User Tag List

First 15232425262735 Last

Stansmith

Listening to certain Fe-users gossip is disheartening. They seem to have nothing substantial to talk about beyond their own arrogant, conventional, surface interpretations of others' subjective experience. Human suffering is trivial to them as long as they're not receiving their routine ass kissing/social graces.

Stansmith

Emotion for many Fe-users is nothing more than courtesy.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quoting yourself....feels really really pretentious...especially if the quote is and perhaps the writer is but meh I'll do it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Well if Fi is the internal flame of human spirit free of the trappings of all set conditions and conduct, then Fe is the external flame of shared comfort helping us to push on and that it will 'all be ok'.

Fi fights for us and paves a way to common human understanding. Fe surrounds us with a shared standard of sympathetic consideration, it doesn't delve in, rather it spreads itself extensively, reminding us that even the empty platitude must have come from a core value of decency and respect. Thus it wraps around us like cotton wool...on those little bumps and slips where we need an environment of assurity to fall back...which it provides.

Fi on the other hand is the personal flame of humanities naked essence, born into a world that often only understands by set standards of labelling; it strives to free us from the drudgery and danger of falling too hard on definitions that set us apart. Instead it attempts to throw open a path of understanding that eats through to the very centre of human truth. A truth so pure that it cannot be expressed clearly in any language of the tongue, which is unfit to tread the intangible depths that this truth consists of.

This is why Fi struggles so very much in a world that cannot understand a drive without words, a drive that must be emoted in the very soul to have any understanding at all.

But both are needed. We need some set standards to avoid anarchy and we need to occasionally set those standards aside so that we avoid oppression.

So through this balance can two sides come together and meet the other going in the opposite direction..one will smile and nod, the other will twinkle with the eyes and they shall both understand one another in a new found view of respect.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    i get that it expresses your sentiment... but i am not actually convinced that it's the case - that it genuinely represents the reality of Fe. figuring out whether it is or isn't the case has being a major concern for me. i wouldn't be talking about it if i didn't have my doubts in all directions.
    Agreed - I liked it because you expressed it so well from your vantage point. Whether it represents reality is another matter entirely.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I put up with the interaction and process the resentment.

If you process the resentment, then you don't ignore it in the way that I meant when I used the term 'ignore'.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    If you process the resentment, then you don't ignore it in the way that I meant when I used the term 'ignore'.
    Explain?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Explain?
    I'm not sure what you think I meant by "ignore" when I wrote "it probably shouldn't go ignored".....but if you process the resentment, then you aren't ignoring it in the way I meant "ignore". If you're suggesting "ignore" while also saying you process it, then I don't think you understand the point I was trying to make in my post.

And I kinda feel like I can already see the dead end here, so my guess is this isn't really worth trying to iron out, especially if this thread is already too much of a distraction.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

Society

Agreed - I liked it because you expressed it so well from your vantage point. Whether it represents reality is another matter entirely.
    i try to shift my perspective to represent reality the more i learn... not to say that i'm necessarily particularly successful, but it is always the goal when trying to understand anything... anything at all.

that's one of the many things i used to take for granted everyone does in their own way to some extent, before this typology crap. now there's "understanding good enough for me", and "no good can come out of this understanding", and "understanding so far as it's useful"... worst, now there are "ugly understandings" to be avoided at all cost - never uttered at the tip of one's tongue - and "beautiful understandings" to be carefully weaved and protected... essentially declaring "reality and the people in it can go fuck themselves, i shell act according to whatever understanding makes me feel good"... but never in a raw enough format. instead you just get trapped in a circle that such a conclusion can't be true because its ugly, even if previously the exact same people will utter all the components for that very conclusion.

i'm loosing faith here.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Quoting yourself....feels really really pretentious...especially if the quote is and perhaps the writer is but meh I'll do it anyway.
    reminded me of this:

Aeon doesn't want the Breen populace to become as free as she is. They're not up to it. That was the point of Thanatophobia. She likes Trevor's hands to be tied, so to speak, by the burden of his office, by his addiction to power. She doesn't want the Demiurge to relieve him of that burden. (That was implicit in that episode- though not the main point.) Revolutionaries need an oppressive establishment to thrive, just as governments need hidden enemies to justify stricture. If he were to be deposed or give up his office, she might even have to face the possibility of a committed relationship. Better that he remain unattainable. Besides, it's his supreme power that makes him attractive. Not because she likes powerful men-- but because his sense of responsibility is something she identifies with so strongly. She bears her own responsibility in her own way, for sure, but only for herself. She's both repulsed and fascinated that Trevor would take on the burden of so many that depend on him. She'd never admit it, but in that way, she admires him. It's a balance that must be maintained in a state of tension. (The ONE time Aeon does act to kill Trevor is when she pulls the lever in the Purge. And that is done at the coaxing of Trevor himself. He taunts her into acting against her "conscience" as proof that she is not under his control. "Conscience" is an idea, therefore a word, therefore a tool.)

- an interview with peter chung

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

so...have we gotten to a good place here or what?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison