User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is RaptorWizard in a Ti-Ni Loop?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definately

1 10.00%
  • Probably

1 10.00%
  • Maybe

2 20.00%
  • No

6 60.00%
First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    There is no such thing as a Ti Ni loop. There is a TiNi type.
    Are you saying there is no such things as loops at all? If not then I have no idea why you singled out ISTP.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Wait... how did I just think of this question!?

Okay, here it is: do people in Ti-Ni loops ask everyone what they think, or do their trust their own ideas?

Well, maybe Ni as tertiary isn't trusted as much, so an ISTP needs more outside confirmation, whereas Ni-Ti trusts their own intuition.
    Copernican epicycles. Copernicus had to invent more and more epicycles to explain discrepancies in his cosmological theory. Tertiary theory is an example of a theory used to compensate for deficits in JCF theory. Tertiary theory is an "epicycle" theory.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Are you saying there is no such things as loops at all? If not then I have no idea why you singled out ISTP.
    I didn't single out anything. I have observed some members here going around and around in confusion about their type all because of JCF.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I didn't single out anything. I have observed some members here going around and around in confusion about their type all because of JCF.
    Hmm, this is a valid point that needs to be seriously factored. Actual personality traits may be a more consistent system of measurement than smashing random thought processes to somehow fit inside some preconceived system model.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

If cognitive functions don't matter, then I'm an NT and INFJ at the same time.

I don't think "loops" are necessarily what people describe them as; I think people underdevelop their auxiliary function and then become either too immersed in the outside world (if both dominant and tertiary are extroverted) or too stuck in their own minds (if both introverted). It's simple. It doesn't represent a mental disorder, but people with mental disorders may be in them representing the extreme side of not enough extroversion-introversion balance.

I voted maybe because I'm still considering Ni-Ti, which is the other side of the coin. And I can't 100% know anyway.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    If cognitive functions don't matter, then I'm an NT and INFJ at the same time.

I don't think "loops" are necessarily what people describe them as; I think people underdevelop their auxiliary function and then become either too immersed in the outside world (if both dominant and tertiary are extroverted) or too stuck in their own minds (if both introverted). It's simple. It doesn't represent a mental disorder, but people with mental disorders may be in them representing the extreme side of not enough extroversion-introversion balance.

I voted maybe because I'm still considering Ni-Ti, which is the other side of the coin. And I can't 100% know anyway.
    Your avatar is so... beckoning.

Infinite Bubble

I also think that loops don't exist really, just that it is how a person formed due to their environment and lifestyle. If it is such then any non-opposing function can be developed alongside the primary. Jung himself, and some seasoned practitioners, typed several famous people as "doubly-introverted" types (NiTi, I remember a couple being), but I've forgotten the source. I guess though that if someone is ill and does not get much outside stimulation because of it, they'll begin to withdraw into their inner world of introverted functions because that is natural. But it's not really a loop. As soon as they get healthy doses of stimulation, the extroverted function will have to be used once again.

MBTI
    ISTP

The loops exist. I escaped the TiNi loop by setting and accomplishing goals for myself. Get out of the house and live your life. A small amount of TiNi daydreaming every now and then is fine, but don't get stuck - it's a downward schizophrenic spiral. Stay in touch with reality. Exploring the space of possibilities is fine, but if you don't exert control over yourself you could lose control completely.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Your avatar is so... beckoning.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by mingularity View Post
    The loops exist. I escaped the TiNi loop by setting and accomplishing goals for myself. Get out of the house and live your life. A small amount of TiNi daydreaming every now and then is fine, but don't get stuck - it's a downward schizophrenic spiral. Stay in touch with reality. Exploring the space of possibilities is fine, but if you don't exert control over yourself you could lose control completely.
    Saying the loop exists doesn't mean it exists.