User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^Liars, damned liars, and INTJs?

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    In my defense, I am actually an INTP with OCB and the product of a Jewish mother with OCD, manic depression, and bi-polarism. So go work that one out.
    It seems no one is astounded by this news.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Well, given the weakness of MBTI/typology as a model of anything,
    And given that one can easily learn to 'work' the test to become which type comports with one's natural narcissistic tendencies,
    It's not surprising that people choose IN*J so they can feel special and rare.

MBTI
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    I think that the internet attracts ISTJs as much as any IN type...
    I think you are right. But I think they tend to frequent forums about concrete things they are interested in (investing, gardening, auto-repair, etc.). There is an investing forum I frequent and MBTI did come up in the off topic section of the forum at one point, and there was a high prevalence if ISTJ's among those who bothered to take a quick test. Of course, MBTI interest faded quickly and everybody got back to business.

As far as INTJ's here go, I don't have enough insight. I see INTPs are under-represented here because most of them are at the comfy confines of INTPC (i'm only passing through myself while INTPC remains crippled). In know there is an INTJ forum (and it's pretty busy from what I understand - but I've only peeked in there). So one might wonder why INTJ's aren't following the INTP pattern with only a handful here. The theory that the resident INTJs have mis-typed themselves would hold some water on this basis (i.e. they don't like the INTJ forum because they are not really INTJs).

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

If you do a "members search", and look for "INTPs, INFPs, or INFJs", you will find that all 3 of them are more common on this forum than INTJ!

Do some empirical research to better support your ideas before spouting poorly constructed theories.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    If you do a "members search", and look for "INTPs, INFPs, or INFJs", you will find that all 3 of them are more common on this forum than INTJ!

Do some empirical research to better support your ideas before spouting poorly constructed theories.
    Emperical research? Poorly constructed theories? Like the kind in your threads about 'cosmology', etc?
    You are a perfect example of what I wrote in post #12.
    You can call it 'Ni' or whatever escape valve suits you, you can believe that all truth is provisional and therefore requires no proof beyond that it feels right to you, but magical thinking is still magical thinking.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I think that all the INs are over-typed because Kiersey wrecked the Sensor categories in his book. He didn't understand the rich and broad nature of it.
    Yep.

Also I feel skeptical of all percentage estimates. Wayyy too many confounding variables.

The easy answer is this is the internet, where immediate and highly involved social interaction is not required, where theoretical discussion abounds, and where logic can be easily demonstrated. INTxs should be expected to show up.

Infinite Bubble

Because people who read all the amateurish internet tripe learn that "S" basically stands for "Shit", Ni makes you a genius, Thinker means you are not an illogical whiner, and that being an INJ makes you special.

There will be more than average INTJs and other Intuitives on the internet, but the scale is still a bit too lopsided from what I gather.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by taylord View Post
    It seems like every other person on this website claims to be INTJ. Given it's only 1% of the population this cannot possibly be right, or is it? Maybe it's just overrepresented for some reason, but I have no idea why that is. It seems like everyone wants to be INTJ though, but rarely they are.

Secondary question: why aren't there many S's here? They are found everywhere in real life, but barely anyone here claims to be one.
    When I ran these numbers a year ago, it was 12%. INTJs were ranked 4th in terms of frequency.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...bti-types.html

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I think that the internet attracts ISTJs as much as any IN type. Unless "N" encompasses a lot of concrete thinkers, my inclination is to think that many, many of the INTJs online are ISTJs. Actually the INTJ forum culture feels very much like an ISTJ world when I was hanging out there. I love ISTJs also and they could easily include characters like Scully and Monk. They are very clear, linear, logical, specific, and methodical. I suspect that people who are genuinely INTJs have much more of an ethereal dimension to them. There is a different feeling, although Si can also have an idealistic, almost abstract quality to it from the way I understand it. It starts with the concrete and abstracts it inwardly. Ni takes the "big picture" or an already abstract conception of it and internalizes it, so it could almost be described as twice abstracted. I find it is easiest to describe it as an almost statistical thinking, especially when applied to Te because it is attempting to negotiate a sense of "everything", so it will think in approximations and overall tendencies and currents. ITJs who are extremely specific in ideas are much more likely ISTJs.

I think that all the INs are over-typed because Kiersey wrecked the Sensor categories in his book. He didn't understand the rich and broad nature of it.
    Definitely agree with this. Especially about INTJ's "ethereal dimension". I wasn't sure how to describe that. Thanks for putting it into words.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    It seems no one is astounded by this news.
    There are new folks around these days. So I just wanted to re-establish the facts.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight