User Tag List

First 123 Last

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I'm so fascinated by the idea that the person who makes a certain choice is no longer the person they were before making that choice. So you can effectively never return to that decision again... nor is there any guarantee that you, now, would have liked the other option better, because you now is not you before. I feel like my challenge in life is learning how to just be happy and not question my choices so much!

It's kind of paradoxical in terms of possibility because on one hand, I like having lots of possibilities, but on the other hand, I like knowing that things will turn out well and I don't always like what feels like the heavy burden of choice. I used to try to choose a little of everything to solve that problem... but now I am trying more to focus on the possibilities within each choice as well as immersing myself in the environment/atmosphere of the choice and enjoying it in sort of a Fi/Si way.
    Pruning possibilities is incredibly stressful for me. I hate cutting it off and saying, "No this isn't possible." I'm good at coming up with ways to make it possible (even if I'm just doing this in my head) that putting it down is depressing. The worst years of my life are when I stopped considering the possibilities and just shut down and resigned myself to being where I was (this happened slowly over time). I didn't realize that it meant so much to me.

I find it funny that the possibility is THE thing I want...having choices makes me feel good. Collecting them, musing on them, dreaming about them is very pleasant for me. They're like flowers that I don't want to see die...even if it's not my favorite one. Or riches. But of course, I have to cope...can't have cake and eat it, too.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    ^ Indeed... always the memory of what might have been... and justification for what we chose...

I'm so fascinated by the idea that the person who makes a certain choice is no longer the person they were before making that choice. So you can effectively never return to that decision again... nor is there any guarantee that you, now, would have liked the other option better, because you now is not you before. I feel like my challenge in life is learning how to just be happy and not question my choices so much!

It's kind of paradoxical in terms of possibility because on one hand, I like having lots of possibilities, but on the other hand, I like knowing that things will turn out well and I don't always like what feels like the heavy burden of choice. I used to try to choose a little of everything to solve that problem... but now I am trying more to focus on the possibilities within each choice as well as immersing myself in the environment/atmosphere of the choice and enjoying it in sort of a Fi/Si way.
    I agree...
    I especially hated it when my mother jerked me out of the animation class I plunged into.
    I had no previous knowledge of it, but my instructor said it looked like I had been doing it professionally for decades and that I had a real future in it...
    I got enough experience to know it's something I'd like to learn more about, but I regret the potential memories I've lost...
    That one was on my mom, though...
    I made a good choice there, and she pulled me out because she wanted me to do study hall so I wouldn't have homework...
    Study hall was boring, and I didn't mind having homework after school, anyway...
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    The worst years of my life are when I stopped considering the possibilities and just shut down and resigned myself to being where I was (this happened slowly over time). I didn't realize that it meant so much to me.
    Totally an interesting difference between Ne aux and dom, I think, if I correctly remember you identifying as INTP. I'm usually fine at figuring out how to escape the box, but I have to be so careful not to get to lost in the possibilities. For me the worst is when I fall prey to endlessly wandering in the delight of possibility and slowly watching paths fade because I fail to choose.

They're like flowers that I don't want to see die...even if it's not my favorite one.
    I know what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan
    I agree...
    I especially hated it when my mother jerked me out of the animation class I plunged into.
    I had no previous knowledge of it, but my instructor said it looked like I had been doing it professionally for decades and that I had a real future in it...
    I got enough experience to know it's something I'd like to learn more about, but I regret the potential memories I've lost...
    That one was on my mom, though...
    I made a good choice there, and she pulled me out because she wanted me to do study hall so I wouldn't have homework...
    Study hall was boring, and I didn't mind having homework after school, anyway...
    Ohh, yes, nothing like someone else pruning your possibilities for you against your will.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Ne-doms and aux's come hither! I want to know how you feel about possibilities. Do you like them to be there even if you know you won't choose it? I have a strong need for possibilities to exist even when I know I'm not going to go down that route. I even experience distress (sometimes a great deal) if it's cut off while still knowing that I wasn't going to choose it! It feels kinda silly to have such a strong attachment to this but it's always been there.
    I can totally relate to this.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Yup. They are like my fall back options, after all. I do notice that once Ive chosen, I'll occasionally rebel, go back to the other options, but it fades..I visit them less and less, till Im completely sure about my choice and then I have no problem saying goodbye to them. But I need time to revisit and grieve
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Ne-doms and aux's come hither! I want to know how you feel about possibilities. Do you like them to be there even if you know you won't choose it? I have a strong need for possibilities to exist even when I know I'm not going to go down that route. I even experience distress (sometimes a great deal) if it's cut off while still knowing that I wasn't going to choose it! It feels kinda silly to have such a strong attachment to this but it's always been there.

I'm assuming this is the power of Ne at work and wanted to hear about your experiences.

I can't think of any particular examples of this right now but I think you get it.

Yes i like to have the option, even if I am not currently using an option I still like to be able to think on it, I suppose in that way I am still using it. I enjoy researching all sorts of possibilities and then maybe honing in on one or two, holding many others in the wing.

Taking away my possibilities is like clipping my wings... I won't be able to fly.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Yes, I would go mad without options because I need them and the ability to explore them to learn, grow, problem solve and devise evil plans (which I can't follow through on due to the lack of options choosing that path would create)!!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Yup. They are like my fall back options, after all. I do notice that once Ive chosen, I'll occasionally rebel, go back to the other options, but it fades..I visit them less and less, till Im completely sure about my choice and then I have no problem saying goodbye to them. But I need time to revisit and grieve
    And that is why I hate time limits…
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    What game is that?
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan