, probably whatever side I need to. There is an answer, and I just need to get to the best way to figure it out-to meet my objectives and give it to people how it is without annoying anyone.

I agree with all of this whole idea of integrating multiple angles and empirical pieces into understanding things, but some things don't really have a definitive answer, and seeing things in grey can be just as much if not more insightful.

To work with difficult situations I become very logical and very analytical, and I look to see where things fit. I always watch and if there's a problem, I go back inside myself to see what may need to be done and how best to approach a situation. I like to find a technique.

It's very much in my interests to do a lot of contemplation before taking action, refine it all mentally.

The observational part of me is the ability to see when an opportunity exists and to actually act on it and make things a little bit better. I like to choose the timing for when it's appropriate to say or do something. I spend a lot of time considering scenarios before I make decisions. I'll usually go with a hunch, my intuition, what's the most likely cause. I do my best problem solving in my head away from whatever it is. I step back outside of things, think for a while, and make adjustments-could this be better than that, how do these react, and how does the whole system go together? I'm willing to do the upfront work, which makes it expedient because I never have to repeat it.

This further supports the concept of systems building as far as design goes, but when the product is done with its planning stages, I don't think it's set. I believe in repeating things many times to refine them and give them new expansions.

In my work, I don't want to be just doing stuff for the sake of doing stuff. I like to accomplish things-make a contribution. That's real important. I take a "do it" type of approach. It's very practical. It's very here and now. That does not mean I don't take into consideration the big picture and what's down the road and what's best for the organization, but at the same time my big focus is "let's get this show on the road and let's do it." I do it as well as I can. Then I think very well on my feet. I can be quick with the verbal comeback-I like the impact. I just get in there and do it, and whatever job I go into, I hit the ground running. And I'm very competitive, often with myself. I tie one hand behind my back and see if I can still do it.

It's nice to take action and make changes within the context, but this kind of dynamism can at times be overwhelming, and I don;t necessarily need to do things for them to have value.

I like flexibility in what I do. Fun means something that interests me. Organized things don't come to me easily, but I can do them. I've always found ways to make things fun. It's a game to make sure you can come to the next point where you have freedom again There's something insincere about doing something just because of somebody or something else. What I do has to make sense, have impact. I cannot stand just busy work. It has to be meaningful. I have an incredible amount of enthusiasm and passion for certain things that I do and want to see done.

This part doesn't resonate completely. I'm actually a very structured person, even if I'm transformative with its constructions. I suck very badly at having fun or making things enjoyable for people in real life situations where people are doing things and expecting results.

On the whole, I share very many of those traits, enough for ISTP to be given serious attention, and its very much a possibility for my type.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wait a minute... if this person I'm taking advice from jumped from calling me a possible INFP to ISTP on the argument of functions (and those types have completely opposite function orders), then he/she needs to be seriously questioned (within).