User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is RaptorWizard in a Ti-Ni Loop?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definately

1 10.00%
  • Probably

1 10.00%
  • Maybe

2 20.00%
  • No

6 60.00%
First 12345 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Saying the loop exists doesn't mean it exists.
    Saying it doesn't exist doesn't make it not.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Saying it doesn't exist doesn't make it not exist.
    Saying that I said it doesn't exist doesn't make it exist.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Infinite Bubble

Who cares about the frigging loops - Occams razor! RW said he isn't even unhealthy, so a supposed loop is impossible in this case. Either a different type or an actual TiNi.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post

Who cares about the frigging loops - Occams razor! RW said he isn't even unhealthy, so a supposed loop is impossible in this case. Either a different type or an actual TiNi.
    So HE says.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by mingularity View Post
    The loops exist. I escaped the TiNi loop by setting and accomplishing goals for myself. Get out of the house and live your life. A small amount of TiNi daydreaming every now and then is fine, but don't get stuck - it's a downward schizophrenic spiral. Stay in touch with reality. Exploring the space of possibilities is fine, but if you don't exert control over yourself you could lose control completely.
    I'm actually very much in control of my life and I don't experience perceptual distortions of any nature; I just have the ability of hyper-focus. But on the whole, even if I'm not completely crazy, I'm still quite detached from much of it all.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Saying that I said it doesn't exist doesn't make it exist.
    You can't prove it doesn't, therefore it does.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

or NiTi

That's what I've been sayin. I've had issues with feeling judgements and accepting emotions in the past and have tried to conquer my feeling side with pure logic, but that wasn't as unhealthy as the loop description makes it appear (and sometimes produced more functional results). Now I think I am able to use T and F equally in a positive manner, and they exist in a check and balance sort of relationship. You can call it a loop, but it's really just a point along a continuum at a certain point in life of function development.

Infinite Bubble

So HE says.
    Lol, true. But his answer above doesn't necessarily describe any difficulties functioning in life. Therefore an extroverted function must be being utilized with some adequacy.

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    You can't prove it doesn't, therefore it does.
    Woah, woah, you have the burden of proof. It's like the God argument all over again.

or NiTi

That's what I've been sayin. I've had issues with feeling judgements and accepting emotions in the past and have tried to conquer my feeling side with pure logic, but that wasn't as unhealthy as the loop description makes it appear (and sometimes produced more functional results). Now I think I am able to use T and F equally in a positive manner, and they exist in a check and balance sort of relationship. You can call it a loop, but it's really just a point along a continuum at a certain point in life of function development.
    I have on a couple of occasions offered him the possibility of being an NiTi.

So you developed as an NiTi first?

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Lol, true. But his answer above doesn't necessarily describe any difficulties functioning in life. Therefore an extroverted function must be being utilized with some adequacy.

Woah, woah, you have the burden of proof. It's like the God argument again.
    No, the OP has the burden of proof.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    But ISTP and ENTP are way different from each other.
    Wasn't under the impression that you've been stuck specifically between those two.

What external sources do you primarily find yourself energised by? Both functions deal with those kinds of exchanges.

There are distinct differences.

Sensing is more likely to give you a realist. The connections they make are more likely to be more tangible in general. The most creative people and with a tendency to find novel ways, be it art, a preneur or some other project. Unfortunately for them, their 'beating the system' ways occasionally get them in trouble with the law. So their connections are probably going to support and build upon where they strive. This often gives the dominant extraverted sensors a certain pack mentality. So they tend to prove themselves very resourceful in undertakings where that's part of the criteria. The ones with 'presence' there seem to often, if not always, be on the lookout for 'the big fish'.

Intuition is less likely to be concerned with the connections being 'actual'. Meaning there are actually going to be instances among even the dominant extraverted perceivers where the individual may even have less social contacts than many introverts, yet manage to feed themselves in other ways. (That's how we occasionally get the shut-in inventor types. This often renders them a tad looney, however, as their relationship with boundaries tends to be on the erratic side. This could easily be the only way they preserve themselves, though. They may be found conversing by themselves, while reading or otherwise researching. So extraverted intuiting could also be associated with 'imaginary friends'.) The open-ended, idea-based energises them. The Internet is their domain.

Typically, both tend to find themselves frustrated, even leashed by fixed systems, and if possible, alleviate with strengths or just flat out break out of them if the possibility arises.