• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Going for the Ti-Ni Loop Again

Is RaptorWizard in a Ti-Ni Loop?

• Total voters

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
IOW, I can't prove that flying pink unicorns don't exist, therefore flying pink unicorns do exist.
Exactly! And all unicorns are both pink and blue, because there does not exist an instance of a unicorn to disprove either statement.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Exactly! And all unicorns are both pink and blue, because there does not exist an instance of a unicorn to disprove either statement.

If we were in a bathtub together, this would surely be the result:

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If we were in a bathtub together, this would surely be the result:

Lol. I think this hypothetical scenario would contain many additional variables...

It's nice to know I inspire mental images of play fighting anime girls in bathtubs.

MacabreCharade

RaptorWizard said:
It's nice to take action and make changes within the context, but this kind of dynamism can at times be overwhelming, and I don;t necessarily need to do things for them to have value.

You should put a lot of weight on your enneagram as well. It leaves you in the middle of two houses, making you something of a hybrid. So far, you've been trying to make use of it from the comfort of your introversion. Perhaps you have an itch when it comes to keeping things in your head. It has to end up as text somewhere or at least be noticeable in some way, anywhere. It's sort of a quantity-over-quality approach so perhaps this also means that you're less likely to be arsed to multi-check and generally keep tabs on ideas. Keeping in this kind of 'motion' could be 'oiling' your thinking and you'd rather put your faith on something new, rather than head back and potentially get swamped in. Luck may be on your side when you do this and you may get more results as well. The thinkers are generally more likely to babysit their ideas. Unlike you, they have more trouble actually creating anything of their own. So you're neither rejected nor accepted by those houses. Sort of a black sheep. As for fitting in with the artisans, have you ever considered taking up activities that might fine-tune and have you get more in touch with your physical side? How do you feel about martial arts? It doesn't have to be anything competitive. You might even end up managing remarkably at first by picking up books and learning about such activities completely on your own.

RaptorWizard said:
This part doesn't resonate completely. I'm actually a very structured person, even if I'm transformative with its constructions. I suck very badly at having fun or making things enjoyable for people in real life situations where people are doing things and expecting results.

Dominant introverted judging. I reckon it would take you a lot longer to really get a grasp of Se. It's not a function E5 and 6 typically have to deal with by nature. They just don't know what to do with it. If a reclusive 5w6 were to be given a car as a gift, the most use they might find out of it would be to use it as more book space. (Quite a shoddy image, but I couldn't come up with anything else for the time being.)

RaptorWizard said:
Wait a minute... if this person I'm taking advice from jumped from calling me a possible INFP to ISTP on the argument of functions (and those types have completely opposite function orders), then he/she needs to be seriously questioned (within).

Merely mentioned the impression given by the qualities involved. INFP is typically associated with fantasy, fiction and you seem to be quite attracted to such areas, although I'm not too informed about what your connection with those would be. It was based on your choice of username, images, signature and a few posts. While you already confirmed other people potentially being involved in some of your posts, I still wouldn't know what these characters signify in your case. Since I'd considered INTJ as your type as well, I went over the possibility of whether the Fi from the main functional structure of that type could essentially give such a result if Ne was pronounced as well. These unexpected 'stubs' are exactly why there's so much confusion in this theory. You typically have the function structure of a single type more pronounced, the degree of not only those individually varied, but also those of all the other functions. At least that's what I gather from such a large amount of people having these 'stubs' and 'growths'. This, after all, is what sets apart all the people of even the same type. It's individuality.

RaptorWizard said:
Hmm, I may very well be an ISTP. One thing to know is that I'm actually much more well-rounded right now than I've been for a long time. One the whole, life is so much more full of promise than it was in past times. I remember as a little kid things seemed so bright and full of love, but then as my age progressed, people get so much more closed-minded and pushy. It really set me out of my natural state for a long time.

Also, besides the tip of me waiting to get more developed, I would like if possible for you to explain the concept of Se since you're so informed, help me to better integrate the experience.

However mature you think you are at present at any given time, just recall what you were like a phase or few prior. You're likely to have a similar feeling about the current you in the future.

Doubt that was your intent, but you described the natural ebb and flow that exists everywhere. Even in the phases of human life. People exhibit similar behaviour based on the areas they're involved with. Forums like these call people together to theorise, debate, whereas an office-like atmosphere calls for power struggles, serving and the like.

The function really is as simple as what you've probably read so far. It takes everything at face value and just reaches for resources from surroundings. In your case, have you ever considered business? You could be a sort of middle-man between the ones fronting and the ones behind the scenes. Or, alternatively, after gaining the experience, set some up all by yourself, since you're a hybrid of the two utilitarian houses.

