User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Default Is INTJ overrepresented here, or are people getting it wrong?

It seems like every other person on this website claims to be INTJ. Given it's only 1% of the population this cannot possibly be right, or is it? Maybe it's just overrepresented for some reason, but I have no idea why that is. It seems like everyone wants to be INTJ though, but rarely they are.

Secondary question: why aren't there many S's here? They are found everywhere in real life, but barely anyone here claims to be one.
    "In Heaven, everything is fine." - The Lady in the Radiator

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Well, it's obviously because we're awesome, and everyone wants to be one of us.

Seriously, because Jungian Typology is such a ridiculously abstract topic, there's of course an overwhelming N bias among the typology community. There is also an I bias because introverts are more likely to frequent internet forums. The T bias can be attributed to mislabeling T as "logical" and F as "Emotional". Of course everyone wants to think they're logical, when in actuality, its more like "systematic" vs. "sentimental", and of course it just comes down to function preferences (Wittgenstein, the greatest logician since Aristotle, was a feeler). So we have INTX. And I'm not sure INTJs are more common than INTPs here.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Agreed with the above. I think there's genuinely a lot of I's and N's here -- it's a typology forum afterall. And yes, there do seem to be a lot of IN's who mistype as INTJ's, just because intelligence and organisation skills are valued in our society. I don't think the forum vets who call themselves INTJ are imposters though.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by taylord View Post
    It seems like every other person on this website claims to be INTJ. Given it's only 1% of the population this cannot possibly be right, or is it? Maybe it's just overrepresented for some reason, but I have no idea why that is. It seems like everyone wants to be INTJ though, but rarely they are.

Secondary question: why aren't there many S's here? They are found everywhere in real life, but barely anyone here claims to be one.
    It's just that this is their only social outlet, so they post a lot. I know, it sucks, we ought to have quotas.

WALMART

A few other sites don't have this problem, Socionics forums mainly. MBTI is pretty jacked on the S/N dichotomy. That, combined with the fact that this site is a spin-off of www.intpcentral.com, is why everyone thinks they are an intuitor.

I was astounded to see a professionally accredited admin on a Socionics forum acknowledge Ni-doms as "sloppy thinkers", because that's about what I've gathered as well. They subvert the actuality of systems in preference of "a priori" knowledge; if a duality were presented, sensors would be objectivists (perhaps facile in understanding, to attribute something negative), and surely many intellectual types around here would be in favor of this approach to reality. But I digress.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    I was astounded to see a professionally accredited admin on a Socionics forum acknowledge Ni-doms as "sloppy thinkers", because that's about what I've gathered as well.
    You are easily astounded, Sensor.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by taylord View Post

Q1: With the current population of the planet estimated at 7 billion, let's first knock off 20% for illiteracy. We're left with 5 billion six hundred million.

1% of the population being INTJ is a low estimate according to capt, but using that figure 1% of the literate population is 560000. I figure it stands to reason that at least a few of them have made it here.

Q2: Sensors have better things to do, like interact with the real world.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INTj

In my defense, I am actually an INTP with OCB and the product of a Jewish mother with OCD, manic depression, and bi-polarism. So go work that one out.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Anyone else get the urge to stick him behind plexiglass and study him like the lab rat he is? *holds out carrot*
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I think that the internet attracts ISTJs as much as any IN type. Unless "N" encompasses a lot of concrete thinkers, my inclination is to think that many, many of the INTJs online are ISTJs. Actually the INTJ forum culture feels very much like an ISTJ world when I was hanging out there. I love ISTJs also and they could easily include characters like Scully and Monk. They are very clear, linear, logical, specific, and methodical. I suspect that people who are genuinely INTJs have much more of an ethereal dimension to them. There is a different feeling, although Si can also have an idealistic, almost abstract quality to it from the way I understand it. It starts with the concrete and abstracts it inwardly. Ni takes the "big picture" or an already abstract conception of it and internalizes it, so it could almost be described as twice abstracted. I find it is easiest to describe it as an almost statistical thinking, especially when applied to Te because it is attempting to negotiate a sense of "everything", so it will think in approximations and overall tendencies and currents. ITJs who are extremely specific in ideas are much more likely ISTJs.

I think that all the INs are over-typed because Kiersey wrecked the Sensor categories in his book. He didn't understand the rich and broad nature of it.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)