• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is INTJ overrepresented here, or are people getting it wrong?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
We're concerned with the suffering of others. We can just turn it off when needed. :shrug:

But that's not the basis of your morality though is it? From my understanding, Fi moral values are based more on deep-seated inner beliefs and core values though right?

A

Anew Leaf

We're concerned with the suffering of others. We can just turn it off when needed. :shrug:

Ah, so that is where us fi-doms get our cold hearts from. I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE. /This ad paid for by the Saturned for Class Planet Foundation.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But that's not the basis of your morality though is it? From my understanding, Fi moral values are based more on deep-seated inner beliefs and core values though right?

I don't understand what you're asking me right now.

Ah, so that is where us fi-doms get our cold hearts from. I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE. /This ad paid for by the Saturned for Class Planet Foundation.

:encore:

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I don't understand what you're asking me right now.

:encore:

A

Anew Leaf

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

THE CRABS DONT CARE.

PISCES FOREVEHA.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I suspect however that the real winner here is determinism. After all being born a glorious INTJ was not a choice of yours or any others, it merely happened by whatever bizarre collection of variables come together to determine it.
So roses cannot be beautiful, because they have not chosen to be so?

INTJ's are the guys you see making their own chainmail and flaunting it at rennaisance festivals, haha.

INTP's usually have jew fros and wear suits. :laugh:
Sounds like ISTPs and ENTPs, respectively. The INTPs I know (and I know quite a few) avoid suits as much as possible.

Starry

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]
What if it's just a personal value?

Hi sweetie...

I don't fully understand all of what is going on in this thread but from a very quick skim of it...it looks like a whole bunch of people that I hold in high regard disagreeing with The Great One...

People of all types are capable of and do empathize with the pain and suffering of others. <-Many scientists point to this quality...as opposed to our more predatory instincts, etc. for as to why our species has survived in the way that it has.

It is an asinine thing to say that only Fe users can hurt and ache for others. Please stop listening to the asinine.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hi sweetie...

I don't fully understand all of what is going on in this thread but from a very quick skim of it...it looks like a whole bunch of people that I hold in high regard disagreeing with The Great One...

People of all types are capable of and do empathize with the pain and suffering of others. <-Many scientists point to this quality...as opposed to our more predatory instincts, etc. for as to why our species has survived in the way that it has.

It is an asinine thing to say that only Fe users can hurt and ache for others. Please stop listening to the asinine.

OK, Thanks!
I really like reading your posts...

Starry

OK, Thanks!
I really like reading your posts...

You're not alone Magic Qwan in that... you're not alone. (I get that all the time.)

edit: *Okay, I'm full-on kidding - you're totally alone on that. Well, except for the ENFPs seem to like what I say...

edit2: actual ENFPs :newwink:

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You're not alone Magic Qwan in that... you're not alone. (I get that all the time.)

edit: *Okay, I'm full-on kidding - you're totally alone on that. Well, except for the ENFPs seem to like what I say...

edit2: actual ENFPs :newwink:

:)
I'm probably about to go to bed...

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

Haha is that a different take on the wording of "A rose by any other name...."?

In any case that post was a bit of a joke really, but think about the idea of beautiful, there is no such thing as being inherently beautiful it's a human concept we impose on something or someone around us.

I personally don't find roses beautiful myself either.

As for my point about type being determined, it is a premise of MBTI, or at least the version of it most people subscribe to, that type is something we are born with and then develop over time.

If that is the case then while it is true that an individual can take pride in their own achievements and abilities, I find it bizarre that anyone can take pride in the so called collective attributes of people from an entire type.

It's almost biblical in the implication really; "no one can help how they were made". And yet....we can help, (or at least give the impression of helping), our own worst instincts and habits.

But in the mainstream interpretations of typology theories, people usually don't switch types, although there is an old interview with Jung uploaded to youtube, (the face to to face one), where he claims that type is nothing static and changes over the course of life, however theories change all the time and just because Jung said so doesn't mean we should adhere to that.

But anyhow, my point is that I see human beings as constantly in a battle with their own generalisations, it's natural for our brains to group information by a common link, because it is easier to do so and makes the information more accessible, however sometimes along the way we lose sight of the important differences in subjectivity that broad understandings cannot tell us about.

It's as if everyone is judging one another, but they aren't actually LOOKING at people with insight and understanding. Just looking for a scapegoat for their own assumptions of what reality should be. I am not innocent of this myself.

As for roses, they don't, (as far as we know), have a typological theory that can be used to create voids between people as opposed to understandings. I did understand the point of your question, but roses are not humans.

This is all just my opinion after all.

ps: If you reply to this I won't for a while because I am on holiday as of today. But If the topic is still around I might get to reply back, although a week is a long time.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haha is that a different take on the wording of "A rose by any other name...."?

In any case that post was a bit of a joke really, but think about the idea of beautiful, there is no such thing as being inherently beautiful it's a human concept we impose on something or someone around us.

I personally don't find roses beautiful myself either.

As for my point about type being determined, it is a premise of MBTI, or at least the version of it most people subscribe to, that type is something we are born with and then develop over time.

If that is the case then while it is true that an individual can take pride in their own achievements and abilities, I find it bizarre that anyone can take pride in the so called collective attributes of people from an entire type.
I might agree about not taking pride on one's inherent attributes, but one can still appreciate their utility, convenience, or even beauty, however subjective these traits may be.

Lark

Sometimes I'm more I than E but I dont identify as I and there's not much in the way of E literature, either academic or popular to assist in thinking about that.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7

Sounds like ISTPs and ENTPs, respectively. The INTPs I know (and I know quite a few) avoid suits as much as possible.

Naw, ISTP's are usually too busy wailing about how lonely they are and drawing pictures of dragonball z to care about rennaissance festivals and jew fros. Suits, maybe. But definitely not jew fros.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Naw, ISTP's are usually too busy wailing about how lonely they are and drawing pictures of dragonball z to care about rennaissance festivals and jew fros. Suits, maybe. But definitely not jew fros.

Must still be better than endless existential despair…

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's the ENTP who is suit-tolerant. The ISTP is the DIY armorer. Many of them seem to like making and building things hands-on. Ren Faires are just a time to talk shop, share tips, perhaps show off a little. The ENTP goes to the Ren Faire dressed as Doctor Who, on the principle that as a time traveller, he is appropriate any-when. Wise guy.

G

garbage

Suits are such a pain in the ass. Getting dressed and undressed should not take more than four steps, nor should it involve more than three layers of clothing unless by choice.

If I were to go to a Ren Faire, I'd dress as a lowly peasant suffering through the whole "serfdom" thing, unable to afford nothing but a few scraps of clothing. The aristocrats can keep their 10" tall collars and scratchy coats, thanks.