Keep in mind, I'm hypothesising around the seemingly most viable. Adding onto it from various angles. Fully support anything that seems off being ripped apart.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You should put a lot of weight on your enneagram as well. It leaves you in the middle of two houses, making you something of a hybrid. So far, you've been trying to make use of it from the comfort of your introversion. Perhaps you have an itch when it comes to keeping things in your head. It has to end up as text somewhere or at least be noticeable in some way, anywhere. It's sort of a quantity-over-quality approach so perhaps this also means that you're less likely to be arsed to multi-check and generally keep tabs on ideas. Keeping in this kind of 'motion' could be 'oiling' your thinking and you'd rather put your faith on something new, rather than head back and potentially get swamped in. Luck may be on your side when you do this and you may get more results as well. The thinkers are generally more likely to babysit their ideas. Unlike you, they have more trouble actually creating anything of their own. So you're neither rejected nor accepted by those houses. Sort of a black sheep. As for fitting in with the artisans, have you ever considered taking up activities that might fine-tune and have you get more in touch with your physical side? How do you feel about martial arts? It doesn't have to be anything competitive. You might even end up managing remarkably at first by picking up books and learning about such activities completely on your own.

I tried martial arts - it was way too much physical labor for my tastes, and it made my body feel completely broken.

Dominant introverted judging. I reckon it would take you a lot longer to really get a grasp of Se. It's not a function E5 and 6 typically have to deal with by nature. They just don't know what to do with it. If a reclusive 5w6 were to be given a car as a gift, the most use they might find out of it would be to use it as more book space. (Quite a shoddy image, but I couldn't come up with anything else for the time being.)

Okay, so 5w6 is rare for fitting with ISTPs? The forum stats speak otherwise, assuming they're correct.

Merely mentioned the impression given by the qualities involved. INFP is typically associated with fantasy, fiction and you seem to be quite attracted to such areas, although I'm not too informed about what your connection with those would be. It was based on your choice of username, images, signature and a few posts. While you already confirmed other people potentially being involved in some of your posts, I still wouldn't know what these characters signify in your case. Since I'd considered INTJ as your type as well, I went over the possibility of whether the Fi from the main functional structure of that type could essentially give such a result if Ne was pronounced as well. These unexpected 'stubs' are exactly why there's so much confusion in this theory. You typically have the function structure of a single type more pronounced, the degree of not only those individually varied, but also those of all the other functions. At least that's what I gather from such a large amount of people having these 'stubs' and 'growths'. This, after all, is what sets apart all the people of even the same type. It's individuality.

Okay, so I had INFP fantasy auras more so than functions.

However mature you think you are at present at any given time, just recall what you were like a phase or few prior. You're likely to have a similar feeling about the current you in the future.

Yes, but that doesn't mean my development levels now are lower.

Doubt that was your intent, but you described the natural ebb and flow that exists everywhere. Even in the phases of human life. People exhibit similar behaviour based on the areas they're involved with. Forums like these call people together to theorise, debate, whereas an office-like atmosphere calls for power struggles, serving and the like.

And in office atmospheres, I'm pretty much at the bottom.

The function really is as simple as what you've probably read so far. It takes everything at face value and just reaches for resources from surroundings. In your case, have you ever considered business? You could be a sort of middle-man between the ones fronting and the ones behind the scenes. Or, alternatively, after gaining the experience, set some up all by yourself, since you're a hybrid of the two utilitarian houses.

Okay, so you don't think I'm perfectly fitting with either NTs or SPs, but certainly business won't help; it's way too cold and unfeeling, doesn't have any kind of magic.

Keep in mind, I'm hypothesising around the seemingly most viable. Adding onto it from various angles. Fully support anything that seems off being ripped apart.

Hmm, maybe the Ns are a bit too vague for my tastes.

MacabreCharade

I tried martial arts - it was way too much physical labor for my tastes, and it made my body feel completely broken.

While the rigorous training does have importance, I imagined it more as just getting the gist of a lot of the various styles down. It gives you a general understanding of how bodies work and would give you control in that regard. The potential bonus being knowing how to numb down confrontations with least damage dealt.

Okay, so 5w6 is rare for fitting with ISTPs? The forum stats speak otherwise, assuming they're correct.

Sorry, not too informed on the forum statistics. E5 just implies prominence on mental activity. Intuitives tend to identify with it more, which makes sense, since the thinker house is made up of intuitives. But ISTP is the exception out of the sensors.

Yes, but that doesn't mean my development levels now are lower.

Of course not. Assuming one never gets overly confident in their knowledge.

And in office atmospheres, I'm pretty much at the bottom.

I didn't even have this in mind. I meant the modern kind of business. Ideas. Thinking of what's missing and filling the gap. All you'd need is a budget and a device to network with people and have everything else covered.

Okay, so you don't think I'm perfectly fitting with either NTs or SPs, but certainly business won't help; it's way too cold and unfeeling, doesn't have any kind of magic.

In certain ways, I suppose, it'll always be that, yes. But the 'what' would define the kind of people that may want to get involved. Rigid office types have no reason to come to you, unless that's the kind of flavour your activity has or they see themselves being able to gain from it in some way. But you may actually want them to, as they could end up being an investor.