MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Hi sweetie...

I don't fully understand all of what is going on in this thread but from a very quick skim of it...it looks like a whole bunch of people that I hold in high regard disagreeing with The Great One...

People of all types are capable of and do empathize with the pain and suffering of others. <-Many scientists point to this quality...as opposed to our more predatory instincts, etc. for as to why our species has survived in the way that it has.

It is an asinine thing to say that only Fe users can hurt and ache for others. Please stop listening to the asinine.
    OK, Thanks!
    I really like reading your posts...
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    OK, Thanks!
    I really like reading your posts...
    You're not alone Magic Qwan in that... you're not alone. (I get that all the time.)

edit: *Okay, I'm full-on kidding - you're totally alone on that. Well, except for the ENFPs seem to like what I say...

edit2: actual ENFPs

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    You're not alone Magic Qwan in that... you're not alone. (I get that all the time.)

edit: *Okay, I'm full-on kidding - you're totally alone on that. Well, except for the ENFPs seem to like what I say...

edit2: actual ENFPs

I'm probably about to go to bed...
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post

I'm probably about to go to bed...

I'm just getting this party started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Have a good night's sleep Mr. Off-Topic Posts.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    So roses cannot be beautiful, because they have not chosen to be so?
    Haha is that a different take on the wording of "A rose by any other name...."?

In any case that post was a bit of a joke really, but think about the idea of beautiful, there is no such thing as being inherently beautiful it's a human concept we impose on something or someone around us.

I personally don't find roses beautiful myself either.

As for my point about type being determined, it is a premise of MBTI, or at least the version of it most people subscribe to, that type is something we are born with and then develop over time.

If that is the case then while it is true that an individual can take pride in their own achievements and abilities, I find it bizarre that anyone can take pride in the so called collective attributes of people from an entire type.

It's almost biblical in the implication really; "no one can help how they were made". And yet....we can help, (or at least give the impression of helping), our own worst instincts and habits.

But in the mainstream interpretations of typology theories, people usually don't switch types, although there is an old interview with Jung uploaded to youtube, (the face to to face one), where he claims that type is nothing static and changes over the course of life, however theories change all the time and just because Jung said so doesn't mean we should adhere to that.

But anyhow, my point is that I see human beings as constantly in a battle with their own generalisations, it's natural for our brains to group information by a common link, because it is easier to do so and makes the information more accessible, however sometimes along the way we lose sight of the important differences in subjectivity that broad understandings cannot tell us about.

It's as if everyone is judging one another, but they aren't actually LOOKING at people with insight and understanding. Just looking for a scapegoat for their own assumptions of what reality should be. I am not innocent of this myself.

As for roses, they don't, (as far as we know), have a typological theory that can be used to create voids between people as opposed to understandings. I did understand the point of your question, but roses are not humans.

This is all just my opinion after all.

ps: If you reply to this I won't for a while because I am on holiday as of today. But If the topic is still around I might get to reply back, although a week is a long time.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Haha is that a different take on the wording of "A rose by any other name...."?

In any case that post was a bit of a joke really, but think about the idea of beautiful, there is no such thing as being inherently beautiful it's a human concept we impose on something or someone around us.

I personally don't find roses beautiful myself either.

As for my point about type being determined, it is a premise of MBTI, or at least the version of it most people subscribe to, that type is something we are born with and then develop over time.

If that is the case then while it is true that an individual can take pride in their own achievements and abilities, I find it bizarre that anyone can take pride in the so called collective attributes of people from an entire type.
    I might agree about not taking pride on one's inherent attributes, but one can still appreciate their utility, convenience, or even beauty, however subjective these traits may be.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Sometimes I'm more I than E but I dont identify as I and there's not much in the way of E literature, either academic or popular to assist in thinking about that.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    So roses cannot be beautiful, because they have not chosen to be so?

Sounds like ISTPs and ENTPs, respectively. The INTPs I know (and I know quite a few) avoid suits as much as possible.
    Naw, ISTP's are usually too busy wailing about how lonely they are and drawing pictures of dragonball z to care about rennaissance festivals and jew fros. Suits, maybe. But definitely not jew fros.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Naw, ISTP's are usually too busy wailing about how lonely they are and drawing pictures of dragonball z to care about rennaissance festivals and jew fros. Suits, maybe. But definitely not jew fros.
    Must still be better than endless existential despair…
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    It's the ENTP who is suit-tolerant. The ISTP is the DIY armorer. Many of them seem to like making and building things hands-on. Ren Faires are just a time to talk shop, share tips, perhaps show off a little. The ENTP goes to the Ren Faire dressed as Doctor Who, on the principle that as a time traveller, he is appropriate any-when. Wise guy.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...