User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I definitely worked on strengthening my weak. Now that they are moderately strong, I've been focusing on pwning my strengths.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    In your opinion knowing the cognitive processes of your type, do you think you should strengthen your preferences or balance out your weak points?
    Would weak points also be considered blind points, so the average person may not realize that they are faulting? I have only read a few threads where some seemed to applaud their weaker functions. I think that overall I may be in denial of how bad my feeling cognitives are.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I think what will create the most satisfaction for most people is to strengthen their auxiliary function. Each person will get a lot of mileage if they have both a strong perceiving and judging function because the two work together a lot. A person who relies too heavily on judging will gather bad information, while a person who focuses only on perceiving will come to poor conclusions.
    In general if you want to strengthen your primary function then I believe the best way is to build up your auxiliary function.
    I agree. This seems the best approach.

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Would weak points also be considered blind points, so the average person may not realize that they are faulting? I have only read a few threads where some seemed to applaud their weaker functions. I think that overall I may be in denial of how bad my feeling cognitives are.
    I think you would notice how they were holding you back in the real world by the results you get. If your not getting what you want in the social world then maybe that could be traced back to your feeling cognitives and made up for with another dominant or auxillary function.

But if you're getting results there is no problem.