User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Stansmith

INFPs belong somewhere in Iceland or Northern England.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    aww man...i'm sorry. what was her type do you think? just curious.
    I think she was an INFP, not an ENFP.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I think she was an INFP, not an ENFP.
    and not isfp? is fi/ne more awkward than fi/se i wonder?

so...it was bad then? no second date?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Rofl. Yeah, Fi is awkward sometimes.

"You know, you have a really beautiful heart of gold"

OH this is the first date

Okay I'll pretend to not exist now

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Rofl. Yeah, Fi is awkward sometimes.

"You know, you have a really beautiful heart of gold"

OH this is the first date

Okay I'll pretend to not exist now
    Lol! Yup.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Hmm, this doesn't smell like Fi. Fi is more "should I tell him/her they are hot/beautiful or not? Is it what I believe?" and "Am I being myself on this date? Is acting like a fraud/someone else the right way of going about things?" Things like that

Fi using Ne usually turn out like: "will me complimenting their look turn out the way I would like it to? I wonder if they take it the wrong way and walk out I would be happier in the short/long term".

Awkward expression is more weak Je me-thinks.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    and not isfp? is fi/ne more awkward than fi/se i wonder?

so...it was bad then? no second date?
    ah... no..

Basically what happened was this: I realized I wasn't interested, and because my poker face is shit, this was kind of showing up, but I was trying to have the situation be as comfortable as possible. It's not her fault I'm not interested.

It would have been ok, except for the fact that she had to go ahead and comment on it, and ask me what's wrong, because I seemed unhappy. (I don't think I've ever asked someone this on a first date, because I was never sure I liked the answer, and I'd rather deal with that after the fact than in the moment.)

This really stressed me out. How can you tell someone who is being perfectly nice and actually showing concern for you that you're just not interested? I couldn't do it, the words just wouldn't come out. Stress, guilt, anxiety, loneliness just kicked in like crazy right then and there.

It was just so blunt, so sincere, well-intentioned, but it felt really invasive, especially for a first date. Why do I have responsibility for the feelings you absorb from me? We aren't even seeing each other! After the fact, I was able to text her and reassure that it wasn't about the topics she was bringing up or her convictions or passions. It's more with the fact that I'm really a much more cynical person than I seem at first, and that we actually didn't seem very compatible.

But it did kind of bug me that I had to do that in the first place. It was a first date. Being invited to talk about stuff like this, I never feel like it resolves anything, anyway. Usually I just end up feeling more isolated and lonely.

The point is, Fi doms have a blunt sincerity to them that is admirable, but I don't think it's compatible with my needs.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    ah... no..

Basically what happened was this: I realized I wasn't interested, and because my poker face is shit, this was kind of showing up, but I was trying to have the situation be as comfortable as possible. It's not her fault I'm not interested.

It would have been ok, except for the fact that she had to go ahead and comment on it, and ask me what's wrong, because I seemed unhappy. (I don't think I've ever asked someone this on a first date, because I was never sure I liked the answer, and I'd rather deal with that after the fact than in the moment.)

This really stressed me out. How can you tell someone who is being perfectly nice and actually showing concern for you that you're just not interested? I couldn't do it, the words just wouldn't come out. Stress, guilt, anxiety, loneliness just kicked in like crazy right then and there.

It was just so blunt, so sincere, well-intentioned, but it felt really invasive, especially for a first date. Why do I have responsibility for the feelings you absorb from me? We aren't even seeing each other! After the fact, I was able to text her and reassure that it wasn't about the topics she was bringing up or her convictions or passions. It's more with the fact that I'm really a much more cynical person than I seem at first, and that we actually didn't seem very compatible.

But it did kind of bug me that I had to do that in the first place. It was a first date. Being invited to talk about stuff like this, I never feel like it resolves anything, anyway. Usually I just end up feeling more isolated and lonely.

The point is, Fi doms have a blunt sincerity to them that is admirable, but I don't think it's compatible with my needs.
    That's so interesting and for real yeah I would've done that too probably. Fi is like that... I always prefer just to talk about all of the real stuff... I hate stuff being known and not discussed and any weird feelings.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

And I think you're right that that's not compatable with you. You really do seem like you'd prefer an nt.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Hmm, this doesn't smell like Fi. Fi is more "should I tell him/her they are hot/beautiful or not? Is it what I believe?" and "Am I being myself on this date? Is acting like a fraud/someone else the right way of going about things?" Things like that

Fi using Ne usually turn out like: "will me complimenting their look turn out the way I would like it to? I wonder if they take it the wrong way and walk out I would be happier in the short/long term".

Awkward expression is more weak Je me-thinks.
    Nah I don't think you're understanding what he means.
    -Jim Morrison