• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is INTJ overrepresented here, or are people getting it wrong?

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
In any sort of typology, it seems like giving out a particularly strong nickname to something never goes well and only does nothing more than to confuse others.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
#5: People mistakenly think that INTJs make the best pudding. This is a lie.

Indeed. Apparently someone a while back mistook expert INTJ-produced guacamole for pistachio pudding. INTJs make the best guacamole. We kind of suck at pudding.

G

Ginkgo

I don't think this website is the only only sanctum housing an overrepresentation of "N"s.

From my observations, most of those with anything to say about MBTI on the web are alleged Ns as well.

I'm not sure why they arrive at those conclusions about their type, but I'd venture to say that those who are given a solid chance to talk about how "awesome" they are will likely not shut up about it - even if their momentary brashness obviously contrasts with their "Introverted", "reserved", nature.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My pudding is awesome! :D

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just made Indian Pudding, one of my fall favorites. It got mixed reviews, but then it seems to be something that one either really likes, or doesn't like at all.

A

Anew Leaf

I am pleased to see that the INTJs, whom are not easily given to distracted derailing of threads, have succumbed to the magic of pudding.

VERY pleased.

*rubs paws together in evil fashion*

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am pleased to see that the INTJs, whom are not easily given to distracted derailing of threads, have succumbed to the magic of pudding.

VERY pleased.

*rubs paws together in evil fashion*
puss_in_boots_oooh_cat_wallpaper_by_stitchlovergirl96-d4gkc65.png

Aspie aspiring

Hi, first post but I've studied this topic a lot! Anyways, from what I've seen online and from people who have disclosed their types on Facebook, the most common result that people get on the dichotomy-based, free test online is INTJ. Maybe INFJ as well. But there is a lot of self-reporting bias to those tests. That said, though, I do think that introverted and intuitive types are overrepresented online-- IN types tend to gravitate towards this stuff like a moth to the proverbial flame.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
They are around. Always. And even more. We just rotate since the forum can only handle so many at once ;)

Re: INTJs....... yeah there a lot more here than in the general population but it's not like an absurd amount. There are a lot of people, particularly other T-doms and ISTJs, who mistype as INTJ (as they don't understand the true Ni-dom nature of them), but I can't really think of anyone in particular here who is such a mistype.

Yeah, they probably aren't mis-typed ISTJ's. Those are as rare as blood diamonds around these personality sites.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, they probably aren't mis-typed ISTJ's. Those are as rare as blood diamonds around these personality sites.

It makes sense that this would seem to be the case if a lot of them are mistyped as INTJ.

Yeah, it's not that frequent though (they more often mistype as IxTP when the ISTJ description sounds too super-J for them), at least when compared to T-doms (INTP, ISTP, ENTJ, ESTJ) identifying as INTJ. Not on here so much, but more generally online.

Emotionalogic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ni, Te, And Fi all love typology in that order. Ni is the most introspective function and loves looking for the deep patterns in one's own subconscious and experience. Jung himself was INFJ, as close to pure ni as you can get. Te likes the idea that everyone can be sorted into 16 categories. And poor little tertiary fi is just pleased to find something that "gets" him :huh:.

hornet

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Who knows, it is probably a mixed box of candy.
Problem is that people build up their identity around their type automatically,
so if you question it you are questioning a part of their identity.
People tend to ignite small flame wars when they mistype others.
When their own type is in question it often turns into a crusade.
Spawning several threads and dragging out over months.
Depends on the maturity of all parties of course.

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Most of them are ISTJs who are mistyped because SJs are portrayed as un-intellectual and close-minded.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Most of them are ISTJs who are mistyped because SJs are portrayed as un-intellectual and close-minded.

You'd be surprised. ISTJs generally have a different flavor about them.

The intellectual ISTJs have a remarkably concrete flavor to their intellectuality. Instead of wanting to talk about abstract things like math or how people think, they want to talk about engineering marvels like dams or trains, or fly fishing and boating, or the absolute best outdoor grill. I know I'm dealing with an ISTJ when I precisely explain the abstract ideas he should apply to a task, and he nods his head agreeably, saying he understands, and then a week later I'm stuck fixing everything he did wrong because his understanding is nearly 100% literal. Indeed, they're not stupid, and often incredibly intellectual, and have very sharp memories, but abstract idea communication is almost always a failure with them.

L

LadyLazarus

If anyone is over represented at TypeoC it's the ESFJ's.
There are like a whole 2, maybe even 2 1/2
Stop reproducing already yeesh...

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If anyone is over represented at TypeoC it's the ESFJ's.
There are like a whole 2, maybe even 2 1/2
Stop reproducing already yeesh...
Are you sure there are 2 1/2, and not 5/2?