User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I got into MBTI stuff to understand myself better.

I stay here because I like most of the people and it's stimulating.
    /seconded , hot avatar by the way
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Banned
    MBTI
    type

My best friend gave me a test in 1997, and I've been one of its most glorious devotees ever since. I could have developed a similar system by the time I was 50, but thanks to MBTI, I don't have to.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    My best friend gave me a test in 1997, and I've been one of its most glorious devotees ever since. I could have developed a similar system by the time I was 50, but thanks to MBTI, I don't have to.
    In envy your capability to make life easy
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I'm obsessed lol. First reason, I love people and love to understand and help them out whenever I can, and whoever it is. I actually don't have a second reason.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

It helps me understand and accept human diversity.
    But of course it all started out of narcisism
    And it is a system, and I adore systems...
    And it is a language that allows discussion of human patterns and behaviour...
    And...
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    onto
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

I came here mainly to have a systematic understanding of myself, and to some degree, of other people. Frequently I come across words and sentences that trigger and catalyze my thinking.

And of course, here you can socialize without compromising your peace and observe a lot without much involvement.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Why are people (here, or elsewhere) so into MBTI? What need does it fill?
    It's just like math -- it lets us think we understand something. Whether we actually do or not is actually beside the point.

Introverted Thinking systems such as this invariably set out to spite the world in its very solution to the world's problems.

Among other reasons... it inevitably boils down to over-simplified knowledge. It doesn't have to, but it always does because no one will do the work.
    Same as when a bridge collapses 'cause the engineer didn't put in the time.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Additionally it should be noted that the ultimate masochist the one who tortures his own psychology with what stuff reason is made of.
    Typology lends itself well to those people.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I first took to the MBTI system because it made it possible for me to explain myself with greater precision to my father. Well actually once he'd tested me he kinda found that things fell into place and he understood a little better, which was nice if a little overdue.

After that point I've seen him progress from a gruff and abrasive ENTJ into someone who actually negotiates people with skill and finesse. Gone are the points when people are declared as stupid, unless he truely does think they're being stupid. As for myself after resuming my interest in the MBTI, shortly after joining INTPc, I've noted that I handle things with a little more confidence. I can now dissassemble things with new tools and pose new models for consideration. It makes predictive analysis a whole lot more fun and increasingly more accurate. Not because I use the system to predict so much as I now have better, more accurately defined labels under which to group certain responses. This gives me a better background pattern to work with.

Basically looking into MBTI re wrote my intuitive matrix so that now I have clearer definitions to compare things to. I've stopped grouping certain traits together having now actually looked at people not as certainties but as accumulations of preferences.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ISFJ

I took the test, the first time, so I could have a means to rationalize my awesomeness, seeing as how other people who talked me about it, had already posted their results. I always like the these sort of tests.

In a way it did help me understand myself better and let me tell you that I'm always very skeptic when it comes to this whole psychological mumbo jumbo.

I'm not even close to being obsessed but I must say that it helps me see something special in every individual too.

When I came here I was going through a very rough time, and since then the biggest of all my problems lately, was solved. Not by me though, it was a matter of luck. In a lot of ways I was making the problem bigger than it was in my mind. It all faded away eventually as I was starting to learn how to cope with it and I learned alot about myself through the whole process. How did MBTI help....well not directly but it helped spur my soul searching journey.