User Tag List

View Poll Results: symmetric vs. asymmetric

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Symmetric J type

    2 9.09%
  • Symmetric P type

    3 13.64%
  • Asymmetric J type

    6 27.27%
  • Asymmetric P type

    11 50.00%
First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 33

  1. #11
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Very interesting, but no time to read more than a paragraph. And I'm not old! Or middle-aged.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Very interesting, but no time to read more than a paragraph. And I'm not old! Or middle-aged.
    You don't have to take it personally.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  3. #13
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    You don't have to take it personally.
    No I wasn't, I just thought it had something to do with me since it was in reply to me talking about myself. But I guess it's just related to symmetry over the lifespan.

  4. #14
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    People tell me that the proportions/harmony of my face is one of the things that make it stand out so I am guessing it's relatively symmetrical... but if you look really close, there are several asymmetries just like everyone else. I would say I am above average in facial symmetry (from a purely aesthetic point of view) but nothing to write home about.

    If you think about it, pretty people tend to receive more attention and opportunities so they get more practice and validation in the social realm. It would make sense that more symmetrical individuals would score higher on the extroversion and openness scales. Some of it seems to be pointing to a "chicken vs. the egg" type of scenario.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    No I wasn't, I just thought it had something to do with me since it was in reply to me talking about myself. But I guess it's just related to symmetry over the lifespan.
    Yes, the document sucks.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #16
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    People tell me that the proportions/harmony of my face is one of the things that make it stand out so I am guessing it's relatively symmetrical... but if you look really close, there are several asymmetries just like everyone else. I would say I am above average in facial symmetry (from a purely aesthetic point of view) but nothing to write home about.

    If you think about it, pretty people tend to receive more attention and opportunities so they get more practice and validation in the social realm. It would make sense that more symmetrical individuals would score higher on the extroversion and openness scales. Some of it seems to be pointing to a "chicken vs. the egg" type of scenario.
    Good point.

  7. #17
    Stansmith
    Guest

    Default

    Slightly asymmetrical. My eye/browridge area is a bit off. Lips look funny in pictures.

  8. #18
    Stansmith
    Guest

    Default

    INFJs are the most attractive bunch, so there might be a correlation there.

  9. #19
    Senior Member autumnandtherain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Slightly asymmetrical, I think. But not too noticeable to the average person.

  10. #20
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    hmm...i have no idea if mine is.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Similar Threads

  1. What way is your society, community or school about extra curricular activities?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-29-2017, 04:02 PM
  2. What is your Personal Experience or Understanding of Inferior Ne?
    By Dreamer in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-02-2017, 10:47 PM
  3. Is Your Personality Fixed, Or Can You Change Who You Are?
    By Vasilisa in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-02-2016, 12:25 AM
  4. What is your chief strength or virtue in one word?
    By Synarch in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 02-17-2009, 05:17 AM
  5. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-20-2007, 03:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO