User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 54

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Nah I don't think you're understanding what he means.
    Yes I do. What he is talking about isn't function related so much. In any case I think he should have just spoken the truth without attempting the etiquette route. I'm sure she would have handled it (especially if she knew he was an INTP.) I would have thought she already knew and thought "might as well confirm it."

  2. #22
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Yes I do. What he is talking about isn't function related so much. In any case I think he should have just spoken the truth without attempting the etiquette route. I'm sure she would have handled it (especially if she knew he was an INTP.) I would have thought she already knew and thought "might as well confirm it."
    she was the one who wanted the blunt discussion. it was he who felt awkward with it.

    but yes...it is because fi is like that...and does make people feel awkward sometimes.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  3. #23
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,054

    Default

    Another thing that's relevant is that I rewatched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind yesterday, which I've been meaning to do for ages and finally put it of.

    And yeah, something that seems to come up in the movie is these kinds of Fi/Fe conflicts. Joel is definitely a Si-heavy INTP in that movie (he has Fe, not Fi.... "I hate the idea of being a couple people think that about.", for anyone who might think he's an ISTJ) and Clementine is an ENFP, I think. And Joel actually kind of acts like a jerk a lot in this, in a sort of casual unaware INTP way.

    Clementine is actually really awkward in that scene on the train, and nervous as hell if you look closely.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  4. #24
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Actually I totally see Fe and Fi out of this. Fi absorbs and observes and engages feeling. It's partially the feelings that the other person puts out and partially the feelings that the Fi user focuses on. Fi brings it up because Fi just "feels" it in the air and assumes it's obvious to the other person, too. Fe, looking instead at the exchange of feeling, says why are you pushing this feeling on me? to Fi. Fe wonders how that exchange is supposed to make things better. Fi feels like if both people are open and exposed then there shouldn't be any hurt, because there's no malintent. Of course that doesn't always bear out, but Fi has never been particularly realistic.

  5. #25
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    To that I say what is realistic? Who has the authority to define that? Ha

  6. #26
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    But you know what I mean? Like I feel like Fi users have a really good idea of their intentions but then it comes out of our mouths and falls apart because it just doesn't translate the way it felt inside.

  7. #27
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,054

    Default

    Mostly, I'm posting this because I feel like I understand INFPs a lot better.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  8. #28
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    But you know what I mean? Like I feel like Fi users have a really good idea of their intentions but then it comes out of our mouths and falls apart because it just doesn't translate the way it felt inside.
    Do you think that what you say get misinterpreted that a lot, or that people don't react the way you'd expect?

    I feel like with this revelation, I understand NFPs a lot better, and I know a feel mildly guilty about all the complaining I've been doing about them here. Or maybe it's guilt about not wanting to date that person. I don't know. Just that I feel guilty, but also enlightened.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  9. #29
    Earth Exalted Thursday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    3,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    ha you do do you? it would help if there were music on the streets also...that would make everything make more sense.
    There's always music in the streets. Life's rhythm and pulse is palpable, you just have to surrender to it. Whether its pathos one day, or euphoria the next, the song is different but the music is never not there. Or if you've got a song in your head, that helps too
    I N V I C T U S

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    It was just so blunt, so sincere, well-intentioned, but it felt really invasive, especially for a first date. Why do I have responsibility for the feelings you absorb from me? We aren't even seeing each other! After the fact, I was able to text her and reassure that it wasn't about the topics she was bringing up or her convictions or passions. It's more with the fact that I'm really a much more cynical person than I seem at first, and that we actually didn't seem very compatible.

    But it did kind of bug me that I had to do that in the first place. It was a first date. Being invited to talk about stuff like this, I never feel like it resolves anything, anyway. Usually I just end up feeling more isolated and lonely.

    The point is, Fi doms have a blunt sincerity to them that is admirable, but I don't think it's compatible with my needs.
    I can relate to the need to know. There is a funny need to confirm that the feelings you sense are real or not. To me it does resolve something. It resolves where everyone stands.

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] Is it too late?
    By rainoneventide in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 02:29 PM
  2. Fi is...
    By Amargith in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 153
    Last Post: 03-14-2010, 08:23 AM
  3. Uhh...This is awkward.
    By ShadowPage in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-12-2009, 04:15 PM
  4. [Fi] Rosetta 2: Fi is self centered?
    By sculpting in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 07:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO