User Tag List

First 263435363738 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Ahh okay, that makes more sense now :p It's funny what you say about their reactions

I agree btw, if they explicitly call you an idiot or just sarcastically hint at it, then yeah no question of it being a condescending attitude....

I only met one person who had the tendency to do that to me. I either shouted back at them about how I'm not tolerating that sort of thing or if the situation was such, I - somewhat angrily but still mostly calmly - explain to them that they failed to see the entire situation expecting me to have information which I could not possibly have. I did tend to get my point across & into the person's head.

I guess the walking away can be pretty effective, I'm just not that sort of person

Yes I'm impatient and I freely admit it, I guess I'm the exception with that hahah
    I knew someone like that too in school, I rarely fought back in regards to me being insulted but when they did it to my friend (whom they made cry, and she had cutting issues) I used the "INFJ bomb" on her. After that she left school for a while and came back a much more considerate person. I'm still not sure if I feel bad about doing it though.
    I walk away because I'm very weak when it comes to standing up for myself, someone really has to that extra mile to force a negative reaction from me. Not walking away takes a lot of strength, I envy you .
    I have to admit, as long as the impatience isn't to do with deadlines or unreasonable expectations I find it a somewhat endearing trait, especially if it's root is in excitement, i.e. being eager to see someone or wanting you to commit to something, it tells me that someone genuinely likes something.

[quote]That sounds really bad. Can you not set aside some "me-time" for yourself???[/qoute]

I wish I could Unfortunately I can't afford my own place, my dads retired and my mum is unemployed ATM, and due to their strong work ethic they have no hobbies or friends outside their ex-jobs so they're shut-ins. And without absolute silence I feel very crowded (the walls are paper thin and my hearing is so sharp I can hear them breathe).
    Genuinely have no idea what I can do to get them out of the house for a few days on a regular basis, I can only hope the universal powers that be will intervene. Soon.

First, the same thing I said above

As for not being liked by a stranger, interesting attitude. That along with the thing about not being able to put yourself first, I saw your enneagram thread, maybe you're an introverted type 2.
    Yeah, when I read that I was like "damn! You're a mind ninja!" XD
    I'll have to look at the wings to see if I can find a correlation to why it sounded a bit loose, though that could have just been the site I used .
    So tell me a little of yourself, your profile is a little vauge *Internet Stalker*
    I offer understanding, help and basic human decency, in exchange all I ask is to be accepted.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by empertet View Post
    I knew someone like that too in school, I rarely fought back in regards to me being insulted but when they did it to my friend (whom they made cry, and she had cutting issues) I used the "INFJ bomb" on her. After that she left school for a while and came back a much more considerate person. I'm still not sure if I feel bad about doing it though.
    I walk away because I'm very weak when it comes to standing up for myself, someone really has to that extra mile to force a negative reaction from me. Not walking away takes a lot of strength, I envy you .
    I have to admit, as long as the impatience isn't to do with deadlines or unreasonable expectations I find it a somewhat endearing trait, especially if it's root is in excitement, i.e. being eager to see someone or wanting you to commit to something, it tells me that someone genuinely likes something.
    What was the INFJ bomb like? I guess it was more than just telling them one single sentence about what they were like?

My impatience is not to do with deadlines. ;p It can be due to excitement like you describe but it can be egocentric too.

I wish I could Unfortunately I can't afford my own place, my dads retired and my mum is unemployed ATM, and due to their strong work ethic they have no hobbies or friends outside their ex-jobs so they're shut-ins. And without absolute silence I feel very crowded (the walls are paper thin and my hearing is so sharp I can hear them breathe).
    Genuinely have no idea what I can do to get them out of the house for a few days on a regular basis, I can only hope the universal powers that be will intervene. Soon.
    Maybe a trivial question but can you not go somewhere where you can be alone? I don't know where you live. I live near the woods myself

What I mean by going somewhere, it doesn't have to be sitting either, could also be walking or similar.

Yeah, when I read that I was like "damn! You're a mind ninja!" XD
    I'll have to look at the wings to see if I can find a correlation to why it sounded a bit loose, though that could have just been the site I used .
    So tell me a little of yourself, your profile is a little vauge *Internet Stalker*
    Well for wings, I guess check out 2w1 first.

As for myself... feel free to ask question(s), I'll answer Perhaps move this to PM though, it would be off topic here.

MBTI
    INFJ

@valaki
    Well for wings, I guess check out 2w1 first.

As for myself... feel free to ask question(s), I'll answer Perhaps move this to PM though, it would be off topic here.
    I replied, Think you may have nailed it .
    I agree, will do.
    I offer understanding, help and basic human decency, in exchange all I ask is to be accepted.

I get annoyed when people insult me and then say, "no offense!" Wow, thanks. That made everything better. If I mean something, I am just going to say it. You can be offended. I really don't care.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by rogue350 View Post
    I get annoyed when people insult me and then say, "no offense!" Wow, thanks. That made everything better. If I mean something, I am just going to say it. You can be offended. I really don't care.
    Yeah. You say "no offense" it's like you shouldn't be offended at a remark that is most likely offensive in the first place.

It's like saying "your dog died. But don't be sad."
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I find it it hard to deal with people who dig for my inner feelings while lacking mindfullness of the consequences. It's not easy for me to come out with that stuff, so if you're going to ask me to do it, I want you to be supportive, not say that "oh, that's all in my head" or "oh, you need to have more realistic expectations." It's ok to be apathetic, and that's calming sometimes, but that kind of dismissal does tend to bother me, whether it's an angry dismissal, or a positive-sounding dismissal.

Negative emotions don't need to be crisis situations that require troubleshooting so they "never happen again", sometimes they are more like farts where it's better to just leave the room, crack a window, or ride it out.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

I am not a big fan of clarifying questions.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I am not a big fan of clarifying questions.
    Can you clarify what you mean by that?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I assume that everything would offend me, it just saves time.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Fi

What I hate about Fe:

When someone says "Do you wanna go to bed?" or "Do you wanna shovel the walk?" and they really mean "Go to bed" and "Shovel the walk." Don't sugar-coat it! Are you asking me if I wanna do these things, or are you telling me to do them? Sheez.

When someone tells me, "No, this is the way the rest of the world wants to do things, not the way Nihilogen wants to do them." Well SCREW YOUR FRICKIN WORLD. I don't CARE what you and the Queen of England have agreed to do, I do it my way, ya hear?!!